Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2004 2:19:52 PM EDT
OK, here is the deal.  Good idea?  Bad idea?

I want to dress up as a "Marine" for Halloween, and give candy out to the kids who come to my door.  I was thinking about going "all out".... M-16A4gery slung across my chest, 9mm beretta in a tac thigh holster, cold steel trailmaster on the other side, full BDU's, you know the whole bit.

What do you guys think?

My friend is gonna dress up as a Samurai, he practices Laido, and has the whole get-up, as well as his sword, which he was planning on wearing.

So..... picture a "marine" and a "samurai".... fully armed, giving out candy to the kids.

Good idea?  Or invitation to sit in jail for a while?

Stainless
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 2:22:04 PM EDT
[#1]
yes it would be even better if you two faced off and fought everytime a kid came to the door.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 2:22:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Negative image in today's society. (the firearms... not the soldier get-up)

So I would say yes... go for it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 2:22:37 PM EDT
[#3]

If you're going to dress up in military garb, then I think you should go all out, and hide in the bushes, and fling candy at the kids, while yelling your warcry (which I assume will be "Pie!!")!

I plan to dress up as a Hooter's waitress !   If that won't scare kids, nothing will.

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 2:23:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
yes it would be even better if you two faced off and fought everytime a kid came to the door.

i like the way you think.

ok, +1 for the "yes do it"

i am gonna add a poll

S
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 2:24:59 PM EDT
[#5]
If you were a real Marine you would never contemplate wearing your battle gear for the amusement of others or yourself.  The same way a real cop or firefighter would never wear his work clothes for laughs.  That's just the opinion of this Marine.

Better yet, why don't you join the Marine Corps so you can wear your battle gear for real?
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 2:29:30 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
OK, here is the deal.  Good idea?  Bad idea?

I want to dress up as a "Marine" for Halloween, and give candy out to the kids who come to my door.  I was thinking about going "all out".... M-16A4gery slung across my chest, 9mm beretta in a tac thigh holster, cold steel trailmaster on the other side, full BDU's, you know the whole bit.

What do you guys think?

My friend is gonna dress up as a Samurai, he practices Laido, and has the whole get-up, as well as his sword, which he was planning on wearing.

So..... picture a "marine" and a "samurai".... fully armed, giving out candy to the kids.

Good idea?  Or invitation to sit in jail for a while?

Stainless

Guys correct me if I am wrong but didn't oneshotonekill get arrested on Holloween because someone caught a look at his AR?
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 2:29:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
If you were a real Marine you would never contemplate wearing your battle gear for the amusement of others or yourself.  The same way a real cop or firefighter would never wear his work clothes for laughs.  That's just the opinion of this Marine.

Better yet, why don't you join the Marine Corps so you can wear your battle gear for real?

he's got somewhat of a point. I woud lnever wear my actual uniform.

however, i say get on the BDU's (no insignias or name/branch tapes) and get the facepaint on! Hell, half the sheeple will think it's a toy gun!

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 2:33:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I plan to dress up as a Hooter's waitress !   If that won't scare kids, nothing will.

just please DO NOT POST PICS!

I need all the eyesight I have.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 2:33:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Great way to disrespect everyone who EARNED the right to wear a uniform.  If I came to your door, dressed in my traditional Barney outfit, I would kick your ass!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 2:34:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 2:37:25 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
If you're going to dress up in military garb, then I think you should go all out, and hide in the bushes, and fling candy at the kids, while yelling your warcry (which I assume will be "Pie!!")!

+1 for remove insignias and hiding in the bushes.   What's the word for pie in Japanese?  Your friend can join you.

DK, your Hooters costume scares me and I haven't even seen it yet.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 2:42:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Depends on your neighborhood....I know a few places that the kids would come back in kick your ass and take your weapons. It is a good idea to let as few people as possible know what you have inside your home.

MT
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 2:45:21 PM EDT
[#13]
If you want to dress up like a Marine, I'd suggest you cover all insignias and not carry a gun, uless its a fake one. Can't you get busted for "brandishing" even in your front yard??
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 2:45:36 PM EDT
[#14]
No... Not the gun...Please.

Gun is not for Halloween. The Marine dress Okay.  

Enjoy and be safe.

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 2:53:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Make sure you wear MARPAT.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:06:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Bad Idea!

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:09:55 PM EDT
[#17]
I still can't decide if I want to be:

The gay cop (short shorts) from Reno 911

Suicide bomber (bunch of road flares, diaper on head, and green military style non-camo jacket

Will Ferrell when he's dressed up playing the cowbell for that old band on Saturday Night Live.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:11:30 PM EDT
[#18]
I am going as John sKerry and i will steal kids candy!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:23:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:29:47 PM EDT
[#20]
I'd say go for it, but no real guns, airsoft only. I've went to Halloween parties dressed up as a cop with an airsoft pistol before.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:48:59 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I am going as John sKerry and i will steal kids candy!

If you REALLY want to be like John Kerry, you have to steal the candy of the ones with the most and give it to the ones with the least, especially if they are a minority. Of course you have to steal some for yourself like any good Democrat.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 4:02:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 4:07:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 4:10:06 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I'd say go for it, but no real guns, airsoft only. I've went to Halloween parties dressed up as a cop with an airsoft pistol before.

I have a genuine Florida Highway Patrol shirt for just such occasions.  Nothing like walking up on some douche smoking a joint wearing that shirt and dark shades.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 4:10:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Go for it
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 4:16:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 4:16:58 PM EDT
[#27]
No weapons , holster and scabbard are cool . Little kids will love it !!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:12:16 PM EDT
[#28]
For what it is worth....

#1 "Marine" was in quotes.  Wasn't planning on wearing cover, flag, insignia, or any stripes.  Was just going to wear BDU shirt, BDU pants, and some black boots, and MAYBE a face paint.

#2 "Laido" was a typo for Iaido.  was trying to get post in quickly.

Originally posted by Paul
You do plan on displaying the weapon(s) in a threatening manner right?

No, I planned on having It slung on my back, or across my chest.  "Samurai" was going to keep sword sheathed.

#4 After some thought, and reading the posts, I don't want the trouble this might cause...

BUT

#5 It is a SAD state in which we live, where something like this can be blown out of proportion.  At the risk of being banned, I will say this... "The anti-gunners have already won."

We are "crazy" when we have them.  "Crazy" for wanting to buy them.  When we talk about them at work, we are viewed as "psychos."  The "average" citizen "does not need those machineguns and rocket launchers, which is why the 'assult weapon' ban was a good idea."

There once was a time when everyone had a six-gun on their belt.... it was "wrong" to NOT have one.

Allow me to share a quick story about today, which is why I am soooo angry....

I have a friend, who #1 does not & will not ever own a weapon.  #2 thinks that no one EVER needs a gun #3 thinks no one should have ANY guns #4 thinks they are evil and #5 thinks that anyone who has one is "living in fear."

I said to HIM... "what if some one breaks into your home?"  his response, "then I will let them do whatever they want"

I replied, "what if they are going to hurt you or your family?"  His response, "i am not going to do anything."

I replied "what if a 80 year old grandmother, who can't defend herself physically, needs a firearm to defend herself against a 6' 5" 270 pound man, who was just released from prison and spent every day in the gym?"  His response, "most women that age don't have guns."

I retorted, "that doesn't answer the question."  He replied, "she doesn't need the gun, she should just let him do whatever he wants."

I asked, "do YOU want to be a victim?"  His response... was a shrug.  

I made NONE of that up, and am SICKENED by an attitude like this.  This person would let his WHOLE family be raped or killed, and he would do NOTHING to stop it, EVEN IF HE HAD A WEAPON AVAILABLE TO USE.

FUCK!!!!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:19:11 PM EDT
[#29]
I did that with a little airsoft stuff a couple years back, lol.  Go for it, but leave the real steel out.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:19:38 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have a genuine Florida Highway Patrol shirt for just such occasions.  Nothing like walking up on some douche smoking a joint wearing that shirt and dark shades.

Last one I went to, when I walked into a back room, some guy thought I was a cop for a second and jumped up while yelling out "Oh Shit!". Musta took him a second to notice that my badge was printed and stapled to my shirt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top