Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2004 12:54:57 PM EDT

I got this today at Wally World...it's a Harris copy...100% like a Harris, except they, IMO, go one better....the tension knob is not the screw like a Harris.....it's a knurled screw....

It's adjustable from 9-13". It has the locking knobs on the legs and locks open at full extention, with the push button release.

Mounts like a Harris, and fuctions like a Harris...for $39...

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 12:58:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I got one of those a month back. Pretty good deal and when compared to a Harris it is identical.

jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=259447
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 1:08:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I musta missed your thread...I'm impressed with the construction....plus I'm a cheap ass...this fits my bill...
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 1:10:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Time for a walmart trip.  Im on a major fixed budget but can never pass up what looks like a good buy.

- BUCC_Guy
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 1:47:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Get one..it's a good buy...every bit as sturdy as a Harris..
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 1:50:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 1:56:28 PM EDT
[#6]
WalMart sucks, if you shop there you should move to China.

Oh yeah I almost forgot,If you dont have a real Harris I heard your more likely to succumb to testicular Cancer.At least that what I read on the internet
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 1:58:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Four replies, and not one "WalMart sucks, if you shop there you should move to China" post yet? Nobody telling you that if you don't buy a real Harris, your testicles will fall of, because your cheap bipod is no good and is incapable of holding the frint of your rifle still?

LMAO

If it makes you feel any better, you can always check out the thread in the Washington Hometown forum: I hate Wall-Mart!!.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 2:44:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Ha..Whoops there goes on of my balls....rolled right under the desk...

I really don't give 2 shits what people think of Wal-Mart...we shop there 2-3 times a week...and still will..

That is what is great about the good'ol USA...the freedom to choose where we shop...

And for the deal I got on my bipod...I'm glad I go to Wal-Mart...
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 2:47:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Is it made by Harris? Maybe made for Walmart. Made in USA?

Does it swivel?

Would it work with my Tacpoint?
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 2:49:00 PM EDT
[#10]
my wal-mart and sams never have the good shit or good deals. NVGs full price Starlight cases never had em in teh first place no bipods grrr
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 2:49:54 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Is it made by Harris? Maybe made for Walmart. Made in USA?

Does it swivel?

Would it work with my Tacpoint?

That is funny.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 2:52:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Not only will it work with your Tac-point, it will make you a better lover...
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 2:57:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:01:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Hey, thanks for the hint. I need one.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:04:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Fuck ChinaMart,
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:05:01 PM EDT
[#16]
I looked at one about 2 weeks ago at walmart and it did not look as well made as a harris.  As a matter of fact it looked like it was built by century and QC'ed by Hesse.  Not sure what the name of it was, but it was shit.  Looks like you got a decent one there though.  As long as it works who cares what its called?  I did end up buying a harris so I guess I can rest assured that my balls will stay attached.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:06:27 PM EDT
[#17]
I hear the red Chinese LOVE these Harris bipod knock offs.

Oh yeah, and your balls are gonna fall off.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:20:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Dumb question number 1:

Will it fit the AR? If so..is it permanent as in easily removable? (dumb question #2)
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:29:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:31:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Our Walmart has more items strewn all over the floors than on the shelves...

I'll see if they have this and if it's even worth the 40 clams.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:35:13 PM EDT
[#21]
   Can you post a model/Item # so we can search online.....
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:38:54 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Dumb question number 1:

Will it fit the AR? If so..is it permanent as in easily removable? (dumb question #2)

if it's like a harris it clips on to a rifle sling button, you can buy an adapter that goes inside the hanguards so a rifle sling button sticks out to attach the bipod to, it comes on and off with the turn of a screw and you can remove the adapter by taking the handguards off

Thank you Aimless..I'm just tired of those range benchrest..cheap bricks with neoprene on them. I was thinking of making my own..but don't have the time..I was thinking of a bi-pod, now I'm really interested.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:42:43 PM EDT
[#23]
I did a side by side with my friend's Harris and the only difference was the tension screw and the Harris name branded on it. The way the legs retracted and extended were identical. It even came with the same Uncle Mike's sling swivel the Harris comes with.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:46:38 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I got one of those a month back. Pretty good deal and when compared to a Harris it is identical.

jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=259447

I read your thread and bought one.

Works good.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:49:44 PM EDT
[#25]
I have one just like it marked "Outers". I took it off of a 17HMR that I picked up. Don't really need a Bi-Pod for squrriel hunting. Seems to be ok but I've seen better ones and I've also seen much worse.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:50:40 PM EDT
[#26]
The tension screw on the new harris bipods is a knob.  I've got a Harris 1A2 Ultralite LM right here and it's got a knob.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 4:09:09 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
   Can you post a model/Item # so we can search online.....

There is no model number for the bipod...above the upc code in the number 40853

Try searching for "Shooter's Ridge"..that is the brand it's sold under...

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:39:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Damn, and I was at Wally World today and didn't see one.  Then again I was frustrated.  I went in to get a replacement glob for my coleman lantern,  They had 3 frigging sizes.  Damn I gotta measure the lantern and go back now, maybe I'll drift over by the other Sporting Goods shelves.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:41:52 PM EDT
[#29]
I had one of them I had on my 06 last deer season(left the harris at home by accident) honestly the copy  couldn;t take the push through the woods,. I had to take pliers to it and tighter down the nuts on it twice in one day.

Now I just use the thing on my 10/22.

Prefer the harris.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:25:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Forgive my ignorance on Harris Bi-Pods, but can it attach to a RAS type handguard out of the box or do you need some other sort of mount for it? I've been wanting to get one for some time. This looks like a great opportunity.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:02:22 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Forgive my ignorance on Harris Bi-Pods, but can it attach to a RAS type handguard out of the box or do you need some other sort of mount for it? I've been wanting to get one for some time. This looks like a great opportunity.

You need to get a rail mount adapter...Brownell's Catalog, Part number is

416-106-101...Price is $8.50

It fit's rails that are 5/8" wide...for a RAS there may be another type of adapter...
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:18:28 PM EDT
[#32]
So this seeming like a good deal, I ran out and bought one of these for one of my rifles.  Says on the back of the packaging that it contains materials known to cause cancer in california - what the hell do they make these things with??  Of course I know waking up nowadays causes cancer, just curious .
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:19:42 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
So this seeming like a good deal, I ran out and bought one of these for one of my rifles.  Says on the back of the packaging that it contains materials known to cause cancer in california - what the hell do they make these things with??  Of course I know waking up nowadays causes cancer, just curious .

Good thing I don't live in California!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:22:47 PM EDT
[#34]
I havent seen them here.  They hide the cool stuff from me.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:22:49 PM EDT
[#35]
damn, my wally mart don't got it yet
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:31:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Uh,, how much is a real Harris again?
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 12:43:11 AM EDT
[#37]
I thinks it's either the ink, the cardboard or plastic wrapper.  Just about everything you buy in a  store around here hwas the warning.  Must be easier to put the warning on and not worry about somebody later suing you for not doing it.

I got some polypropylene cord at WM today and it had the the warning as did some stainless steel bolts from Home Depot.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 1:05:34 AM EDT
[#38]
I'd rather have my eyeballs taken out and rolled in salt, then put back in my skull before I shop at WalMart, Kmart or any other huge damn store. Not only do they decemate the economy of local towns everywhere, they generally sell cheap ass shit I wouldn't want anyway. Harris Bipods are made in the good 'ole USA, in Barlow, KY. The Wal Mart brand is made WHERE???? Next time you lose your job due to cut backs, you can always go work at walmart for a cool 5.50/hour.

That said, if there was a riot or another SHTF scenario, I'd be happy to ROB them for all I could carry! Other than that, I won't darken their doorway. I'd rather give my money to the shooting stores that have ALWAYS been there catering to me and treating me like a person and a friend. You're far less likely to find massive piles of walking shit in small stores too.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 3:35:29 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I'd rather have my eyeballs taken out and rolled in salt, then put back in my skull before I shop at WalMart, Kmart or any other huge damn store. Not only do they decemate the economy of local towns everywhere, they generally sell cheap ass shit I wouldn't want anyway. Harris Bipods are made in the good 'ole USA, in Barlow, KY. The Wal Mart brand is made WHERE???? Next time you lose your job due to cut backs, you can always go work at walmart for a cool 5.50/hour.

That said, if there was a riot or another SHTF scenario, I'd be happy to ROB them for all I could carry! Other than that, I won't darken their doorway. I'd rather give my money to the shooting stores that have ALWAYS been there catering to me and treating me like a person and a friend. You're far less likely to find massive piles of walking shit in small stores too.

Once again a post, written to inform of a possible good deal for gun owners, is ruined by people like you....

I don't give a flying fuck how you feel about Wal-Mart..in fact, your leftest remarks will make me shop there more..

This post was to inform my fellow gun owners of a deal I found...not everyone wants to or has $60+ dollars to spend for a Harris Bipod...

I wonder, how many of you Wal-Mart haters, because they have items made overseas, have ever owned a firearm, ammo or other supplies made in China, Europe, Russia?....

And I bet I will never know...you thump your chest and rant on about Wal-Mart and I bet you have a H&K, or a Glock, or a AK in that safe....rant on hypocrits...

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 3:59:16 AM EDT
[#40]
I believe Outer's became Shooter's Ridge sometime last year. Midway also carries these bipods (688419 for the 9-13" and 567709 for the 13.5"-23"). Normal price of $38.99 is about the same as WalMart but dealer price is a bit cheaper.

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:25:06 AM EDT
[#41]
Cool Beans !!  a $40 Chinese ripoff copy from Wally World

Why the hell should I pay $60 for a Made in USA, Taxed in USA, Paying American wages item made by a 2nd Amendment / shooting sports / NRA supporting company !!??

Yessiree, quite an bargin
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:27:16 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Why the hell should I pay $60 for a Made in USA, Taxed in USA, Paying American wages item made by a 2nd Amendment / shooting sports / NRA supporting company !!??

Yes it a bargin...that's why I bought it..

You guys that hate Wal-Mart are sounding like a bunch of Demorats and the scumbag union leaders...next thing you know, you will want to redistribute wealth and property...
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:31:17 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Because your money goes to p US people that own the company and because you help employ american workers while getting a good bargain maybe?

BTW, what type of car do you drive?

What type of shoes?

Where is your FUCKING OIL FROM HYPOCRATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SGtar15
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:32:23 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Holy Crap! The legs are made out of spent plutonium fuel rods! It will cause cancer!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:33:02 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because your money goes to p US people that own the company and because you help employ american workers while getting a good bargain maybe?

What type of shoes?

SGtar15

Hot damn Sarg!! We are on the same page..that's it...the world is off it's axis!!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:43:54 AM EDT
[#46]
i will stick to the real deal
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:55:35 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

It's fine if you want to buy American or whatever.  Just don't assume everyone agrees with you and try to force that view upon others.  

After all, people have other financial priorities besides buying high-quality made in USA shooting gear.  I'd rather see them make their own decisions on these priorities and have the CHOICE to do so rather than just forego buying something because the cost was prohibitive.  Harris is a superior product, certainly.  But not everyone requires Harris quality.  Personally, I think you should spend the money on ammo and learn to shoot right and you won't need a bipod to rest on.  Wal-Mart has some good deals on Made in USA ammunition, so there you go.  In a couple more years, the Chink copies will be identical to the Harris and then what fool would pay more for a Harris?

BTW--China is keeping American consumers afloat right now.  If we have to start buying all made in USA stuff, we'd all be broke by next week.  Chinese communism was/is being defeated not by force of arms (which some brutes lust for), but by peaceful trade.

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:03:26 AM EDT
[#48]

How? It was manufactured by Chinese, Ohh...I see a greedy American was able to profit.  Does this Greedy American support you or your beliefs?  Yeah they did take a $9 an hour manufacturing job and dumb it down to a $4.50 an hour cashier position...GO USA !!

um....a Chinese ripoff of a Chevy? Acura? BMW? Since when are we discussing cars?

What type of shoes?

see above.

??? Texas? Saudi Arabia? Who cares. Whats your point here? Who the fuck said anything about NOT BUYING IMPORTED PRODUCTS?

The point is the Fucking RED CHINESE Thiefs that Pirate American products (going out on a limb here)  do not support you or your beliefs.

Take your $20 savings and send it to HCI.  Thats what you're doing by not supporting a company which has supported gun owners.

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:53:21 AM EDT
[#49]
Nice sarge!  The official AR115.com troll hunter  

Anyway,  I'll have to go look into one of these.  I sure don't have the cash for a real Harris

As far as wal-mart goes, I don't really like shopping there because of the crowds and the service kind of sucks.  But they do have great prices on stuff, and I'd rather look around for stuff on my own, so I shop there anyway, just not terribly often.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top