Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/25/2004 5:52:36 AM EDT
Better not deviate from the concept, lest ye be branded something other than one of the 'good guys' aka. caucasian, Republican, Christian hetero.

All others are evil -- even if they believe in the 2nd Amendment with all they are and have as a person.

Herd mentality.

No wonder people hate my demographic.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:53:48 AM EDT
[#1]
i'm not a christian.  am white though.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:55:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't think so
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:56:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Nor am I...far from it...there is no god...

However, if you say that there is no god, most that believe in it will shun you faster than a liberal will....

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:56:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:56:19 AM EDT
[#5]
I dunno, lets ask CavVet....
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:57:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Is there a point to this?
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:57:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Well, while I certainly don't fit into that mold (being a 250 pound Jewish Eskimo lesbian) - but there's definitely a visceral "T-shirt" antagonism predominant amongst quite a few here.

This thread getting locked will prove me right on that.

I know that on DU - owning a gun means you're a blatant racist by many of their hoi polloi.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:57:38 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I dunno, lets ask CavVet....

Yeah... let's ask him about the boys club on here. I've talked to him on the phone enough. Let's ask him.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:57:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Only on the top of the sheet....

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:58:39 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Well, while I certainly don't fit into that mold (being a 250 pound Jewish Eskimo lesbian) - but there's definitely a visceral "T-shirt" antagonism predominant amongst quite a few here.  

Yep... let's see how long it takes.

I'll be accused of trolling for simply bringing it up.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:59:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:00:00 AM EDT
[#12]
You pretty well nailed me.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:00:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Christian,
Caucasian,
Hetrosexual,
Pro-gun,
Conservitive,
Any questions?

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:02:01 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Christian,
Caucasian,
Hetrosexual,
Pro-gun,
Conservitive,
Any questions?

Now, where is that t-shirt antagonism I was talking about?
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:02:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Not that there's necessarily anything WRONG with the demographic, except that it is like... you have to be in synch with this in entirity to be a PURE 2nd Amendment advocate/gun owner. Otherwise, there's obviously something wrong with you and you will either be forced into silent complicity, or be shredded for voicing the slightest dissention with the mass.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:02:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:03:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:04:12 AM EDT
[#18]
I dunno ETH. I never visit Goth sites.

Dunno if I agree with you on the hate part.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:05:19 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

If by "my demographic" you mean someone who presses the "submit" button 7 times a day, EVERY day, for 3 years and yet has nothing worthwhile to say...................I plead guilty as charged.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:06:29 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Better not deviate from the concept, lest ye be branded something other than one of the 'good guys' aka. caucasian, Republican, Christian hetero. Uh, yup. Check! (I'm also married w/kids.  Do I get extra black marks for that?)

All others are evil Uh, nope! -- even if they believe in the 2nd Amendment with all they are and have as a person.

Herd mentality. Uh, nope!

No wonder people hate my demographic.   Only if you're in the demographic which paints others with labels and generlizes their behavior. "Pot - meet kettle".

You get the silly post of the day nomination.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:09:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Oh I don't know that it's silly. I am white, hetero, sort-of Republican more libertarian leaning, and agnostic. This creates quite a great deal of conflict when voicing anything more than I'D HIT IT or +1 on here.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:12:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:13:56 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

That would be the Professional Troll demographic?
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:14:12 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:14:47 AM EDT
[#25]
I am. (except that I am also a RINO Libertarian and not Xtian)

I dunno what T-Shirt antagonism is. Maybe it's the mentality of someone who would wear FUCK OFF on a t-shirt to get a rise out of someone.

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:15:20 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
let's see...i'm a white devil...i was raised in the judeo-christian ethic...and i'm married to a female of the species.

yup...i fit the stereotype.

ben, 'why' would i 'hate' your demographic?

shotar is part jewish. cav vet is black. stoner student is homosexual. i don't hate them and i certainly do not hate you.

you've lost me on this one, ben.

It's the Republican Christian part.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:15:41 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Not that there's necessarily anything WRONG with the demographic, except that it is like... you have to be in synch with this in entirity to be a PURE 2nd Amendment advocate/gun owner. Otherwise, there's obviously something wrong with you and you will either be forced into silent complicity, or be shredded for voicing the slightest dissention with the mass.

There are some posters who believe that unless you fit their very narrow band of what defines an 'American Patriot', you are some type of traitor.  Within every big religious thread, someone always pipes up about 'I'm suprised and disappointed about how many non-christians there are here".   Weird stuff, because my voting record is probably more aligned with theirs than their 'fine christian' neighbor.

The reality is that too many are not prepared to do battle (in terms of debate) and rely on a homogenous audience for cheerleading.  These people won't last long around here.

I'm a hetero white mail who happens to be a firearms enthusiast.  My politics may or may not be like yours, and I bet my religion isn't.  But, who cares?
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:16:23 AM EDT
[#28]
BenDover pretty much hates White, Republican, Christian, Hetero's?

One would think so given all the derogetory postings he has made.  

Really Ben, sorry I exist.  Sorry for my pie preference, and sorry about that whole skin color thing.  I would also apologize for my religion and my political affiliation, but I take full responsibility for those.  I really don't give two toenails about your choices, and from the looks of it, neither do 98% of those here.  I am only held responsible for my own beliefs and actions.

If you dig guns, you are welcome here, but if you stir the pot, you will find people starting to get angry with you.  You probably get off on that.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:16:31 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

So, basically you're pulling a Kerry and whining like a little girl because everyone doesn't agree with your self-admitted trolling?
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:18:39 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There are some posters who believe that unless you fit their very narrow band of what defines an 'American Patriot', you are some type of traitor.  Within every big religious thread, someone always pipes up about 'I'm suprised and disappointed about how many non-christians there are here".   Weird stuff, because my voting record is probably more aligned with theirs than their 'fine christian' neighbor.

The reality is that too many are not prepared to do battle (in terms of debate) and rely on a homogenous audience for cheerleading.  These people won't last long around here.

I'm a hetero white mail who happens to be a firearms enthusiast.  My politics may or may not be like yours, and I bet my religion isn't.  But, who cares?

I can dig it. We have a winner.

This topic was my own thoughts in response to the What's the Best World Religion thread. I clicked on it and read.... What's the best religion in the whole wide world, and don't you dare say anything other than Christian.

There's been more and more of that.

I like the cheerleading concept. Sort of what I've been trying to say for a while.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:18:50 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:19:57 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Christian, Check.
Caucasian, With Native American Ancestry
Hetrosexual, Although some say only Lesbians like women!
Pro-gun, Dictators prefer unarmed subjects.
Conservative, As in I am responsible for my actions.
Any questions? None from me as it sounds good!

BigDozer66

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:20:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:20:28 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Same.  I don't like most of the Christians I meet, because they have an annoying pacifism borne of "God will protect me."
I just enjoy the fact that the Christians on this site are from a different stock.

Few things tick me off worse then "those" types of christians.  I'll take the rest of your statement as a compliment!  
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:22:53 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:23:27 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
If you visit a Goth Site, or a Dragons and Dungeons site, I would imagine that there would NOT be a majority of White Christian HeteroRepublicans there.

Can you reccomend a few?

The few other sites I peruse usually have something to do with cars and motorcycles - a lot of gun owners there I'll tell ya - but it can be said that they fit the demo that BD is talking about as well.  I can say that they are much more open to dissenting political views (except when it comes to certain cars or motorcycles).
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:24:09 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:27:21 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:29:27 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
let's see...i'm a white devil...i was raised in the judeo-christian ethic...and i'm married to a female of the species.

yup...i fit the stereotype.

ben, 'why' would i 'hate' your demographic?

shotar is part jewish. cav vet is black. stoner student is homosexual. i don't hate them and i certainly do not hate you.

you've lost me on this one, ben.

It's the Republican Christian part.

Now you are fudging, BenDover!

You made a complete statement, now you are leaving out part of it to make your point?

Bad form!

Eric The(Conscientious)Hun

Okay, so maybe I was being a little melodramatic to make the point. I will concede to that.

But, while it's a generalization and doesn't apply to any one person in particular (say... CAMPYBOB... my old hippy friend from way back in the glam 80s music era),  there can be a generalization drawn overall with regard to prevailing attitude.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:34:03 AM EDT
[#40]
Hispanic,agnostic,libertarian(who also votes Republican) gun owner here. Oh yeah, I favor Laissez Faire Capitalism.

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:37:36 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep... let's see how long it takes.

I'll be accused of trolling for simply bringing it up.

And on page 3, you'll admit to it.

I'll do my part to get to page 3.  Can hardly wait.

Maybe that demographic is perceived as the "power", as in "fight the power".  I'm sure all groups in power are seen in a negative light by those a step down.  Just another version of the haves/havenots.  Human nature.

I also think that kids that got their identity from rebellion continue to rebel......sometimes without a cause.

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:37:36 AM EDT
[#42]

BenDover wrote:

(H)as gun ownership become synonymous with White Christian HeteroRepublican on this site?

White:  Check.  I sunburn BAD.

Hetero:  I'm a lesbian trapped in a man's body, baby.

Christian:  Nope.  I'm a-theist - (I don't believe a god exists, but I accept that I cannot prove it.  And vice-versa.  I have faith that there's not one.)

Republican:  I'm actually registered as a Democrat, though my personal political philosophy leans to small "L" libertarian.  I'm probably what would be defined as a classical liberal, as opposed to the fucking Leftist who have corrupted the term.  The Republicans are, compared to the Democrats, "Statists-lite."  But I'm also a political pragmatist.  Either the Democrats or the Republicans are going to be a majority.  Either a Democrat or a Republican will sit in the White House.  I tend to choose the option of a wedgie vs. castration and vote (R) more often than not.

I wish the Libertarian party could run actually electable candidates, but that seems to be an oxymoron - "Electable Libertarians."
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:38:36 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I don't think so

same.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:39:29 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:43:19 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:51:30 AM EDT
[#46]
I have to disagree, BenDover. Although, I happen to fit the stereotype you paint (to a degree), I have never really run into THAT degree of animosity on this board.

I think the agnostic/atheist people on this board are certainly in the minority. And given the general unbending conviction of most 2nd amendment types, the atheist/agnostic is likely to get a few "burn in hell" or "you're so screwed up" comments from the less settled professors of Christian thought.

As a Catholic, I've certainly felt that heat in Catholic vs. fundamentalist type threads. I've never been able to rectify the stated position of the scattered few who spout, "I'm a REAL Christian, so f*ck the pope." That's just stupidity or ignorance. And incongruous statements like that give me ample grounds to declare the poster an idiot.  

But, again, I've never felt the utter vitreol that you seem to think exists on this board.

Frankly, if there weren't a few points of disagreement on Ar15.com, it would be pretty damn boring.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:53:11 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

ing.

That's all.

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:53:54 AM EDT
[#48]
Well... I can accept that. I suppose that this whole topic came about by my questioning (again) the accepted dogma of AR15.com members, and wondering where the line is between someone being considered a patriot/2nd amendment advocate gun owner and something close-to, but not quite what I agree with in philosophic principle.

I agree with the sentiment that if you believe in private ownership of firearms, you're one of the good guys (as it pertains to one of my biggest interests). But, there just seems to be so many people who have the idea that all the other ideology must also come along with it to be genuine.

And no, this isn't trolling. It's a legitimate question that ran through my mind this morning.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:04:12 AM EDT
[#49]

Christian,  Check, with some differences
Caucasian, check
Hetrosexual, Check
Pro-gun,  Check
Conservitive, check, with libertarian leanings

Caucasion by birth, christian/heterosexual/pro-gun/conservative by the grace of God.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:22:32 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Better not deviate from the concept, lest ye be branded something other than one of the 'good guys' aka. caucasian, Republican, Christian hetero.

All others are evil -- even if they believe in the 2nd Amendment with all they are and have as a person.

Herd mentality.

White isn't an issue, except that some of the border guys have irrational fantasies about building a wall to keep the mexicans out, and for the 'nuke mecca' crowd who can't see where the real problem is (it's not a religeon we're fighting)...

Christian will be a point for debate -> this site is above all a debating society, and those who are and aren't will go back & forth over this one till the end comes... It's allways been that way even before the 'net...

Republican is the one where your statement is accurate, but that's the reality of the US political system. We have a fixed 2-party system, which will self correct & either dissolve or re-absob one party if more than 2 are ever viable. The GOP is the only viable party that is on the 'right' side of the firearms issue, so most of us consider voting for anyone else a waste at best

Hetero? Well, considering that over 60% nationally are opposed to gay marriage, and a good portion do believe that homosexuality is abberant/deviant behavior, expect to see iit here, too...

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top