Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/25/2004 7:08:08 AM EDT
I'm coming up there in about a week. I really don't want to go home without an ample supply of Alaskan beer. So where is the best place to find a good varity of the stuff & at the best prices?

I'm hoping to bring home way more than I have a right to.

Oh, & is the smoked Porter availible all year? or do they run out pretty quick?

Raven, or any others from Anchorage, Homer, & Seward, anything you need from the lower 48? I won't be bringing much, so I could be a mule for you, if you want something from us down this away.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 8:57:16 AM EDT
[#1]
BTT
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:04:51 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
BTT

Maybe some of the Alasakan's are present now.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:13:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Flying thru Seattle???

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:26:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Beer?  What is this beer stuff you speak of?

For a bulk buy, the best place to buy would be the Brown Jug Warehouse in midtown Anchorage.

Here's the mapquest.com location, about 2.5 miles from the airport, 907-563-3008

www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&countryid=US&addtohistory=&searchtab=address&searchtype=address&address=4140+old+seward+hwy&city=Anchorage&state=AK&zipcode=&search=++Search++

Alaskan Smoked Porter is a seasonal beer that's only around for the holidays. That's when the microbreweries ship their heavy, dark, and strong ales.

You seem to like beer.  Check out these Anchorage beer-related breweries and brewpubs:

Midnight Sun Brewing Company  A good local microbrewery with tours.  They also sell it out of their brewery, and you can pick it up in local stores.

The Moose's Tooth  This is one of the best restaurants in town, and is extremely crowded and popular.  Excellent pizza and beer they brew themselves.  Good place for lunch when they sell pizza by the slice, and it isn't too crowded. There's also the Bear Tooth theatre pub in Spenard, where you can eat, drink, and watch second-run movies.  Pretty sweet.

Humpy's Great place downtown for casual dining and beer.  Something like 60 beers on tap, with refrigerated tap lines, so every pull is ice cold. Live music every night, you always run into people you know here. Love this place.

Glacier Brewhouse  Kind of like Humpy's, but more upscale and very touristy in the summer.  But very good food.

The Snow Goose Kind of like a cross between Glacier Brewhouse and Humpy's, but not as popular or good as either. Unremarkable food, decent beer. Live music every now and then.

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:36:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I just thought of something:

In all liklihood, Alaskan Amber will cost the same or less in Seattle that it does in Anchorage (or Juneau, where it is made) but shipping from Seattle will certainly be cheaper.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:46:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I get on a plane in Austin, fly to Houston, & then onto Anchorage with no other stops. So I won't be swing by Seattle. Maybe I could get my kid sister to ship me some from Seattle tho. That hasn't worked to great yet, so far.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top