Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2004 9:58:35 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:00:32 AM EDT
[#1]
The BOC song "Burning for You" comes to mind, no?

(sadly, there's no cowbell in that song)
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:02:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Damn, death by hot oil doesn't sound all that great. Whatever happened to good ol' hangin yourself?
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:02:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:02:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:08:09 AM EDT
[#5]
[anchorman] I drank a lava lamp; it wasn't real lava. [/anchorman]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:10:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:11:34 AM EDT
[#7]

Did he beer-batter himself first?

Mmmmmmm.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:24:19 AM EDT
[#8]
There are a few possibilities about the low oil temperature:

1.  The story is true as reported (175°F seems a little low)
2.  Someone can't convert from Fahrenheit to Celsius (175°C = 350°F)
3.  Someone got the temperature completely wrong

Why the guy chose an oil bath (which might have been cooling off from the previous day's work) instead of a furnace is beyond me, unless he couldn't get access to the inside of a furnace.

We have furnaces (we make forgings, and we do a lot of heat-treating in-house) that go up to 2200°F+.  At that temperature, I figure a person would last until their scream ended and they had to inhale.  Air that hot will cause the water in the lung tissues to quickly vaporize, essentially causing a small explosion in the chest.  The body would boil/burn away, and the nonflammable parts would be reduced (in both senses) to ash, mostly calcium oxide.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:44:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Joke

Warden speaking to deathrow inmate on his last night

"I have two choices for you to pick from for the way you will died ? The choices are

1. Having your head chopped off

2. Being burned at the stake."

The inmate doesnt skip a beat and says "  OH thats easy I would rather the steak. "

The warden is confused no one has ever picked being burned at the stake. So he asked the inmate?

" Why "

The inmate replies " A hot Steak is better than a cold chop anyday  of the week "

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top