Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2004 12:01:25 PM EDT
Ok, usually being QUITE adept at fixing things, this problem has me pissed.  

My heater fan does not work on the first and second positions...the third position (HIGH) works fine, which leads me to believe that little tungsten coils in the heater box are fried...seen it many times before, fixed them many times before..

My question; Where on God's green earth did they put the coils in my truck???  Usually the heater box is quite visible from inside the engine compartment and the plate with the coils is right on top...not mine. Where the hell are they???

The DA
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 12:08:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 12:12:12 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

My heater fan does not work on the first and second positions...the third position (HIGH) works fine, which leads me to believe that little tungsten coils in the heater box are fried...seen it many times before, fixed them many times before..

My question; Where on God's green earth did they put the coils in my truck???  Usually the heater box is quite visible from inside the engine compartment and the plate with the coils is right on top...not mine. Where the hell are they???

The DA

I don't know where you got the name Tungsten coils, but what your referring to is called a Resistor Block... Its probably located under the dash on/near the blower motor.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 12:14:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep, under the dash.  You're thinking of the chevys that have them in the engine compartment.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 12:26:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Under the dash.  Attached to or behind the control unit.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 12:37:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The DA

I don't know where you got the name Tungsten coils, but what your referring to is called a Resistor Block... Its probably located under the dash on/near the blower motor.

BECAUSE THEY ARE MADE OF TUNGSTEN
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 1:46:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Not trying to be an ass , but is it cold where you are?My parents live in Wisconsin and they said they're already getting overnite frosts! Could'nt believe that !Take care. Coondog
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 2:05:49 PM EDT
[#7]
same thing happened to the wife van last year and had to put a new blower switch in the control panel, the old one was melted  inside
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top