Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/25/2004 11:01:22 AM EDT

I was reading through the stories on the MMM site and came across this. I hope this was intentionally over the top, but wow. Any guesses what the actual weapon or bullets were?

Posted by Suzan (elmira,NY):
4 years ago i lost my child from unprovoked violence. My 14 year son was gunned down while in school from a fellow classmate with a Russian or chinese made mig-22 assult weapon. I thought 1994 banned these horrible weapons but the classmate purchased it at wal-mart for 120.00 and got a FREE box of flak-jak brand rimfire primed class 3 armor peircing .22 caliber rounds!!!! Thank you for hearing my story. I dearly miss little Dylan. I did not inlcude my phone number becuiase its being changed next week and i do not knoew my new one yet
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 11:02:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Wanna guess it was a member here just trying to provoke some fun?
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 11:03:17 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
flak-jak brand rimfire primed class 3 armor peircing .22 caliber rounds

Odds are on a fake....note the use of buzzwords.  How many of these bitches know about class 3?
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 11:03:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 11:03:49 AM EDT
[#4]
I knew those Russians would sell their MIGs, but $120 at wal-mart?

Wow. I miss all the good deals. F16's will NEVER be that cheap.

FREE box of flak-jak brand rimfire primed class 3 armor peircing .22 caliber rounds

ahhhh...new sigline.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 11:04:43 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Wanna guess it was a member here just trying to provoke some fun?

Forest, you nailed it!  It has to be a joke.......

Scary part is that many will believe it!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 11:04:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 11:05:33 AM EDT
[#7]

Damn MIGS. The Commies had to put fences on the wings to keep the lift from running away!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 11:06:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 11:07:04 AM EDT
[#9]
I was going to say something about people in Elmira, but it would just be a cheap shot.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 11:07:08 AM EDT
[#10]
I'll bet Dylan isn't the only imaginary friend that he misses....
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 11:08:35 AM EDT
[#11]
We should ALL flood the site with with some made-up touchy-feely story about how little Willy was killed, caused by a supposedly banned full auto bullet hose with the most thrusts per squeeze and that we picked it up at the local uncontrolled gunshow for $50 and the guy gave us 1000 free rounds of Cop Killer bullets to go along with the gun.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 11:12:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 11:13:04 AM EDT
[#13]
That's friggen hilarious!!!

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 11:13:19 AM EDT
[#14]

I thought it might be someone having fun, but after reading several of the letters I'm not so sure. Just the level of mis-spelllings makes me think it's real. After all, nobody here mispells words

Note to self, check for speeling erors in thsi post
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 11:16:00 AM EDT
[#15]
This one time, at band camp, a kid came into the trumpet blower section and sprayed us with his mig-22 chock full of flak-jak brand rimfire primed class 3 armor peircing .22 caliber rounds.  Lucky for us the mig was made in the check republix and jammed up.  Thats what he gets for buying machine gun pistals from good-will in the first place but he could have killed everyone within three miles if the clip did't jamm up!!

The police didn't show up for 3 hours because the know that flak-jak brand rimfire primed class 3 armor peircing .22 caliber rounds will go right through the engines of armored cars and tanks.

I sure miss going to band camp....
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 11:22:36 AM EDT
[#16]

Another letter, however this one is one of us. It's well written and takes a understated shot at gun control

Posted by Gerald (Alexandria,VA):
I was the victim of gun violence on Thanksgiving eve, 1967, almost 37 years ago. I was 29 years old and I still carry the physical damage from that assault. My assailants were armed with Saturday Night specials and were just out doing crime, which is still very popular in Washington.

I had gone to Georgetown about 11PM to get something to eat. Because of the congestion I parked on 35TH Street, by Visitation, and walked down to Wisconsin Ave. When I returned 3 people robbed me and then shot me.

I almost died of shock since the bullet went through the superior mesenteric artery and the inferior vena Cava. The pancreas was also seriously damaged which ended the career I had just started as a pilot because I became diabetic.

I was devastated. I couldn’t understand why people who had just gotten out of prison (actually, one was an escapee) would be allowed to have guns. I am a native Washingtonian and I would rather live in Washington more than anywhere else in the world. But I wanted to live in a jurisdiction with common sense gun safety laws for my own protection. Washington was just much too violent! It always has been. The city will do nothing to reduce gun crime.

I moved to Virginia because they have the best common sense gun safety laws and consequently the lowest rate of violence in the area according to FBI statistics. I like Virginia but I miss Washington terribly. And of course I long for a career in aviation, which will never happen, since I am diabetic because of the pancreas injury.

I wish Washington (and Maryland too) would pass common sense gun safety laws to reduce violence in their jurisdictions.

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 11:24:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 11:28:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Poor Bob..
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 11:29:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Last year my poor son Brian was gunned down at school.  He was shot nine times with a .50 BMG assault weapon, which I've been told the military uses to shoot down enemy airliners.  The murderers father had purchased it at a gun show and did not put a trigger lock on it.  My son had done nothing wrong, other than being accused of being a bully by the murderer.  I thought that all rifles were banned in 1994 and no more could be sold.  If we cannot get the ban passed again then I am definately moving to california were these weapons are a felony to possess.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 11:33:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 11:48:52 AM EDT
[#21]
link?????
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 11:51:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Who is going to photoshop a pic of a little kid shooting with a mig in his hands?
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 11:51:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Cold link to articles please.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 12:00:20 PM EDT
[#24]

www.millionmommarch.org/stories/read/

You have to click "more stories" 17 times before you get to the mig-22
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 12:04:40 PM EDT
[#25]
http://www.millionmommarch.org/stories/read/
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 12:05:29 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm writing you to tell you of my son, Elmer. Elmer was 11 when he was taken from us. He was on a hunting trip, hunting rabbits. He was mistakingly shot by a hunter using a 40watt plasma rifle.

He was microwaved on the spot. These new and more lethal  weapons are more dangerous than Mk-17 or the deaded mig-22's..

With the wide spread use of spent nuclear fuel rods...more weapons like this will be made avaiable to street thugs and despots worldwide...

my submission

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 12:19:04 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Who is going to photoshop a pic of a little kid shooting with a mig in his hands?

I aim to please
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 12:19:17 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
We should ALL flood the site with with some made-up touchy-feely story about how little Willy was killed, caused by a supposedly banned full auto bullet hose with the most thrusts per squeeze and that we picked it up at the local uncontrolled gunshow for $50 and the guy gave us 1000 free rounds of Cop Killer bullets to go along with the gun.

As funny as it is, I think it's a bad idea.

We know the the difference between fact and fiction, but these morons don't.  The last thing we need is for a joke to be added to their statistics.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 12:30:06 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Obviously it was a chinese mig copy, I mean they bought it at walmart.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 12:33:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 12:33:49 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
We know the the difference between fact and fiction, but these morons don't.  The last thing we need is for a joke to be added to their statistics.

These jokes don't add to their statisitics - but it will inspire them.

However I can't wait till I hear one of these storeis in a speech or as testomony before some goverment body.  The laughter from the viewing areas will be deafening.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 12:37:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 12:54:23 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
If they use the statistic of an RPG7 bought at Target, via the gunshow loophole, firing Lightning_P38 ammo, then I will not only have had fun at thier expense, but allowed thwmselves to prove beyond a doubt that they are idiots who should not be trusted to form political opinions without the help of responsible adults.

You've heard the terms "more thrust per squeeze" and "bullet hose".  You hear the anti gunners claiming that illegal MGs can be purchased by felons at gun shows.  You hear claims like ".50 BMGs can shoot down airplanes", "pistol grip equipped guns allow for quick accurate fire from the hip".  These are all they false claims, and they use them EVERY day to gain support for their cause.  No one in the media or in DC ever challenges these false claims.  And these lies still ALWAYS end up in the news.

So we don't want to give them more lies to use in the war on guns.  Hey, it sounds like fun at first, but remember, the media is on their side.  They never fact check the claims from the Anti gun groups, so don't be surprised if your funny story ends up in some Anti's public address.  It doesn't matter if it's true or not, the sheeple will believe it, and it will hurt our cause in the end.

Maybe I'm underestimating them and they are not THAT stupid.  Eitherway, it's not the best idea, even if it is damn funny.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 12:58:24 PM EDT
[#34]
I skimmed through and found one particular story that recurred with only a few minor changes.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 1:01:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 1:09:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 1:11:42 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.nickfoote.com/ARFCOM/MigRifle.jpg
I aim to please

Thank you.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 1:15:48 PM EDT
[#38]
The story I posted is one I just submitted.  Yes I know it probably won't help the cause but it's the best damn laugh I've had in awhile
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 1:18:12 PM EDT
[#39]
I think the MiG story is gone, but I did come across this bit of intellectual genius....

Posted by Lawanda (San Pedro,CA):

I have lost over 5 people in my family to gun violence over the last 10 years. I believe my love ones would be here today if the murderers of my loved ones didn't have such easy access to guns.

Is that anything like 6?

I would like to know how do guns get in poor communties when we don't have gun shops or factories in these communties?

Perhaps they are stolen????
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 1:19:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 1:20:47 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I'm writing you to tell you of my son, Elmer. Elmer was 11 when he was taken from us. He was on a hunting trip, hunting rabbits. He was mistakingly shot by a hunter using a 40watt plasma rifle.

He was microwaved on the spot. These new and more lethal  weapons are more dangerous than Mk-17 or the deaded mig-22's..

With the wide spread use of spent nuclear fuel rods...more weapons like this will be made avaiable to street thugs and despots worldwide...

my submission

40watt plasma rifle!  

THATS GREAT!!!

Mig-22 A.R....ahahahaha!  

Great thread!

EDIT:  Common guys...this is truely fake.  

4 years ago i lost my child from unprovoked violence. My 14 year son was gunned down while in school from a fellow classmate with a Russian or chinese made mig-22 assult weapon. I thought 1994 banned these horrible weapons but the classmate purchased it at wal-mart for 120.00 and got a FREE box of flak-jak brand rimfire primed class 3 armor peircing .22 caliber rounds!!!! Thank you for hearing my story. I dearly miss little Dylan. I did not inlcude my phone number becuiase its being changed next week and i do not knoew my new one yet

"I would show you a pic of him but they were taken by the murderer too!"

SHEESH!

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 1:21:05 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 1:23:53 PM EDT
[#43]
*sigh*
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 1:25:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Posted by Mary Neptune (Edinburg,TX):

I have heard so much about gun control, and have become so confused with all of the arguments. I know guns kill people, and should not be owned by some people, but then I read stories like the one below, and it also makes sense to me. I just do not know what is the right way to go, and hoped you could help me.

From Ed Chenel, A police officer in Australia, 09-30-2003

GUNS IN AUSTRALIA

Hi Yanks, I thought you all would like to see the real figures from Down Under. It has now been 12 months since gun owners in Australia were forced by a new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by our own government, a program costing Australia taxpayers more than $500 million dollars.

The first year results are now in:

Australia-wide, homicides are up 3.2 percent,

Australia-wide, assaults are up 8.6 percent;

Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent)! In the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up 300 percent.

(Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the criminals did not, and criminals still possess their guns!)

While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease in armed robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward in the past 12 months, since the criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is unarmed.

There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and assaults of the elderly.

Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety has decreased, after such monumental effort and expense was expended in "successfully ridding Australian society of guns." You won't see this on the American evening news or hear your governor or members of the state Assembly disseminating this information.

The Australian experience proves it. Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws affect only the law-abiding citizens. Take note Americans, before it's too late!

Now by what this police officer says, it looks to me like taking the guns away from the law abiding people is more dangerous than having guns.

Please help me figure this out.

Mary

Atleast some people have a clue on their
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 1:46:14 PM EDT
[#45]

Posted by Bill (Kennesaw,GA):

I think this a very good cause, we must stop this needless killing with guns.

The type of Government for which we are striving will never come to pass untill the masses no longer have access to guns.

I have made a commitment to do what I can to show the world that we are apposed to guns in the hands of the people Therefore I will supply anyone who will stand up with me and post a sign at their front door that proclaims "THIS IS A GUN FREE HOME" e-mail me for a free sign [email protected]

Thanks, Bill

Now, which one of you will admit to being Bill in Kennesaw... This has to be one of us. It was about 5 or 6 pages in at the top.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 2:43:37 PM EDT
[#46]

Posted by Susan (Minneapolis,MN):
As the mother of a police officer I am so angry that my State of MN voted for "Conceal & Carry" that gives a gun more rights than the citizens of this once great State. I have a large pink sign in my yard stating "No Guns On Premises". I would like to suggest that Rep.Lynda Boudreau (MN) be put in the Timeout chair for "authoring" the MN bill. We really know it was the NRA that paid for her and for US Sen. Norm Coleman. I have writers cramp from all of my letters.Keep protesting!

OK, which one of you did that one?  

"no guns here, please, come kill/rob/rape me!"

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 3:34:03 PM EDT
[#47]
TylerSchreck just sent in his story....
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:46:22 PM EDT
[#48]
BTT

S.O.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:32:44 PM EDT
[#49]
I know my won't get posted, but here it is:

Here's why I march!  My son Trevor was gunned down like a dog while sitting on a toilet by an undocumented worker who obtained a stolen handgun from an off-duty police officer.  He was a beautiful son who died at the young age of 16.  He had so much life left.  I was told by the police this murderer was here illegally and had purchased a home that was in escrow.  This madman was buying a home and killed my boy because he snuck in and tried to use the bathroom!!  The worst part is he did abscond with 22 dollars in cash he took from my boy's wallet and used it to buy booze.  The police later tried to tell me they were a homosexual couple who had a lovers quarrel!!  I just don't think they care to find the killer!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top