Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/24/2004 7:09:09 PM EDT
It has got to be anchored with the Gospel of Christ, Doesn't it??

Specific answers only.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:10:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine, of course.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:11:38 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Mine, of course.

+1
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:13:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Best?

There is only one.

Jesus Christ as Lord.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:15:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:15:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:17:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Im not the expert, but im pretty sure whatever it is, it doesnt incorporate slaughtering innocent civilians on a crisp cool fall morning....something tells me that God wouldnt crash a plane into a building....but as I said, Im not the expert.

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:19:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Best?

There is only one.

Jesus Christ as Lord.

Well, now, there are many, many, many religions. The ones I can name off the top of my head are Christianity (including Catholicism), Judaism, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Shintoism, Atheism, Zoroastrianism, ancient Egyptian, ancient Roman, ancient Greek, Deism, Gnosticism, Agnosticism, Aztec, Maya, Inca, Animism, and Apathetism. You may believe that there is one true religion. Most people do. But there are hundreds, if not thousands, of religions, and thousands more if you include sects.

I, personally, am an Apathetic non-deist Agnostic, meaning I don't really believe in a god or no god, and that I don't believe it is possible to know one way or the other, and I don't really care.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:23:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Christian nations have produced the highest good for mankind, and achieved the greatest heights of human development, without any serious debate.

It therefore follows that Christianity has fostered the best results for mankind across the board.

Eric The(Fundamental)Hun

You are forgetting the origin of Algebra, zero and astronomy
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:24:29 PM EDT
[#9]
This question will never be answered correctly on this Forum.

There are at least four Christians (counting me) that have answered so far.

At least three of us are going to Hell according to someone, also a Christian. My religion does not allow much leway for error in how you interperet things. Neither does that guy's. Or that other guy's, standing over there. All Christians, striving to satisfy different requirements.

Eric makes a good point, probably others too, while I am typing, but...

Edit;

I was adressing Denomination rather than Religion. My Bad.

We're Number One! We're Number One!

Carry on.

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:25:37 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
What is the best Religion, world wide

Any religion that an individual chooses. Thats the BEST kind.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:25:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Mine, of course.

+1

+2 And please send your donations to............
ME!  

AB
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:26:50 PM EDT
[#12]
BLACK RIFLE RELIGION
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:29:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:31:29 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Best?

There is only one.

Jesus Christ as Lord.

Sent by God to die for our sins.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:16:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Best Religion?  Christianity

Best Denomination?  The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:17:39 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Here we go
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:19:56 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here we go

No...there we went.

<------diasagreeing, then bowing out of this one. No good ever comes of it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:22:41 PM EDT
[#18]
What a stupid question this is...

SGatr15
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:24:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Coming from the resident atheist, and to address the topic directly, I'll cast my vote for my personal favorite.

BUDDHISM
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:25:06 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

SGatr15

Sarge, what are your thoughts on the supremacy of Moromism over Catholicism?
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:29:36 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Christian nations have produced the highest good for mankind, and achieved the greatest heights of human development, without any serious debate.

It therefore follows that Christianity has fostered the best results for mankind across the board.

Eric The(Fundamental)Hun

You are forgetting the origin of Algebra, zero and astronomy

It would be a grievous disservice to my Western education to forget the only three positive things that have come from the Arabic World!

But I would say that Astronomy was more Chinese in development than Arabic.

I would have included the Rubiyat of Omar Khyam but he was Persian, not Arabic!

Eric The(Western)Hun

I know that astronomy was Chinese, and last I checked, they werent Christian (get your people over their, its a developing market)

Seriously though, until the fundamentalists grabbed hold in A.C.E. 1200 or so, Islam WAS a religion of peace and learning.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:30:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Depends on how you define "best" ....

one that will allow you to do what you want when you want with no accountability?

one that sounds the coolest? (related to above)

etc..  etc ........

There is only ONE that involves "Truth" .... Christianity ... practiced as Jesus would have us practice it....  not how some denominations have gotten it all distorted these days ...  
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:32:09 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

SGatr15

I think its a safe bet he sides with the Catholics
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:32:43 PM EDT
[#24]
shhhhhh
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:41:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:43:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:44:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Roman Catholic.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:45:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:49:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:52:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Gott be Amish or Buhddists. Never hear about them killing anybody.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:55:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:59:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Any religion if followed with an honest and kind heart can be the best. Most religions have a basic teaching of what is right and what is wrong. I believe if this is taught and believed by the religion's followers it is good for all of mankind.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:02:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Catholic

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:04:33 PM EDT
[#34]
I remain leery of Catholicism until I see that not all Catholics are like my ex, and her crazy mother...and the clergy. I guess I just meet all the bad ones...

John

Edit: *Dons Kevlar...forgoes the spectra*...this is gonna get tosty.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:06:15 PM EDT
[#35]
The Church of John. Although, I'm currently the only member...
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:09:00 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

SGatr15

Interesting thought.  Here's how I look at it (just my opinion):

Only two Christian religions have a leg to stand on.
1.  Either the line of authority has been maintained from Peter (ordained by Christ, of course) all the way to the Pope of present day, as the Catholics profess, or...
2.  There was an "apostasy", meaning the general loss of the gospel from the earth and a break in the line of apostolic authority from Peter.  In this case a restoration of the gospel would be needed and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (Mormon Church) would be the true Church of Christ on earth, since the Mormons believe that Christ restored his Church due to an apostasy.

Evangelical churches are essentially break-offs from the Catholic Church.  If it still has apostolic authority as it professes, then the Evangelical churches are essentially apostates and lost.  If the Catholic Church doesn't have apostolic authority and is in a state of apostasy, then the Evangelical churches are simply break-offs from an apostate denomination, and therefore apostate anyway.

So in the end, I see it as either the Catholics or the Mormons.  Either the authority never left the earth, or there was a need for a restoration.  Some of you may see this as oversimplistic (you are certainly entitled to your opinion), but I find it supremely logical.

I for one believe that there was a general apostasy of the Church from the earth (explaining much about the current state of religious confusion).  Hence, I'll side with the Mormons.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:11:34 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm gunna have to go with my R.O.C. - Roman Catholicism.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:12:02 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

SGatr15

Interesting thought.  Here's how I look at it (just my opinion):

Only two Christian religions have a leg to stand on.
1.  Either the line of authority has been maintained from Peter (ordained by Christ, of course) all the way to the Pope of present day, as the Catholics profess, or...
2.  There was an "apostasy", meaning the general loss of the gospel from the earth and a break in the line of apostolic authority from Peter.  In this case a restoration of the gospel would be needed and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (Mormon Church) would be the true Church of Christ on earth, since the Mormons believe that Christ restored his Church due to an apostasy.

Evangelical churches are essentially break-offs from the Catholic Church.  If it still has apostolic authority as it professes, then the Evangelical churches are essentially apostates and lost.  If the Catholic Church doesn't have apostolic authority and is in a state of apostasy, then the Evangelical churches are simply break-offs from an apostate denomination, and therefore apostate anyway.

So in the end, I see it as either the Catholics or the Mormons.  Either the authority never left the earth, or there was a need for a restoration.  Some of you may see this as oversimplistic (you are certainly entitled to your opinion), but I find it supremely logical.

I for one believe that there was a general apostasy of the Church from the earth (explaining much about the current state of religious confusion).  Hence, I'll side with the Mormons.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^Authentic Frontier Gibberish!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Jesus Christ died for my sins, and yours. No man comes to the Father except through the Son. It is really quite simple as that.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:15:26 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Eric The(Fundamental)Hun

+1
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:36:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Plus you can eat bacon!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:45:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:51:48 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Jesus Christ died for my sins, and yours. No man comes to the Father except through the Son. It is really quite simple as that.

Perhaps, but there's something I'd like you to answer.  Didn't Jesus himself organize a church while he was here on the earth?  Didn't He call apostles and ordain them to direct the Church on the earth (under his guidance, of course)?

If he did then, why wouldn't he have a Church now?  Why the confusion of so many different churches?  Would He have a new church to suit every flavor of every person's preference, or wouldn't he have a true Church to avoid the confusion?  In ancient times, Christ's Apostles had authority to define correct interpretation of the scriptures.  Is there less of a need for correct interpretation now?

So, what about these questions is gibberish?
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:37:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Proud to be a Catholic. HEE-HAW!!!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:50:29 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Perhaps, but there's something I'd like you to answer.  Didn't Jesus himself organize a church while he was here on the earth?  Didn't He call apostles and ordain them to direct the Church on the earth (under his guidance, of course)?

If he did then, why wouldn't he have a Church now?  Why the confusion of so many different churches?  Would He have a new church to suit every flavor of every person's preference, or wouldn't he have a true Church to avoid the confusion?  In ancient times, Christ's Apostles had authority to define correct interpretation of the scriptures.  Is there less of a need for correct interpretation now?

So, what about these questions is gibberish?

I would have to second that.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 12:22:41 AM EDT
[#45]
NONE.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 1:16:32 AM EDT
[#46]
Not that I want to thread-jack or start any sort of flame war because you guys think I'm disagreeing over the answer.

But is there any major world religion that hasn't at some time or another been turned into some politician/king/grand poobah's excuse to grab some land/somebody elses wife/kill lots of people he didn't like the look of?

Are there, or have there ever been Buddhist terrorists for example?

Just a curious Brit.

/PHil
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 1:38:46 AM EDT
[#47]
Didn't know there was a good one?
MT
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:34:36 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Perhaps, but there's something I'd like you to answer.  Didn't Jesus himself organize a church while he was here on the earth?   yes, of courseDidn't He call apostles and ordain them to direct the Church on the earth (under his guidance, of course)? yes, of course

If he did then, why wouldn't he have a Church now? He does Why the confusion of so many different churches?  it's what happens when man gets involved in ANYTHING.Would He have a new church to suit every flavor of every person's preference, or wouldn't he have a true Church to avoid the confusion? He'd allow us the choice. In ancient times, Christ's Apostles had authority to define correct interpretation of the scriptures.  Is there less of a need for correct interpretation now? We haven't had any apostles lately. Period.

So, what about these questions is gibberish? The part where you try to convolute a series of questions to support your position. I'm sorry, but I don't believe mormons are Christians.. .....I hope, for your sake, that I'm wrong........but I believe I'm right.

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:52:09 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:54:21 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top