Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/25/2004 4:44:00 PM EDT
arrggg

sounds way to anti war and irritating what do you think?
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:49:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, you could watch it and find out.

Or you could just jump to conclusions.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:54:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I am watchin it. Some of the places look framiliar.  The Ossifer and NCO seem to know what the are doing some what and the lower enlisted is still stuck in the Arkansas ghetto
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:17:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I watched enough of it to piss me off last weekend. A bunch of dipshits pissing and moaning about having to do the job they volunteered for. Members of the United States Army making negative statements about the President and the war in Iraq to the media. A widespread lack of discipline and bearing, along with a lack of respect for the senior officers in their unit. I am sure there are numerous good troops in that unit, but it is obvious that the show was focused on the shitbirds.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:20:57 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I watched enough of it to piss me off last weekend. A bunch of dipshits pissing and moaning about having to do the job they volunteered for. Members of the United States Army making negative statements about the President and the war in Iraq to the media. A widespread lack of discipline and bearing, along with a lack of respect for the senior officers in their unit. I am sure there are numerous good troops in that unit, but it is obvious that the show was focused on the shitbirds.

I wholey agree
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:16:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I totally agree also...bunch of absolute slobs, mixed in with "gangster" wannabes who talk big, then when they get there, are scared shitless.

#1 skinny "exgangsta" with numbers on his hand....wants to go fight for his country and not dishonor is history (parents or grandfather served?) ends up getting out of the military altogether...they didnt really say why, was it dishonorable? His 16 year old wife has a baby. Yeehaw, dumbass. He talked all gungho, then pussied out when it came time for business.

#2 skinny farmboy, seemed like a good enough kid, wanted to go and kick ass, then he ended up talking shit about bush and about he didnt want to go...ended up in iraq with his unit, serving...although he was absolutely scared shitless and seemed wholy against the idea of being there once the SHTF.

#3...black fellow...seemed a tad unintelligent (no, not because he was black)....I beleive he actually went to iraq, didnt try and get out of it - once he got there, his slut of a wife decided that him being away was "too hard for her" - regardless of the fact that the guy obviously had a heart of gold and provided for her displaced family (she was white with 2 or 3 kids from a previous marriage) I wanted to beat that bitch senseless when she started talking shit about him being away. Infuriating.

Overall that NG unit was just as crooked and fucked up as some ive heard about. Undertrained, undisciplined, out of shape and just there to get a paycheck. Probably shouldnt judge all units by that cover, but holy shit man, some of the guys were fucktards...officers walk into their barracks, and not a single guy stands up. Major is giving a speech, and fucking guys are laying on their bunks when he walks in, all the way through the speech. This is the ENTIRE unit. The NCOs gave them an ass chewing.

Alright, rant off. For the rest of the men who went and served, I respect that.

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:25:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Well, you could watch it and find out.

Or you could just jump to conclusions.

Or you could just jump to the automatic defense of Liberal bullshit.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:37:55 PM EDT
[#7]
It was slanted, so take it with a lot of salt

But the footage is some of the best I've seen for the conflict in terms of being in the field.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:50:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
It was slanted, so take it with a lot of salt

But the footage is some of the best I've seen for the conflict in terms of being in the field.  

I thought it ended in Kuwait....well, it showed about 2 minutes of them driving to their basecamp, then about 5 minutes of the trailers they were living in inside baghdad. Thats the most it showed as far as I saw.

That what you meant?
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 11:42:40 PM EDT
[#9]
This series started airing on the "Discovery Times Channel". What is "Times" in there for? It's short for New York Times. I think we can all see what direction this series is pointing toward.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 1:23:22 PM EDT
[#10]
I saw it last night and I was not happy to say the least. All I heard was, "I dont want to be here, Bush is wrong, I hate Iraq, etc." They all seemed to be extremely undisiplined. They took nothing seriously and pretty much made a mockery of the U.S. Military IMHO. I was saddend to see this program.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 1:48:30 PM EDT
[#11]
I watched it too.  Those guys were idiots and the segment of them going through PT was a joke.  After they got to Kuwait one of them help up a sign that said something to the effect of "Whatever happened to "one weekend a month, x weeks a year" or whatever their slogan is.  I was thinking "You're stupid...what did you think, that you could sign up for the National Guard and get a bunch of free shit, and never have to give anything back in return?"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top