Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/25/2004 4:02:55 PM EDT
VC surfaces

A new four-legged angle — actually a dog named "VC" — has suddenly materialized surrounding Sen. John Kerry's swift boat service in Vietnam.

In a 2004 presidential candidate questionnaire for Humane USA, Mr. Kerry was asked whether any pets have had an impact on his life.

"I have always had pets in my life, and there are a few that I remember very fondly," Mr. Kerry replied. "When I was serving on a Swift Boat in Vietnam, my crewmates and I had a dog we called VC.

"One day as our Swift Boat was heading up a river, a mine exploded hard under our boat," he continued. "After picking ourselves up, we discovered VC was MIA (missing in action). Several minutes of frantic search followed, after which we thought we'd lost him. We were relieved when another boat called asking if we were missing a dog."

Said Mr. Kerry: "It turns out VC was catapulted from the deck of our boat and landed, confused but unhurt, on the deck of another boat in our patrol."

J.J. Scheele, program director of Humane USA, confirmed yesterday that her organization did, in fact, receive the above statement from the Kerry campaign.

No military records on Mr. Kerry's Web site, which aides say is a complete accounting, mention a mine exploding under his boat or any dog. The only report of a mine detonating "near" Mr. Kerry's PCF 94 was March 13, 1969, when Mr. Kerry says he was injured and a man knocked overboard.

www.washtimes.com/national/inbeltway.htm

Great Caesar's ghost.  Kerry can't help bringing up 'Nam even when he's talking to the Humane Society.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:06:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:06:36 PM EDT
[#2]
The dog saw an opening to get away from Kerry and jumped shit.

Does this clown really expect me to believe that a dog got blown off a small boat and LANDed on another boat?

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:08:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Jesus Christ on a southbound Harley...lying just comes second nature to this guy!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:09:08 PM EDT
[#4]
"....and this one time at band camp in Vietnam....."
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:10:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:10:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:10:59 PM EDT
[#7]
What he really is saying is he wants another medal for giving the dog VC mouth to mouth, during copulation, in Cambodia, during Christmas, while being attacked by other Swiftboat vets VC.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:11:03 PM EDT
[#8]
He did good,
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:13:03 PM EDT
[#9]
This is getting ridiculous. Is he trying to top Clinton in whoppers told?
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:16:01 PM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:17:13 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
The dog saw an opening to get away from Kerry and jumped shit.

Does this clown really expect me to believe that a dog got blown off a small boat and LANDed on another boat?

Sgatr15

Yup he sure does.  Hook, line and sinker.  What your not buying dog story?
Come on man its Kerry WHY would he lie.....  Oh wait he doesn't need a reason to
lie he's hero in his own mind.
Kinda reminds me of the minster of defense when we were rollen into the Baghdad,
"what the americans here in Iraq never happened".  But sir their reports just 5 miles from here
that their here!! "Nope beleave nothing you hear".

hummmm
wolf

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:23:48 PM EDT
[#12]
This frootloop doesn't need to be President (or hold any other elected office in this land) what he needs is a good straightjacket and a shrink that's willing to make MILLIONS off this assclown.

The man is a pathological liar has GOT to be heading for a breakdown.

I've seen someone here post that if he can't finish the run that Edwards would have to step in (no New Jersey style Lautenberg coup).  Who would take Edwards slot as VP?
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:26:57 PM EDT
[#13]
LOL  good times.  Good times!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:28:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:33:05 PM EDT
[#15]
I don't know if he is being an opportunist, chronic lier, or just senile.

No matter what, this guy can't tell any story without it being BS
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:35:10 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
This frootloop doesn't need to be President (or hold any other elected office in this land) what he needs is a good straightjacket and a shrink that's willing to make MILLIONS off this assclown.

The man is a pathological liar has GOT to be heading for a breakdown.

I've seen someone here post that if he can't finish the run that Edwards would have to step in (no New Jersey style Lautenberg coup).  Who would take Edwards slot as VP?

and watch for Edwards to back WAAAAAY outta the spotlight as Kerry continues to self-destruct... as reprehensible as Edwards is (a requirement for being a slimebag ambulance chaser) he is no dummy, and as big an opportunist as Kerry himself - he wouldn't take Hillary on as his second in command, a shark knows better than to invite a bigger shark into it's turf... I could see Edwards picking a Feinstein or Boxer *shudder*

Kerry is getting as nutty as Carter when the ol peanut farmer was attacked by the killer rabbit which he had to fight off with an oar...

even Tee-ray-suh might distance herself from the doddering old fart, lol

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:39:36 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
"....and this one time at band camp in Vietnam....."

I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR WHAT KERRY DID WITH A FLUTE!!!  

He blew it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:43:10 PM EDT
[#18]
All that is missing from kerrys "Tales of blazing combat"is the almost obligatory...."There we were......"and the equally obligatory......"And this ain't no shit,bro."

What a typical lying assed geek.Way to many acid trips in the 60's.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:43:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Of course its true, he gave CPR to fricking hamster for Gods sake!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:16:53 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
www.postmodernclog.com/archives/KerryBotox.jpg

FOUND ...... PICTURE OF ROSIE O' DONNELLS WIFE!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:19:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Any of you guys seen this Kerry fellow at a local gun shop or gun show?
Seems like he'd be perfect selling "full-auto pre-bans" at a table in the corner.
And telling his stories.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:19:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:20:19 PM EDT
[#23]
at least this is a creative one!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:38:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:42:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:55:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Why is it that every time Kerry issues a statement on anything, that it ends up reading like the obligatory "What I Did over the Summer" papers the teachers made us right in elementary school on the first day back? LOL. You know, how everything was always stretched just a bit to sound better than what the other kids did?

It seems like Kerry is really coming unhinged. This makes me believe the swiftees are telling the truth about him, because since those attack ads started airing, Kerry has gone from being on the offensive to hiding under his bed and hugging his teddy bear. Will he also revert back to thumb sucking? I guess only time will tell.

The sad thing is, I'm not sure Kerry's dropping out would a be a plus for us. I mean we get rid of the most liberal senator in the nation if that happens. So that much is good. But Edwards still plays whatever side will scratch his back, so he's dangerous too. And he does at least appear to have somewhat of a personality, unlike Kerry. And he hasn't had so many accusations levelled at him yet. I think between the two of those right now, Edwards would actually run a stronger race. So let;s hope if Kerry cracks up, it doesn't happen until it's too late to matter.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:01:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Well, the story is partially true...

John F'in Kerry and his "dog" VC circa 1973.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:25:12 PM EDT
[#28]
he is a total loser
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:43:39 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Didn't Kerry invent the internet in the middle of being shot at in Cambodia?

Don't be an ass. Gore invented the internet. Kerry invented Cambodia.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:48:17 PM EDT
[#30]
It could happen!...
Hell...Something similar happened to me back in the Boer War, when I was flying Sopwith Camels with the 122nd Air Ninja battalion, at the battle of Wounded Knee.
I was in a negative G climb, flying inverted and parallel to a Kraut Mig29...when I FELL OUT of my plane.
Luckily, my foot hit the lever that activates autopilot (which happened to be set to cruise at Angels 5)...so, my Camel instanly went into a dive, and leveled off at 5000.
I bounced off the canopy of the Mig, and right into the rear seat of my wingman's plane.
Jester (my wingman) flew down, and dropped me off, safely into the cockpit of my Camel.
The Kraut pilot was so stunned, he clipped the Eiffel Tower...and ended up splashed in the ocean, off Cape Horn.
We made it back to the Ticonderoga on bingo fuel, and I was given a Brass Star, with a U apparatus.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:49:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:49:57 PM EDT
[#32]
I dont' think you guys are giving this guy enough credit.  The media will not let him drop out, and I think the race will still be closer than we think.  Sorry  for the wet blanket.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 8:39:01 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Didn't Kerry invent the internet in the middle of being shot at in Cambodia?

Don't be an ass. Gore invented the internet. Kerry invented Cambodia.

I think Kerry invented those sandal looking things that people wear on their feet.
You know...the ones with the strap that goes between your toes, and make that "flip, flop" sound when you take a step.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 8:50:48 PM EDT
[#34]
he also had a water rat living up his butt
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:06:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Am I the only one who thinks it's strange that the dog is named after the enemy, couldn't the pooch be named GI just as easily? I guess giving aid to the enemy is just second nature to kerry( even on a subconcious level).
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 11:03:13 AM EDT
[#36]
Think about how you typically call in your dog. Now consider the time, place and circumstances.

Now, how often do you think one could get away with screaming "VC! VC! VC!" in Southeast Asia during that period without it resulting in some...well...unintended consequences?
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 11:13:35 AM EDT
[#37]
I firmly believe that dogs can judge character better than people, HE BAILED OUT !!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top