Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2004 11:33:39 AM EDT
Not that having a Democratic Presidential Candidate violating campaign laws matters to the media:

Wednesday, Aug. 25, 2004
Kerry Makes Illegal Phone Call to Swift Boat Veteran

Of course, if serving in Vietnam were the primary qualification to be president, the United States would need thousands of Oval Offices, but John Kerry, trying to avoid his Senate record, chose to make a four-month stint decades ago the centerpiece of his campaign. And every day now he must be regretting that decision.

Kerry's latest faux pas: calling Vietnam veteran Robert "Friar Tuck" Brant and asking if he knew about that awful group Swift Boat Veterans for Truth.

"I said, 'I am one, John,'" Brant said.

The Massachusetts Democrat failed to note that Brant had appeared at a news conference announcing the group in May.

"There was a moment of hesitation, and he said, `I appreciate your honesty.' He said, `Well, why are you?'"

Brant reminded Kerry of his depiction of veterans as war criminals. "I said, `You know that's not true,'" Brant recalled to the Associated Press. "That's been simmering in me about 35 years."

The New York Post reported today: "Sean McCabe, a spokesman for the 264-member organization, said it plans to send a cease-and-desist letter warning Kerry 'to stop calling our members,' because it's an independent '527' group and it's illegal for campaigns to contact them."

The senator was breaking the law and should have immediately ended the call when Brant said he was a member of Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, Fox News Channel's "Fox & Friends" reported this morning.

At a Democrat fund-raiser last night in Philadelphia, Kerry tried to defend his anti-U.S. activism even though communist torturers used his discredited congressional testimony in 1971 to add to the suffering of American POWs.

"You can judge my character, incidentally, by that," Kerry told the Democrat crowd

And now the Democrats want GWBush to violate those same laws by contacting them to personally order them to stop exercising their 1st Amendment right of free speech.

Desperation.

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 11:36:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 11:41:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Hey Skipper..

Your boat just took another round !!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 11:44:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Ouch!  Yet ANOTHER purple heart.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 11:46:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 11:47:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Excuse while I don't freak out over this.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 11:49:14 AM EDT
[#6]
What kind of penalty could his actions entail? ... if the media actually gave a hoot, that is.

- BUCC_Guy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top