Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2004 11:56:16 AM EDT
SHEESH, I take one day off form work, and the whole place goes to hell.....

OK, So I go in this AM, and one of the presses is down, has been since YESTERDAY...

Turns out the cam box is leaking OIL BAD, I mean pouring out..

Well NO ONE worked on it, it just sat there waiting for ME, YIPPPEEEEEEE.....

So anyway, I get the inside of the press gutted out, and down to the box, and finally get the old seal out, NOW keep in mind this is not a small seal. It is about 18in in diameter, and a BITCH to get in, esp when all the clearence you have is about 8in, to work in.....

FINALLY, after alot of cussing and threating with its life, the seal goes in, and machine is re-assembled.

Hopefully no more oil leaks, BUT with all the hot weather we have now, and no AC in my area of the plant, and internal temps in the machines well into the triple digits, I dont think the seal wil last long........
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 12:05:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Reminds me of one of my favorite jokes:

A vacationing penguin is driving through Arizona when he notices that the oil-pressure light is on. He gets out to look and sees oil dripping out of the motor. He drives to the nearest town and stops at the first gas station.

After dropping the car off, the penguin goes for a walk around town. He sees an ice-cream shop and, being a penguin in Arizona, decides that something cold would really hit the spot. He gets a big bowl of vanilla ice cream and sits down to eat. Having no hands, he makes a real mess trying to eat with his little flippers.

After finishing his ice cream, he goes back to the gas station and asks the mechanic if he's found the problem. The mechanic looks up and says, "It looks like you blew a seal."

"No, no," the penguin replies, "It's just ice cream."

Hope your day gets better-

Shawn
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 12:42:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I am just like you. If no-one else wants to do the job, I get to be the one to fix it.Aarrrggghhhh! On the bright side though, if you would look in a McMaster Carr catalog,or a WWGrainger catalog you can find air operated compact air conditioners that can be mounted in electrical enclosures or machines to help curb various types of failures due to excess heat. I have used these in several different applications and they work great! Give it a try. HTH!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top