Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2004 3:34:58 PM EDT
I heard a statistic on Dr. Dean's radio program, he said that a 1/3 of college women are now inflicted with a new sex disease. It's called WMV's?? Or SMV's or something..did'nt get to hear the whole hing. He said women are infected with it and don't even know about it...someone edjumicate me on this. Is there any background on this and what is it?
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:36:02 PM EDT
[#1]
did you mean HPV (human papilloma virus)?
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:39:13 PM EDT
[#2]
NWA? PCP? MDA? KGB? to many things have three letter acronyms
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:40:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn thats some messed up shit!!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:40:49 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Ok..that must be it. Thanks. I will now research this...just when you thought you had them all identified, here comes another.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:42:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Human Papalloma Virus (HPV) & Genital Warts - 33% of all women have this virus, which can cause cervical or penile cancer and genital pain.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:43:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, it's true.  Last I heard 1 in 4 had HPV, including men.  Once you get it, you keep it for life.  Genital warts, pretty sick shit.

Wait until you see a picture of it at it's worst.  Looks like cauliflower
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:45:47 PM EDT
[#8]
According to the website..condoms are pretty in-effective at prevention of the disease spreading. Wow.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:54:51 PM EDT
[#9]
You have nothing to worry about if you dont go around humping every other man/woman you date like a filthy animal.

Monagomy is still the best protection.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:56:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:57:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Dam them hairy Tacos, are spoiled !
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:57:52 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
another good reason to stay away from people that have had multiple sex partners, I bet STD's are not as common in countries that have strong tabboos against pre-marital sex and that the woman keep her virginity until marriage, loose morals really can cause lots of problems.

Thats why I'm leaning towards a high quality import... or a good catholic girl
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:58:43 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Dam them hairy Tacos, are spoiled !

The secret sauce is semen!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 4:05:54 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Yeah, it's true.  Last I heard 1 in 4 had HPV, including men.  Once you get it, you keep it for life.  Genital warts, pretty sick shit.

Last i heard it was drastically higher.

Only a very few strains of HPV cause genital warts. And for males, detection is near impossible.
According to the American Journal of Medicine in 1997, 74% of sexually active people (aged 15-49) will get an HPV infection at some point in their lives

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 4:08:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 4:10:29 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
another good reason to stay away from people that have had multiple sex partners, I bet STD's are not as common in countries that have strong tabboos against pre-marital sex and that the woman keep her virginity until marriage, loose morals really can cause lots of problems.

Thats why I'm leaning towards a high quality import... or a good catholic girl

Good catholic girl??? Some of the wwwwwildest hang'em from the rafters type sex I EVER had. Clean too! No herpes, STD, HIV, AIDS or inhibitions --- YUM!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 4:11:22 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Last i heard it was drastically higher.

Only a very few strains of HPV cause genital warts. And for males, detection is near impossible.

It may very well be higher.  And yes, at over 100 strains, they don't all cause CA or other visible problems.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 4:16:09 PM EDT
[#18]
That's it.

Because of these threads I am never having sex again...which has been happening against my will for a month or so anyway.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 4:51:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Can it be transmitted to your mouth ?
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 4:57:57 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm gettin a boner
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 4:59:49 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I'm gettin a boner

hahaha, that's not from the thread, that is from the beach volleyball on tv.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:02:32 PM EDT
[#22]
BINGO!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:16:10 PM EDT
[#23]
so how long does it take to have symptoms?  or how long do you have to wait before getting checked?  that shit sounds scary!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:19:42 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

HPV and it isn't just 1 in 3 women, it is 1 in 3 Americans I think. Many people can be carriers without knowing it. Women are just more likely to break out.

Ah the things you learn when you are pregnant (you have to get tested for EVERYTHING). BLECH. Those nasty brochures they leave in the office - way TMI!!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:30:05 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
According to the website..condoms are pretty in-effective at prevention of the disease spreading. Wow.

If condoms are ineffective, then it definately seems like a good idea to have your partners tested for all diseases.  But then that would make you a filthy whore...so I guess it's better to do nothing and just end up with HPV.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:33:16 PM EDT
[#26]
i just talked to a doc the other day about this type of stuff and he said that since i used a condom the odds are overwelmingly against me coming down with something.  of course, that is just from one encounter.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:37:17 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I bet STD's are not as common in countries that have strong tabboos against pre-marital sex and that the woman keep her virginity until marriage

Wow did you go to college to develop that amazing deductive logic or were you just born gifted?

-Nick Viejo.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:40:05 PM EDT
[#28]
1 in 3 chance.  I'm sure many here don't have to worry about having 3 partners in their life.

Edit for spelin
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:24:31 PM EDT
[#29]
What's the name of the STD that makes women super-horny?

GunLvr
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:31:52 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

GunLvr

Money.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:32:54 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

GunLvr

DIa-MondS
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:39:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Nasty but still is better then HIV
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:53:24 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I heard a statistic on Dr. Dean's radio program, he said that a 1/3 of college women are now inflicted with a new sex disease. It's called WMV's?? Or SMV's or something..did'nt get to hear the whole hing. He said women are infected with it and don't even know about it...someone edjumicate me on this. Is there any background on this and what is it?

That disease you speak of is also known as "feminism"
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 3:41:58 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

GunLvr

Carvel Ice Cakes or Jewelry??? - Pick one or both for the HOTTEST $ex!!!

ETA: Ice creammmmmm!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 3:56:28 AM EDT
[#35]
I am so glad I got married, what teens have to face today would have cramped my style back in the day.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:21:22 AM EDT
[#36]
Not work safe!!

http://images.google.com/images?q=hpv&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&btnG=Google+Search

Those are images from Google of HPV. Its some NASTAY SHIT. After seeing those you'll never want to have sex again. As you can see, you can get it anywhere. Hell, they havea picture of some guy who has it on his TOE.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:26:07 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Not work safe!!

Those are images from Google of HPV. Its some NASTAY SHIT. After seeing those you'll never want to have sex again. As you can see, you can get it anywhere. Hell, they havea picture of some guy who has it on his TOE.

That one guy grew his own "french tickler"!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:36:19 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Not work safe!!

I think I know which one youre talking about. That was too freakish The guy had an alien dick!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:53:44 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Can it be transmitted to your mouth ?

LOLOLOL im sure it can, as with many others.

and i went with the "find a high quality import" option.
my wife is a beautiful Filipina i met through the military.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:00:11 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

GunLvr

I don't know, but I think the cure is "marriage".

Kirk
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 11:25:00 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

GunLvr

I don't know, but I think the cure is "marriage".

Kirk

Technically, it's wedding cake
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:22:09 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Not work safe!!

I think I know which one youre talking about. That was too freakish The guy had an alien dick!

Yeah the one with the "flora" growing around the corona (not the beer)!
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 5:43:15 AM EDT
[#43]
My question was serious--I had heard one STD makes people super-horny (men and women).  I just can't remember the name of the disease.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:28:52 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
My question was serious--I had heard one STD makes people super-horny (men and women).  I just can't remember the name of the disease.

GunLvr

Doesn't sound like a disease to me.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top