Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2004 4:11:28 PM EDT
I have an ArmaLite lower receiver which was originally a 20" HBAR Rifle when I bought it. Before the registration ban in CA took effect, I stripped it and sold the parts, but kept the lower un-registered in anticipation of AWB sunset.

My question is should I just rebuild it with Armalite parts in its original config... or go all out and customize with different parts? I ask because I'm curious if it would have any bearing on the value of the rifle not being all Armalite. Because I like the options BM has to offer and was leaning toward them.

BTW, I have a place in AZ, which is were I keep my lower. So the law wont be a problem there after Sep 13th.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 4:45:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Frakengun it. Its not a purse, right?
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 4:51:37 PM EDT
[#2]
While not being a person particularly knowledgable og CA gun laws, can you even have an "unregistered" lower in CA?

ETA: DUH!  Reading comprehension is weak in this one!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 4:59:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Go franken and custimize it.  Methinks the value is a bit lost anyway... but it retains a significant value just for being a solid, reliable lower.

- BUCC_Guy
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:00:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Frankenguns work fine for me.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:08:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Frankenguns work fine for me.

I've got nothing against them.

Although it is a little funny if they wind up two-tone.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:12:50 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
While not being a person particularly knowledgable og CA gun laws, can you even have an "unregistered" lower in CA?

ETA: DUH!  Reading comprehension is weak in this one!

No, you can't. But since he kept it in AZ, he's fine. The AWB will have virtually no effect on AR's being brought into the state of California.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:30:02 PM EDT
[#7]
You have completely destroyed the value of that lower.

However, I am feeling charitable this evening, so I'll help you reduce your losses by giving you $100 for the lower, shipped.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:04:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I think I'm gonna build an M4gery out of it. I dont see Armalite offering an M4 type barrel in their online catalog. So I'll probably go with Bushmaster... or check out some other places. I'm not too worried about the two tone thing, I knicked my Armalite lower awhile back and plan to have the whole gun GunKoted after it is re-built anyway.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top