Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2004 2:04:14 PM EDT
www.nzherald.co.nz/storydisplay.cfm?storyID=3586717&thesection=news&thesubsection=world

War between Russia and Georgia 'very close'

War between Russia and Georgia is close, Georgian President Mikhail Saakashvili warned in a newspaper interview published in Paris.

"We are very close to a war [with Russia], the population must be prepared," he told the Liberation daily.

Georgia pulled troops back from the separatist pro-Moscow region of South Ossetia last week after an unprecedented show of force that infuriated Russia and worried Washington.

South Ossetia falls within Georgian borders but is inhabited mainly by ethnic Ossetians. The province has demanded independence or rule from Moscow.
--

Let the Civil War, peach, Ted Turner jokes begin...
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 2:06:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Is the Georgian President the same dude that used to be a US  Army four-star?? Shikasavilli, or something like that??  I wondered what ever happened to that dude???  This will be a good war.  We'll get lots of good AK pics to look at.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 2:46:01 PM EDT
[#2]
News last week on Yahoo! & others was that Gen. Shalikashvili(sp?) was gravely ill in Florida.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 2:51:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm in Florida..I hope it does'nt spill over the state line.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 2:55:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Personally, I hope this doesn't effect the Braves playoff run.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:12:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Look out,Atlanner gonna get invaded again!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:15:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Well I live in Florida and this is the first I've heard of this, what with the storm and all. Florida will definitely support Georgia in spite of past rivalries.

Regards,

Mild Bill
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:18:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Hell I'm just south of Atlanta, how long before they reach the capital. I hope Georgia will stand
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:19:17 PM EDT
[#8]
My money's on Georgia...them Georgia boys are pretty well armed, and we all know how well 4x4 pickups do against those crappy Russian tanks...
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:21:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Question is, how in the hell am I going to mount a quad-fifty on the back of my Civic??
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:23:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Shit! I'm ready!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:26:13 PM EDT
[#11]
My wife was wondering why we sent some Olympic athletes from Georgia and not from the US.  I said "Georgia is a country too".  "Whaat?? No way.." hahahah.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:27:15 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
My money's on Georgia...them Georgia boys are pretty well armed, and we all know how well 4x4 pickups do against those crappy Russian tanks...

Oh hell yes!! And lets not forget what Grant did to downtown!!

Is was Grant was'nt it??

Allz I know is...ready to raise all the hell we got stored.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:36:04 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh hell yes!! And lets not forget what Grant did to downtown!!

Is was Grant was'nt it??

Allz I know is...ready to raise all the hell we got stored.

Sherman burned Atlanta...

Worked too, no more revolts since...
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:43:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Why would Washington be worried.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:45:14 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Good question.  I had a similar thought when I heard that Fox News was waiting for a statement from the Department of Homeland Security.  What does this incident have to do with the Homeland?
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:47:33 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I don't know? It is so far away from Georgia and Florida.

Bob
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:52:05 PM EDT
[#17]
NUKES, OIL, VODKA,or RUSSIAN BABES. The war will affect all of these commodities that some Washington Bigwigs probably have money tied up in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top