Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2004 8:48:20 PM EDT
Newspaper Article  

Synopsis:  Someone converted their AR to full auto\had a restricted mag, then decided to do spotlight some rabbits in roughly the same area two Elk got poached last week.

This happend in Oakley Idaho.  The local's are pretty stand up guys and I personally know the sheriff so it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Now the question is, if in a few weeks if that mag is now legal, can they still nail him since it was restricted at the time they busted him for a NFA violation?

MitGSX97

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 8:48:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Dupie!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 8:49:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Now the question is, if in a few weeks if that mag is now legal, can they still nail him since it was restricted at the time they busted him for a NFA violation?

MitGSX97

absolutely
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 8:50:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep.
Busted Big Time.
Must not be too bright!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 8:53:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Having an autosear is one thing. Using it for rabbit hunting is quite another thing.

dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 8:55:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I doubt anything will happen because of the restricted magazine or the spotlighting, it's the NFA violation that is going to screw him.  If it was just a magazine, shooting from a vehicle, and spotlighting, it probably would have only gotten him a slap on the wrist, especially in a state like Idaho.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 8:57:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Poor wabbits..
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 8:57:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I doubt anything will happen because of the restricted magazine or the spotlighting, it's the NFA violation that is going to screw him.  If it was just a magazine, shooting from a vehicle, and spotlighting, it probably would have only gotten him a slap on the wrist, especially in a state like Idaho.

Ditto.  He could have LEGALLY gotten an M-16, maybe 2 by the time he's done copping a deal for the NFA violation.
Tard screwing it up 4 the rest of us.  Posterboy for the VPC.  I bet they have it on their site in a week...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top