Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2004 10:19:00 AM EDT
My wife and I just got back from a vacation in Oregon and man, I can't beleive how many John Kerry bumper stickers and signs in people's front yards. The neighborhood my brother in law lives in literally had every other yard littered with a Kerry/Edwards sign. My broinlaw had the only Bush/Cheney sign I saw in the whole town. The state is beutiful but way too many hippy types running around for me.

This bumper sticker I saw on some libs van takes the cake, this idiot is going to vote for Kerry because they both windsurf??? WTF is that about??? I guess Kerry visited Hood River and did some windsurfing, he got all the libs worked up into a lather about how "down to earth he is".

We did see some awesome sights there too, here is a waterfall we saw just driving down the road:

Here is Haystack Rock at Cannon Beach:

Here are a couple shots from my balcony:

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:23:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Did you guys go there for your honeymoon? Where exactly was it? It looks beautiful there. If you don't mind can you send me the info on that place. I'm still thinking of places to take my fiance for our honeymoon. Thanks
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:26:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Haystack rock is sweet. I used to go to cannon beach all the time. Digging around in the tide pools by haystack rock keeps the kids busy for hours
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:32:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Actually, we did our honeymoon a couple of months ago in Cancun. This beat Cancun by a long shot for just the sheer beuty!!!!!

The name of the hotel we stayed at in Cannon Beach is called The Ocean lodge. This place would be GREAT for a honeymoon, very nice, top notch service, you name it. The room we had had a fireplace and a big huge comfy bed, jacuzzi tub. It was very nice!!!!!!!!!!

www.theoceanlodge.com/
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:34:45 AM EDT
[#4]
If you spent a lot of time in Portland (aka Hippyville) you are going to see a lot of Kerry stickers.  All the Bush supporters are out in rural areas or in SW Washington.  Even just across the river in Vancouver, there are many more Bush stickers and signs.  The amount of Kerry supporters in the area is disturbing though.  Hopefully the Great Pacific NW won't start going down the slippery slope like Kalifornia has.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:37:10 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
If you spent a lot of time in Portland (aka Hippyville) you are going to see a lot of Kerry stickers.  All the Bush supporters are out in rural areas or in SW Washington.  Even just across the river in Vancouver, there are many more Bush stickers and signs.  The amount of Kerry supporters in the area is disturbing though.  Hopefully the Great Pacific NW won't start going down the slippery slope like Kalifornia has.

The street where literally every other house had a Kerry sign was Hood River, OR, about 50 miles east of Portland.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:40:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Yea, here in hood river its horrible. Lots of folks weak minded sheeple that willbase a voting choice on that fact kerry windsurfs. Pretty weak.

BTW, I was thru Cannon beach this weekend. We stayed south of there about 40 miles.

Sorry we missed ya, as any excuse for a beer with friends would be great!

CH
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:42:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Haystack Rock, didn't they use that place for a shoot in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade?  When Indy's father scared the flock of seaguls into the Lufft pilots plane.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:44:15 AM EDT
[#8]
I haven't been to Portland for a while but I am surprised to see the qty of Bush stickers in Seattle this year.  We have so many libby scumbag hippies here.  Of course, maybe they can't read and they think they are supporting sKerry!

ETS, nice pics!  I love it down there at Cannon Beach
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:44:22 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Actually, we did our honeymoon a couple of months ago in Cancun. This beat Cancun by a long shot for just the sheer beuty!!!!!

The name of the hotel we stayed at in Cannon Beach is called The Ocean lodge. This place would be GREAT for a honeymoon, very nice, top notch service, you name it. The room we had had a fireplace and a big huge comfy bed, jacuzzi tub. It was very nice!!!!!!!!!!

www.theoceanlodge.com/

Thanks a lot for the info! I'll have to check into that place.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:51:06 AM EDT
[#10]
I want to go to Oregon one of these days to visit Klamath Falls.  Expose several rolls of film and start the drive back home.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:11:51 AM EDT
[#11]
At least Oregon is a Class III friendly state. They have a big machine gun shoot in Albany once or twice a year. The coast is breath taking, too. My wife and I honeymooned at Cannon Beach.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:20:25 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I haven't been to Portland for a while but I am surprised to see the qty of Bush stickers in Seattle this year.  

+1

They are everywhere. And where they arent, I put them....

Major Arterial seen by thousands a day..... Midnight maneuver, and its still up after 2 weeks....

Last night I pulled up next to a Kerry stickered VW, flashed them a Veterans for Bush sticker.

She flipped me off, I gave her a peace sign.

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:20:57 AM EDT
[#13]

Kerry did not windsurf in Oregon due to no wind at Hood River during his visit. With that fact in mind, has he in fact ever windsurfed, or did he just say he wanted too?
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:21:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:24:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:28:00 AM EDT
[#16]
I live in Oregon and cant stand all the liberal assholes.  The mindless Sheeple walking around is astounding!  Great fishing and hunting here, if you get away from portland you will see less kerry stickers.  Multnomah county is got to be one of the most liberal places around and it makes me sick.  I should have known how liberal PDX was when they were the 3rd city to try gay marriage.

Kerry was here a week or so ago downtown on the waterfront in Portland and the liberal media said he brought 50,000 plus people.  What a bunch of horse shit, there was Bon Jovi, Leo De Caprio, and the food fest thing was going on so must people were already there.  Our liberal media really sucks ass.

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:30:11 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I want to go to Oregon one of these days to visit Klamath Falls.  Expose several rolls of film and start the drive back home.

I worked at the hospital in Klamath Falls for a few weeks about 15 years ago. It was a beautiful place.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top