Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2004 8:07:19 AM EDT
So I went to the meat market this morning and bought myself a boneless turkey breast.  Now what is the easiest way to cook this thing.  Can I bbq it in a couple pieces or do I need to throw it is a roaster?  Thanks in advance.  And yes I know I've lived a sheltered life.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:33:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I brine them in apple juice, kosher salt and brown sugar over night, then smoke them in my BBQ.  They come out juicy and flavorful.  For the details you can go to HTTP://www.foodtv.com and do a search on brined turkey.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:40:37 AM EDT
[#2]
The best way to cook them is to leave the bone, and skin intact, douse with Lawrey's Seasoned Salt, and grill it.

Boneless/skinless =
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:45:44 AM EDT
[#3]

What is the best way to cook a turkey breast?

With Heat.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:49:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Amatures!!

Get your turkey breast, put it in a crock pot with 1 (one) cup of vinegar and let it go overnight. You'll look in your crock pot with that turkey breast and cup of vinegar and say 'needs more vinegar'... it doesn't!

Then drain liquid which should almost cover the turkey breast, remove bones, shread with  forks, add Kraft Original BBQ sauce to your liking and gooeyness or use whatever BBQ sauce you like.

Put that on a bun with a pickle and you cant tell the difference from pork BBQ (well, maybe a little)

Hardly any fat at all and damn tasty!

Got leftovers? Toss in a can of crushed tomatoes and a small can of corn. Add water to soup-ify it and you've got brunswick stew.

I do  this at least once a month, I love it!

Happy Eating!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:50:05 AM EDT
[#5]
OH! We're not talking about Theresa Heinz Kerry?
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:51:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Deep fryer in peanut oil. Inject your marinade of choice.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:11:48 AM EDT
[#7]
if it were me, i'd wrap bacon around it and then bake it at 375 for a couple hours - the bacon flavors it and keeps it moist and juicy.
also, here is a link with a few other recipes you can choose from, just to make it more confusing. Turkey Recipes
good luck.  
mp
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:16:42 AM EDT
[#8]
You should use the turkey as bait to catch some kind of animal that actually tastes good.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:19:23 AM EDT
[#9]
fry the shit out of it and then smear it with fat-laden gravy.  enjoy with a cold beer.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:26:44 AM EDT
[#10]
brine it first over night then cook like normal full turkey-
or
brine and cook all day in slow cooker with 1/2 bag of onion soup mix- pull apart with fork- eat on buns
or
brine and deep fry
or
I brine EVERY time I have poultry- it comes out so much better and I have never had dry meat (turkey/chicken anyway)
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:29:39 AM EDT
[#11]
I like to slow somke it with cherry wood for about 4 hours.  I  just load my cookshack smoker with about 3oz of cherry and set the temp at 225.  Lunch will be ready in about 4 hours.Smoked Turkey
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:39:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Is it safe to cook turkey in a crock pot?  Will it get hot enough to kill the salmonella?
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:52:06 AM EDT
[#13]
I appreciate the tips.  I think tonight I'm going to cut it in half and bbq the thing.  Never had bbq  turkey before.  Whats the worst that could happen, I screw it up and have something else for dinner.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:56:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Depending on the size, I only cook my bonelss Turkey breat on the grill. Flip it every 5 minutes for up to 25 minutes, makeing sure not to burn it. Comes out perfect, provideing you dont forget to flip it. I usualy buy the ones that are pre-marinated. There excellent with a vegi and a side of Saffron rice of other.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:51:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:03:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Get a roasting bag, toss in some carrots, onions, celery. Bake per directions on bag.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 4:54:15 PM EDT
[#17]
For anyone that cares, I cut the turkey up into three decent size portions, wrapped it in tin foil with lots of bbq sauce, some salt and peper, and some sliced up onion.  Threw it on the grill for an hour (flipped after a half hour), took it off and enjoyed.  It was some damn fine turkey.  Plus I have enough food now for the next three days.  Thanks for the help.  If I had a digi cam, I would have taken pics.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:03:23 PM EDT
[#18]
First we need to know the Cup Size???

MT

Like mine pressure cooked with veggies...
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:06:25 PM EDT
[#19]
On the grill right next to the 16oz. RIBEYE you should be cooking!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:07:55 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
On the grill right next to the 16oz. RIBEYE you should be cooking!

If my pops or buddys would have been over, no problem.  I'm not a big red meat guy for whatever reason.  Every now and then some venison, but that is about it.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:10:05 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Is it safe to cook turkey in a crock pot?  Will it get hot enough to kill the salmonella?

My wife is putting a turkey breast in the crock pot tonight. She places a stick of butter in the bottom of the pot, rubs the bird inside and out with black pepper and sage, then stuffs a peeled onion in the cavity. When she gets up at 03:50 to get me ready for work the bird is done and she makes me a turkey on french bread poboy. I like yellow mustard and whole berry cranberrysauce on mine.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:14:47 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Deep fryer in peanut oil. Inject your marinade of choice.

+1

I like Cajun Injector's Honey Teryaki marinade, or my own combination of butter/hot sauce.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:17:06 PM EDT
[#23]
IMHO

Danny
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 1:37:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Yum! Just took a taste! Can't wait for lunchtime to roll around.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 1:40:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Id go fo the frying option.  Now I want to go get me some Turkey.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top