Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2004 5:41:07 PM EDT
abcnews.go.com/sections/GMA/Living/Hot_Saucing_Discipline_040824-1.html

Well, at least it's discipline...weird, though.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:45:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a variant of the old "wash your mouth out with soap" routine.

Boston family therapist Carleton Kendrick says he is vehemently against hot saucing or corporal punishment of any kind.

"There's no room for pain and humiliation and fear in disciplining healthy children," Kendrick said. "I think it's a rather barbaric practice to say the least."

Oh, and this guy is a Class One FUCKTARD.

Yeah, let's avoid all those "barbaric practices" and what have we gotten for it?  BARBARIC CHILDREN AND ADULTS because they've never been subject to any discipline other than "harsh language" (and maybe a time out or two).

I say again, you sir are a FUCKTARD.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:45:56 PM EDT
[#2]
When I was like 9 or 10 my friends mother would make him lick his finger stick it in alum powder and suck on it when he cussed, she would do the same to me too. It was funny as shit, what a bitchy whore she was. Sure as fuck didn't keep me from cussing.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:46:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:51:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I knew a woman that did that to her 6 year old son. she almost shit when the kid asked for more. he started drinking the tabasco and other hot sauces.  the kid even liked Daves insanity sauce and would drink it, until his dad found out he was drinking it and spanked him for using the "good" sauce.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:59:24 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I knew a woman that did that to her 6 year old son. she almost shit when the kid asked for more. he started drinking the tabasco and other hot sauces.  the kid even liked Daves insanity sauce and would drink it, until his dad found out he was drinking it and spanked him for using the "good" sauce.

That sounds like me.  My mom would make me take a spoonfull of Texas Pete or Tabasco when I cussed.  I ate it up, which just made her angrier.  I've always loved hot sauce.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:07:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:08:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:09:41 PM EDT
[#8]
my parents tried it...I still love tabasco sauce today. I guess it didn't work.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:11:40 PM EDT
[#9]
I am personally planning on getting a dog training collar for my kids.  It's like a kiddie remote control.

"Bobby, put that down!  Bobby...."  ZZZZzzzap!  "Thank you, Bobby."

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:48:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Do you know the type of shits that occur after eatting some really hot sauce and sometimes the about of strength it takes to hold back those instant gushers?

Well, I would hate to be the parent of a child whose insides are not strong enough to handle the sauce.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:57:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Me and all my siblings were (are in the case of younger ones) subject to tobasco for saying bad stuff...bigged me a little till the age of five, then I started thinking it was yummy...

John
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:58:26 PM EDT
[#12]
My cousin used to suck his thumb (we were about 6), then my stepfather showed his mom how to stop it. Dipped his finger in juice from a jalepeno. Freaked him out a bit but he got over it, never sucked his thumb again.

I'm all for it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:02:51 PM EDT
[#13]
A friend of mine was disciplined that way.  Built up him immunity to spicy things.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:05:43 PM EDT
[#14]
What does alum powder do when taken orally?
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:08:07 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
My cousin used to suck his thumb (we were about 6), then my stepfather showed his mom how to stop it. Dipped his finger in juice from a jalepeno. Freaked him out a bit but he got over it, never sucked his thumb again.

I'm all for it.

My dad did that to one of my brothers.  He wouldn't stop chewing his nails.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:08:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Why not just use soap?
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:12:35 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

haven't you ever seen that looney toons cartoon where the dog eats some alum powder?

his whole head shrunk

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:16:42 PM EDT
[#18]
ROFL, that wont work on Mexicans, we are used to that shit.

I <3 Jalepenos.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:20:01 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Rather sour. It's good for canker sores.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:32:23 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Might as well pepper spray them.

I agree. Totally unacceptable. What a fvcktard.
AB
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:37:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:43:04 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Might as well pepper spray them.

I agree. Totally unacceptable. What a fvcktard.
AB

Yeah, because a drop of pepper sauce on the tongue is EXACTLY like splashing it in their eyes!    That's like saying washing a kids's mouth out with soap is like spraying him in the face with bleach.  Have either of you two been pepper sprayed?  I have by accident.  It's a lot different than hot sauce.

The problem in this country is lack of discipline.  You can have CPS called on you for even touching your child, much less spanking them in many places now.  This is what happens when parents no longer have ways to discipline their children.  Take away spanking, and you get hot saucing.  I'm not saying I agree with it, because I haven't reacted to it in any way more than an emotional response, so I need to think it over.  My first take is I don't agree with it.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:43:53 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Why not just use soap?

Liquid dish detergent works great.

Actually, hot sauce is probably far safer for the child's health than some of the stuff in those soaps now.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:09:41 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Why not just use soap?

Because soap is nothing compared to really hot peppers.
When I was about 4 or 5 years old i called my older sister a shit.  She told my mother who happened to be in the kitchen grinding up chiles to make hot sauce.  Un fortunately for me she had not added anything like tomatoes or onions to cool it down and it was straight chile pepper.  

My sister came back outside and told me Mom wanted me in the kitchen.  She told me to stick out my tongue and rolled the wooden dowel accross my tongue 37 or 38 years later I still remember it like it was this afternoon!  I lept up to the sink to run cold water in my mouth for 20-30 seconds.  It felt like the pain had stopped so I jumped down and about the time my feet hit the floor i jumped again because my tongue was burning.  That went on for awhile.  The water would not rinse off the hot pepper and it was unbelievable.

I do love hot food and can eat more hot sauce/ chile peppers than most people I know, but the straight chile pepper on my tongue was very effective at the time.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:33:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:41:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Like the song says..."Whip em'...whip em' good!"
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:42:05 PM EDT
[#27]
this reminds me of this old cartoon I use to watch called: "SUPER CHICKEN" he use to drink some hot sauce and it made him into the Super Chicken and made him strong.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:46:48 PM EDT
[#28]
might work if they use MadDog .357
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:53:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:10:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Think I'd rather endure a little hot saucing as opposed to getting attacked by a dog like these people would do to their kids:

www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/9465867.htm?1c
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top