Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/25/2004 11:52:45 AM EDT
Starting yesterday we had web/data servers getting slow.  Then they became almost unusable.  This morning the phone system started having problems along with additional servers acting up.  Outside emails were coming in slow or not at all this morning but now the entire exchange server has gone down as well.  The company is behind a firewall and has multiple levels of filtering and anti-virus before anything gets into the company.  Just wondering if anyone else is having problems or if it's just our company.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 11:55:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Someone's probably go a virus that is flooding the network with traffic.  We had one of those once, and it made it past all protection.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 11:58:01 AM EDT
[#2]
If so it's a new virus as every email is scanned for viruses and any type of executable file is removed even from internal emails.

We did have an Network Support Tech fired yesterday....thinking about it things did start to slow down as soon as he was let go.  I might have to check into that.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 12:00:44 PM EDT
[#3]
So does that mean you're hiring?

I think it's time to bugout of CT.

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 12:03:06 PM EDT
[#4]
don't appear to be any problems on the networks in MA or SJ in my company.

yeah i'd check out what the fired guy mighta done...
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 12:03:54 PM EDT
[#5]
No problems here. All systems are fully functional.

I'd be happy to come over and hook up our Network Vantage analysis system to your switch if you can span port. Of course I'd have to bill you $20,000 for a 2 week engagement, but I will find every single fault in your network and in every application running on your network, down to the programming code level of your 3rd party applications.

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 12:09:29 PM EDT
[#6]

Kaspersky AV says computer doomsday is not until tomorrow. Don't get ahead of the program
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 2:40:40 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Someone's probably go a virus that is flooding the network with traffic.  

close off any unused ports
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 2:50:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Skynet is self aware.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top