Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/25/2004 9:08:38 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:11:23 AM EDT
[#1]
IMO..their food has slipped alot since I started going to them...the Steaks are ok..the Prime Rib is good...the Blooming Onion is still good...

IF you have one in your area...goto Longhorn Steak house..heads and shoulders above Outback...
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:11:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Cheese fries

onion ring thing is loved by most

salmon is good

salads are good
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:12:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Worst damn menu I've seen in a long while.  Walked out of one a while back because there wasn't a thing on the menu that sparked my appetite.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:13:30 AM EDT
[#4]
The Coconut shrimp is good.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:13:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:13:58 AM EDT
[#6]

I call it  "I have to run and shit" outback after eating there
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:14:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:15:25 AM EDT
[#8]
If you went to Hooters instead, you wouldn't be asking this question.  Wings or breasts?
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:15:43 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
What, on the menu, is good?

Alice Springs Chicken!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:15:59 AM EDT
[#10]
I always have the rack of lamb, it's BA BA BADD to to the bone!

Mike
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:16:15 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Wow, more than a couple of poor reviews.  Maybe I'll go to Wendy's instead.

now there is a good place to eat!

Have the Chicken Sandwich
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:16:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Lame restaurant. Should spend less money on their ads and more on hiring someone who can cook.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:17:51 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Worst damn menu I've seen in a long while.  Walked out of one a while back because there wasn't a thing on the menu that sparked my appetite.

On top of that, its kinda spendy.

Yeah, that was another reason I walked out.

It's a typical chain restaurant that charges more than anyone else.

Only time I eat there is if I'm the company tab.  The rack of lamb is good.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:19:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:19:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Steak
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:21:15 AM EDT
[#16]
I get the outback special and the bloomin onion every time. It's more than a human can eat
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:22:15 AM EDT
[#17]
one more un-fan here.  They should not be allowed to call what they serve "steak".
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:23:43 AM EDT
[#18]
The last time we were there, we got the kiddos a kids steak meal to split...well done, you know the e-coli thing

1st meal that came looked like they hit with a flamethower and then napalmed it..

2nd meal that came out looked like they stuck it in a blacksmith's furnace....

3rd time...we said forget it....the kids had eaten so much of my steak that they were full...not one apology from the server....

that will be the last trip there for us...
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:10:11 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Lame restaurant. Should spend less money on their ads and more on hiring someone who can cook.

+1.

I also don't care for the 45 minute wait on the porch for an open table. The sight of all the people waiting to be seated is deceiving; it makes you think there is something in the resturaunt that justifies the long wait. There isn't. The food is average at best, and their steaks have more fat than Rosie O'donnel.

Texas Roadhouse or O'Charley's is much better.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:18:41 AM EDT
[#20]
The Outback where I live in Ft. Myers, is the highest grossing Outback in the country. They have awesome cooks and awesome service. The Outback special rules!!!!  What a great peice of meat.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:33:08 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
The Outback where I live in Ft. Myers, is the highest grossing Outback in the country. They have awesome cooks and awesome service. The Outback special rules!!!!  What a great peice of meat.

Now we're talking!

These other guys don't know what they are talking about.

The Outback Special steak is one of the best you can buy. I love 'em.  It's my favorite meal.

But then I'm a Texan and I love dead cow flesh.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:37:40 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Lame restaurant. Should spend less money on their ads and more on hiring someone who can  to cook.

Fixed it for you.  Their steaks are precooked somewhere other than the restaurant.  At the actual restuarant all they do is heat them up.  I found this out when they were having 2 for 1 beers.  I ordered a medium rare and was told they were out but had rare, medium well, and well.  The Outback is great  for people who bbq using gas grills.  Gas grills are for commies.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:39:12 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Right you are Sir!!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:39:49 AM EDT
[#24]
A few years back I went with some buddies to a Philippino restaurant in Northern VA.  Great food, cheap, great service by a little hottie waitress.  Next door was an Outback Steakhouse with a line out the door the whole time we were there.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:40:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Wanna try something GREAT?? When at Outback ask for the Prime Rib OUTBACK STYLE. They take the cut of Prime Rib and add their spices to it and sear it for a few seconds on the grill. Add creamy horseradish and Au Jus and you are ready to go.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:52:22 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

One would hope that you like dead cow flesh that actually tastes good.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:54:20 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Never met a dead cow I didn't like.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:56:16 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Never met a dead cow I didn't like.

Yikes, I sure have.  More than one of them at Outback.

Personally I haven't met anyone yet that can make a steak that I like more than one I prepare myself.  The closest I ever had was a Fillet Mignon at a wedding reception at a high-class country club outside of NYC.  It was simply amazing.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 12:01:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Many local ordinances now block 'rare' meat from being sold. Other places, it is the owner of the restaraunt afraid of being sued.

I've never encountered this at any of the Outbacks that I've visited save one, at that one they wouldn't serve a rare or medium-rare steak, only medium or further along. That was not their choice, it was the town. I wasn't happy as I prefer rare or medium-rare.

I like the Victoria's Filet (Mignon). Good cut of meat, and their seasoning combination suits it well.

The blooming onion is a greasy, delicious mess of an appetizer like any other fried food. Making me hungry already.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 1:19:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Theres an outback steakhouse here.  Bloody good feed.

Its too cheesy though.  The "Australia" it portrays is so sterotypical and touristy.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 1:20:42 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Many local ordinances now block 'rare' meat from being sold. Other places, it is the owner of the restaraunt afraid of being sued.

I've never encountered this at any of the Outbacks that I've visited save one, at that one they wouldn't serve a rare or medium-rare steak, only medium or further along. That was not their choice, it was the town. I wasn't happy as I prefer rare or medium-rare.

I like the Victoria's Filet (Mignon). Good cut of meat, and their seasoning combination suits it well.

The blooming onion is a greasy, delicious mess of an appetizer like any other fried food. Making me hungry already.

I never have a problem getting rare steaks here, I got Med Rare myself.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 5:40:02 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Their steaks are precooked somewhere other than the restaurant.  At the actual restuarant all they do is heat them up.  I ordered a medium rare and was told they were out but had rare, medium well, and well.  The Outback is great  for people who bbq using gas grills.  Gas grills are for commies.

You gotta be shittin' me.  Are you serious?  He wasn't making a joke, was he?

BTW, gas grills may not have quite the flavor of charcoal ones, but they are so much cleaner and easier to use that it's totally worth it.  If I want a super-special steak, I cook it in the kitchen anyway.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:02:03 AM EDT
[#33]
I have had their steaks twice, both times they were horrible. Overrated and overpriced IMO.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:03:27 AM EDT
[#34]
their Cheese Fries are the best appetizer on God's green earth.  i would also recommend the Queensland Chicken and Shrimp Pasta.  Tasty!
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:07:33 AM EDT
[#35]
There NY Strip is always good when I get it. They always get it rare, never overcooked which always seems to happen at most other resturants. Pre-cooked or not its still good.

Now Texas Steakhouse's Steaks.....
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:08:51 AM EDT
[#36]
Outback special..good steak for the price. I usually get it med rare with vegtables
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:15:47 AM EDT
[#37]
1) Victorias Filet

2) Alice Spring Chicken

Now I have to go there tonight.

Like 223Devil said, it's good steak for the price. You could get better steak from an independently owned steakhouse, but you'll also pay more. I like Outback alot, never had a problem with them, other than the wait sometimes.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:20:59 AM EDT
[#38]
I'm getting hungry I'm going there for lunch as well
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:21:56 AM EDT
[#39]
try the rack of lamb and the bloomin onion tell em "Nick Dundee" sent ya , good day mate!
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:24:36 AM EDT
[#40]
my DEFINATE  favorite meal of all time is actually from there...sweet tea (no lemon) a tonion  (or whatever they call it there) salad with ranch dressing and chicken tenders (no too expensive, but SO good.) hope i helped!!
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:33:40 AM EDT
[#41]
I go to Outback whenever I am come across one.  When I was in Afghanistan in 2002, Outback donated steaks, bluming onions, cheese cake and the all the fixings and sent an entire staff from a restaurant near DC to come and cook and serve it to us.  Imagine if you will a mess hall that serves 5000 troops with civy cooks who just got off a C17 and are experiencing culture shock.  The watresses brought us drinks (non alcoholic) and the manager came around and chatted with everyone.  I had an incredible meal and remember it fondly.  Every single person from Outback who came over made it their personal mission to thank us all for being there in Afghanistan and did everything they could to give us a break.  They will always have my loyality.  

Unfortunately they don't have one near my post, but if given a choice I always go to Outback....

Jeff
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:04:19 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
IMO..their food has slipped alot since I started going to them...the Steaks are ok..the Prime Rib is good...the Blooming Onion is still good...

IF you have one in your area...goto Longhorn Steak house..heads and shoulders above Outback...

Yes Down hill over the past 3 yrs. or so.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:20:39 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Lame restaurant. Should spend less money on their ads and more on hiring someone who can  to cook.

Fixed it for you.  Their steaks are precooked somewhere other than the restaurant.  At the actual restuarant all they do is heat them up.  I found this out when they were having 2 for 1 beers.  I ordered a medium rare and was told they were out but had rare, medium well, and well.  The Outback is great  for people who bbq using gas grills.  Gas grills are for commies.

Close, but no cigar.

They have precut steaks of different thickness. The thickest ones are rare, and they use thinner ones depending on how well you'd like them done.

I'm not sure why the cook in that case couldn't have used a slightly less thick steak and cooked it less, however.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:24:09 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I go to Outback whenever I am come across one.  When I was in Afghanistan in 2002, Outback donated steaks, bluming onions, cheese cake and the all the fixings and sent an entire staff from a restaurant near DC to come and cook and serve it to us.  Imagine if you will a mess hall that serves 5000 troops with civy cooks who just got off a C17 and are experiencing culture shock.  The watresses brought us drinks (non alcoholic) and the manager came around and chatted with everyone.  I had an incredible meal and remember it fondly.  Every single person from Outback who came over made it their personal mission to thank us all for being there in Afghanistan and did everything they could to give us a break.  They will always have my loyality.  

Unfortunately they don't have one near my post, but if given a choice I always go to Outback....

Jeff

They also set up a tent and served food at ground zero after Sept 11.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:37:51 AM EDT
[#45]
Cake and Cock. But usually they are out of cake.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:48:56 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:50:15 AM EDT
[#47]
I'm kinda like norman74 in that I've only had ONE steak that I did not cook myself that I thought was better than I can do. Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, $35 porterhouse. Inch and a half thick, aged to perfection.

Everytime I've tried to go to the Outback here there's a 20-30 minute wait.

I DON'T WAIT THAT LONG TO EAT ANYWHERE.

So, maybe their food IS good, but I ain't gonna be knocking anybody aside to eat there when I can grill up a great steak myself for $10-$12 or less.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:52:57 AM EDT
[#48]
I might be wrong, but I believe the Outback near me only serves dinner.  It opens at 4:00 PM.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:07:15 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:13:59 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You, sir, are quite mistaken.  Perhaps you are confusing steak with prime rib(which happens more often than you'd think!).  Prime rib is the only precooked meat at Outback Steakhouse.  The kitchen manager is tasked to make sure that he loads the prime rib in the morning in such a way that there will be all temperatures (R-MR-M-MW-W) throughout the shift.  Sometimes the amount and temperatures that are ordered are atypical and the kitchen may run out of a specific temperature as the night progresses, and the rare temperatures are usually the first to be "86'd".  

I can assure you all that STEAKS ARE NOT PRECOOKED AT OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE!!!!  

BTW, I've worked in over a dozen restaurants as a cook and manager and Outback has by far the best quality product out there for a corporate chain restaurant.  Just about everything is made in house, all the dressings, all the sauces, the side dishes, even the frickin' chips (french fries).  The amount of time and craftmanship put into the salad croutons is mind-boggling.  
Out of all the hundreds of Outbacks in the US, there are going to be some where management drops the ball and allows substandard plates reach the dining table, but they are few and far between.

82d, to answer your question, the Outback Rack (lamb) is good.  The cabernet sauce it comes with is worth the price of admission.  It's one of the few sauces I've copied and used at home without altering for my own use (it makes venison taste even better than normal!).  A newer item is the Cyclone Chicken which is pretty daing good and if you like pasta, the Toowoomba Pasta (crawfish, shrimp, mushrooms) is quite yummy as well.
As far as steaks, the ouback special is the best value out there for sirloin.  If your Outback has the Prime Menu, nothing beats a prime tenderloin or strip.  The combination of Outback seasoning and the cuts used make any steak on the menu a winner.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top