Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2004 2:19:40 PM EDT
and screwed up? I can't say I wasn't warned but I figured what the hell do the try 1 thing and test it out.

On active duty the military is your only job so you expect to get screwed.

This BS of you have to be here in two days is starting to take its toll on me. Don't get me wrong I don't mind getting deployed I practically expected it but don't sugar coat it and then suprise me with it.

its a drag missing work and school to sit around for 5 days and fill out the same paperwork you did less than a month ago.

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 2:21:02 PM EDT
[#1]
sorry just a rant because I am cranky but is this the norm for guard units?
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 2:22:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Unfortunatley the one process we really haven't mastered is the deployment proccess, simply because untill now we never had to deal with it to the scale and duration we are now, and haven't had enough time to make the process work.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 2:25:31 PM EDT
[#3]
yeah thats probably why, just seems like they should put a couple more people on active status to take care of this problem.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 2:27:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Money, Money, Money.................
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 2:45:01 PM EDT
[#5]
deployment hell = 3 months at fort McCoy WI in feb jackin around then going to Kuwait where its 140 degrees and standing behind the jet and pitching bags ask me how I how i really feel
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 2:52:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Tell you what chaps my ass is active duty "been there, done thats" bad mouthing the guard -

you are one sorry son of a bitch for making your unit look unfit here ina public forum.

IM me for more.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:00:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Tell you what chaps my ass is active duty "been there, done thats" bad mouthing the guard -

you are one sorry son of a bitch for making your unit look unfit here ina public forum.

IM me for more.

I agree it was well known that the 2133 trans co form Iowa Carried the #rd ACR in Iraq and 3rd ACR made it know that 2133 mopped the floor with 3rd ACRs S&T so not all that is Guard is bad
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:09:21 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
deployment hell = 3 months at fort McCoy WI in feb jackin around then going to Kuwait where its 140 degrees and standing behind the jet and pitching bags ask me how I how i really feel

Ft. McCoy ain't that bad. lol... then again, i guess i'm biased since it's an hour from home ;)
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:46:43 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
sorry just a rant because I am cranky but is this the norm for guard units?

What exactly is your complaint? Paperwork?
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:49:21 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ft. McCoy ain't that bad. lol... then again, i guess i'm biased since it's an hour from home ;)

I agree If I was RA  would be an easy assignment
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:32:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Our problem appears to be that my unit command is trying to out-army the Regular Army.

We seem to be putting in a lot more hours than our RA colleagues on either side of us, and we can't quite see why.

NTM
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:33:42 AM EDT
[#12]
You signed up to be used as the military sees fit and now you are complaining abouyt it?

SGatr15
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:43:02 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Our problem appears to be that my unit command is trying to out-army the Regular Army.

We seem to be putting in a lot more hours than our RA colleagues on either side of us, and we can't quite see why.

NTM

While not the exact same thing, in 1996 my guard unit was activited and sent to germany. Our "leaders" rolled over and took every shit job the active duty guys could pile on. We were the sole LE for our areas, even though the AD MP units were training regular day schedules and taking 3-dayers each weekend (we were grossly undersized, so we did 12 hour shifts, 7 on 2 off if no one got sick or hurt), and then our leaders let us get stuck with parades and clean up duty and barracks and building upkeep tasks during our off time, which the AD didn't have to do.

The reward for the leaders was great, GSA rental cars, great housing, 4-5 days off each week. Our first month we worked 12s and went to german class, no one had a day off. Our CO came to cheer us up by showing us his pictures from all the trips he and his girlfriend pltldr had been on that month. Our SgtMaj, Bn CO, and Bn XO flew entire room settings home and most of the officers shipped pieces, by ordering all lower enlisted to ship their bags home (claiming that we were restricted in baggage size, which we were, but it was because our officers took the entire Bn's shipment allowance with their purchases) Our SgtMaj, not joking, took three weeks of each month off going on tours of Europe.

Active duty was also very very corrupt, and think nothing of burning a guardsman on phoney charges for doing your job (which they order your officers to bring).
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:50:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Just be thankful that you are not a reserve Navy MAA / MP.

At a local base they finally went to DOD "rent-a-cops" to augment the regular security force and "allowed" the reservists who have been on active duty since Sept 12th 2001 to stand down and go home.
Just in time to get recalled to go to Kuwait for 6 months....
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:31:20 AM EDT
[#15]
...3 months at fort McCoy WI in feb jackin around...

February in WI is really only one month.  It just feels like THREE.

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:39:36 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
You signed up to be used as the military sees fit and now you are complaining abouyt it?

SGatr15

once again, we are in agreement...
im active, and i FUCKING HATE hearing the goddamned weekenders bitch.
hurry up and wait is military life.
and they knew full and well when they signed the line what RESERVISTS and GUARD units do.. fill gaps where REGULARS are lacking.
you think the "one weekend a month my ass" shirts are funny but they just show why active hates the fucking weekenders. just do your fucking job and dont complain.

and no, we dont expect to get "screwed" we expect that things are a bit bumpy, and we take it in stride to SERVE OUR COUNTRY.

just have your shit ready for a deployment at any time. my unit deploys every year, and that includes sending two to three different blocks of teams out.

although i dont mean to be to asshatish about it, but yes, the paperwork does get old, quick, but ya better get used to it bub!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 8:20:30 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
and they knew full and well when they signed the line what RESERVISTS and GUARD units do.. fill gaps where REGULARS are lacking.
you think the "one weekend a month my ass" shirts are funny but they just show why active hates the fucking weekenders. just do your fucking job and dont complain.

and no, we dont expect to get "screwed" we expect that things are a bit bumpy, and we take it in stride to SERVE OUR COUNTRY.

just have your shit ready for a deployment at any time. my unit deploys every year, and that includes sending two to three different blocks of teams out.

although i dont mean to be to asshatish about it, but yes, the paperwork does get old, quick, but ya better get used to it bub!

At the same time, the current over-reliance on Guard/ USAR is causing stress in more way than one. The average Guard guy has a life and career outside the military, one that is increasingly difficult to put on hold. As someone said above, some Guard personnel have been on AD since 9-01. Think about that. That is a LONG time to put a career on hold; if those Guard guys wanted to go Active for that long a time, they would have done so.  You AD guys don't have to juggle  all the balls  the Guard guy does because the military is your ONLY life, and about the biggest problem you have is worrying about who is banging your wife while you are  away dealing with your current field problem or deployment.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 8:35:26 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
...3 months at fort McCoy WI in feb jackin around...

February in WI is really only one month.  It just feels like THREE.

starting in february and the two months folowing

Feb - traing, SRP shit, little drinking

Mar - a litttle training,  More drinking

Apr - no training whatsoever, soft ball, and constantly drunk going to strip clubs and taking our shuttle bus bar hopping  

94 DAYS IN A MOB STATION
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 8:51:33 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

SGatr15

Umm... RA, NG, AR, branch of service, it doesn't matter. Bitching is an age long tradition.  True?
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 8:58:21 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

SGatr15

Umm... RA, NG, AR, branch of service, it doesn't matter. Bitching is an age long tradition.  True?

FTA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top