Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2004 5:43:21 PM EDT
I have looked all over the net looking into how to give up your social security number with no  luck.  Since you guys seem to know everything, I thought maybe I could find the answer here.  So how is it done?  How do I renounce my number and stop paying into the system?
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:44:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Uh, good luck.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:44:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Stop using it.

MT
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:45:39 PM EDT
[#3]
When you're done, look into those loopholes on how to not pay income tax.

Good Luck +1
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:49:20 PM EDT
[#4]
why?
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:52:08 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I have looked all over the net looking into how to give up your social security number with no  luck.  Since you guys seem to know everything, I thought maybe I could find the answer here.  So how is it done?  How do I renounce my number and stop paying into the system?

Become Amish.

Change your name, & don't get an SSN under the new one. You won't be able to work at a "legit" job, but you'll be off the radar.

Get an EIN, work as a contractor, and hope for the best.

Lie about it. You'll still pay in, but it won't be "you" as far as the gov't knows.

Operate exclusively in the underground (cash) economy.

It's easy to drop out. It isn't easy to quit paying. You could change your name to Kweisi Mfume, SSN 256-01-1134. The gov't will be happy, so long as that 7.5% or whatever it is goes into the income redistribution till. If you go contractor, you are expected (and may be hunted down) to pay the SS (appropriate initials, huh?) tax on some portion of the earnings.

Mow lawns for $25 a throw and keep moving. Or, join the "Draft FLAL1A for President" movement, and I'll straighten it out.

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:06:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Die.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:07:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes, become Amish.  They won a battle with the IRS and the government over SS.  Don't use the system and did not have to pay into it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:08:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Die.

Ditto That's the only way the man will release your contract.  Free country my ass.  America is the best, but it sure ain't free

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:09:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:11:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Wake up!

You don't want to give it up. You want to figure out a way to get on Permanent Disability.

Then you get your social security money, and mine, and BlammO's, too. Plus, you can still work on the side for cash. And...NO INCOME TAX!!!

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:44:50 PM EDT
[#11]
I thought you had to leave the country.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:46:23 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Wake up!

You don't want to give it up. You want to figure out a way to get on Permanent Disability.

Then you get your social security money, and mine, and BlammO's, too. Plus, you can still work on the side for cash. And...NO INCOME TAX!!!

+1

All aboard the gravy train -- it's the latest rage.  The best part is that I'll be paying you for the rest of my life.  And if I try to weasel out, you'll have the full jack-booted authority of the government to be sure that you get your "fair" share.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:58:01 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
why?

I'm tired of paying into a system that doesnt work. I can plan for my retirement better than the government can.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:04:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Sell it to one of the illegals in my state.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:03:18 AM EDT
[#15]
You do not have one. Your straw man dose. Freedom is much larger than just the SSN you are looking at.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:38:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top