Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2004 6:33:51 PM EDT
Just bought a yugo sks and want to know if anyone knows of a good link on disassembling it to remove all the gooey crap off it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:42:37 PM EDT
[#1]
www.surplusrifle.com/sks/carbine/index.asp
that sould get you started
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:45:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Good link! (It got me through my first dis/reassemble)

Once you do it you'll be amazed at how bullet proof (no pun intended) the design is.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:45:33 PM EDT
[#3]
All the different countries have pretty much the same assembly instructions.

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:13:13 PM EDT
[#4]
how to take it apart? easy. shoot it til it falls apart. Ya wont have a long wait.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:16:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
how to take it apart? easy. shoot it til it falls apart. Ya wont have a long wait.

Ok, that was either some weird misplaced sarcasim OR you are new to the shooting world and dont have a clue as to how robust these yugo's are.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 2:49:54 PM EDT
[#6]
No I am familiar with it. Every time im at the gun shop there is some holier than thou talking about his sub MOA tack driving sks that he got for bread crumbs out of some magazine. Tough words to cover up the fact that this weapon is a POS
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 2:51:39 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
No I am familiar with it. Every time im at the gun shop there is some holier than thou talking about his sub MOA tack driving sks that he got for bread crumbs out of some magazine. Tough words to cover up the fact that this weapon is a POS

Okay WOlf...what guns do you own again?

The SKS is a better rifle than a Mini30 at 3 times the cost.

You have no clue what you are talking about .

STop posting here until your balls drop okay?

SGtar15
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:31:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Mine has never failed me. I like ARs but I can still see the SKS for what it is. a great fun and inexpensive rifle.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:34:37 PM EDT
[#9]
My cheap Chinese SKS has never had a failure of any kind.  They're kind of crude but they always work.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:36:54 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

bullshit  I bet you could put a easy 100,000 thru a yugo.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:37:46 PM EDT
[#11]
My SKS has never faild me it no Weatherby but it has always gone bang and hit what i was aiming at
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:39:08 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I thought you were kidding and I was just ribbing ya. Now I see you were serious and dont know what to think.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:42:37 PM EDT
[#13]
the sks is no POS it is very reliable, IMHO much more so than the M-16

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:43:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:47:45 PM EDT
[#15]

worked fine even after the well known "gatorade/dirt test"

I couldn't get it too jam at one point there was so much dirt in the chamber/mag area I couldn't get the bolt to shut so I kicked it shut and it worked.

it all started because someone said it was a POS and sks's jam too much.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:42:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Seriously............just get an AK. More reliable by a long shot. better and more easily available ammo, better reputation by far.

But in the long run if you cant hit what you are aiming at at any more than 100 feet then its a mute point anyway.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:46:09 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Seriously............just get an AK. More reliable by a long shot. better and more easily available ammo, better reputation by far.

But in the long run if you cant hit what you are aiming at at any more than 100 feet then its a mute point anyway.

do you get all your info from a "guns for dummies" book?
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:59:41 PM EDT
[#18]
I love my Yugo SKS. It is built much beefier than other SKS's because the Yugoslavian's used much hotter ammo than other countries. Also, they had limited manufactoring facilities, so they had to make their weapons much more durable.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:06:37 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Somebody wanna tell him?
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:21:30 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Somebody wanna tell him?

Yaaa, I guess I'll do the dirty work... Ok, First off, the SKS and AK fire the EXACT same ammo, which is 7.62x39. So the AK's ammo is not "better and more easily available ammo." Now, I've heard that the AK is possible a tiny bit more reliable because the tolerance for the moving parts is a little bit looser than those of a SKS. However, I don't really believe this and I think most people don't either.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:31:41 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

do you get all your info from a "guns for dummies" book?

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:57:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:58:08 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Somebody wanna tell him?

Yaaa, I guess I'll do the dirty work... Ok, First off, the SKS and AK fire the EXACT same ammo, which is 7.62x39. So the AK's ammo is not "better and more easily available ammo." Now, I've heard that the AK is possible a tiny bit more reliable because the tolerance for the moving parts is a little bit looser than those of a SKS. However, I don't really believe this and I think most people don't either.

Not eggs act ly....The AK47 is designed to get more thrusts per squeeze out of it's cop killing hollow point explosive bullets in the banana clip.

And the AK47 is designed to be shot from the hip which gives the bullets even MORE killing power because the earths gravitaional pull causes the cop killing hollow point explosive bullets in the banana clip to "spin" faster.

Really....I read it in a book.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:58:09 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

ROFLMAO, with every post you show just how knowledgeable you are.

When you go to the range do people have to remind you of which way to point the barrel?
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 8:11:57 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ROFLMAO, with every post you show just how knowledgeable you are.

When you go to the range do people have to remind you of which way to point the barrel?

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:59:20 AM EDT
[#26]

Holy shit is this funny .

P.S. did you shoot that SKS while it was in the dirt?
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:03:40 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Damn now I have to do it again!

No but I did shoot it with all that dirt in the chamber, the worst part was I hadn't cleaned it for about a year so after the dirt test I actually had to clean the whole gun.

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:40:40 AM EDT
[#28]
You could always do like i did and sit in the floor with it playing with the different catches and levers until you've got the whole thing apart.  It's amazingly simple.  I figured if a commie peasant can clean one of these suckers, I can figure out how to take it apart and clean it on my own.

A word of advice how ever, make sure the bolt is close when you begin tinkering or you will have several of the larger parts of the gun go shooting across the room...  I swear I don't know from experience  

Edited becauseI also don't know how to spell from experience...
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 11:09:31 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn now I have to do it again!

No but I did shoot it with all that dirt in the chamber, the worst part was I hadn't cleaned it for about a year so after the dirt test I actually had to clean the whole gun.

Ahh . OK It looks like you are holding a pistol on it . I thought maybe you shot it and than picked it up to see if it would still shoot .
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:22:34 PM EDT
[#30]
I really honestly thought they fired different ammo. Still the AK is a better rifle. More and better accessories, high cap mags vs internal mags.

Then again im not very fond of anything russian made. Maybe its all of those idiots at the range blastin away with their sks's that cant hit the broad side of a bard at 10 feet. I just dont like the gun. However it was wrong of me to state this in your thread. I apologize.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top