Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2004 11:11:26 PM EDT
On Tuesday night, 08-24-2004 A man living alone in Sunset Hills Missouri shot and killed an intruder who made entry into his residence. The local media said that the man was in his 40's and heard a knock and his back door late Tuesday night. The man at the door was in his early 20's and was asking for some gasoline. The homeowner was advising the man to walk around the side of the house and get the can, when he pushed his way into the house and zapped the homeowner with a stun gun. The homeowner returned fire with his small caliber revolver striking the subject in the chest. The intruder then left the residence and stumbled approximately 200 yards before collapsing and dying. Sunset Hills Police stated that it was self-defense and no charges would be sought against the homeowner.

For a little perspective, Sunset Hills is a suburb of St. Louis. Mostly higher income residential with a large retail area. Very nice neighborhood. Apparently the home was in a isiolated area of Sunset Hills, as the arial photos indicated lots of trees and a fairly large yard....guessing 3 acres or so.

Score one for the good guys!!!!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 11:21:06 PM EDT
[#1]
good guy 1 bad guy dead

humm i like that, no need for a rope
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:46:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:59:33 AM EDT
[#3]
My nextdoor neighbor (an ex cop) told me that if you choose to use deadly force for home defense, in MO, the most cut and dry case is to drop the burglar/home-invader inside your home.  But in this case, the forced entry and the stun gun probably provide justifiable causes for the use of deadly force.  Good for the homeowner.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 4:15:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Good to hear the police got it right on this one!!
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 4:32:21 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
good guy 1 bad guy dead

humm i like that, no need for a rope

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top