Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2004 6:50:17 AM EDT
This is not a state that takes home invasion lightly. Invade a man's home here if you want to, but be ready to meet the grim reaper if you do!

www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=2212377&nav=0RaMQB4j
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:53:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Yep!  Homeowners protecting their homes are protected here!  

I hope I never have to, but I am prepared.

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:00:41 AM EDT
[#2]
So. Mr. Robber guy - HOW bad do you want my stuff???

Proud to live in SC.

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:03:09 AM EDT
[#3]
It is my understanding that a year or two ago the Attorney General in SC said it was "open season" on home invaders and that anyone who shot or killed an intruder would NOT be prosecuted.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:04:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Yep.  A homeowner who kills a home invader will not be arrested or charged.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:04:30 AM EDT
[#5]
good for the HO! other than maybe texas, i can't think of a worse state to break into someone's home in.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:07:40 AM EDT
[#6]
That's good to read. Breaking in to a mans home to steal/harm/whatever is a dangerous way to make a living. That guy had it coming.

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:08:20 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
So. Mr. Robber guy - HOW bad do you want my stuff???

Proud to live in SC.

+1    
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:09:01 AM EDT
[#8]

a year or two ago the Attorney General in SC said it was "open season" on home invaders

The problem with that was he didn't have the authority to make that decision.  He only executes the law.  He doesn't make it.  After he made that statement, there were many cops that publicly came-out against the right to self defense in your home.z
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:11:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:12:58 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

a year or two ago the Attorney General in SC said it was "open season" on home invaders

The problem with that was he didn't have the authority to make that decision.  He only executes the law.  He doesn't make it.  After he made that statement, there were many cops that publicly came-out against the right to self defense in your home.z

It wasn't so much a "decision" as it was a statement of how he (Charlie Condon) felt about criminals invading the sanctity of a man's home. The message struck a positive chord with home owners here. He did nothing more than to publicly voice his agreement with existing home invasion laws.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:13:16 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Cops may arrest you, but they have no control over who get prosecuted or not. Guess who makes those decisions...?
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:13:36 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
It is my understanding that a year or two ago the Attorney General in SC said it was "open season" on home invaders and that anyone who shot or killed an intruder would NOT be prosecuted.

I remember that. It's the way things ought to be! In Florida we have the "castle doctrine" which says you don't have to retreat inside your house.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:13:37 AM EDT
[#13]
P.S.- Kennesaw GA is about as good as it gets in this country........

Gun Ownership Mandatory in Kennesaw, Georgia

"The city's population grew from around 5,000 in 1980 to 13,000 by 1996. In 1982, Kennesaw Georgia passed a law requiring heads of households to keep at least one firearm in their home, exempting those with criminal records or religious objections. Yet, after the law went into effect in 1982, there have been only three murders: two with knives (1984 and 1987) and one with a firearm (1997).Seven months after it took effect, the residential burglary rate dropped 89%, vs. 10.4% statewide. Crime against persons plummeted 74 percent compared to 1981, and fell another 45 percent in 1983 compared to 1982. And it has stayed impressively low.
In addition to nearly non-existent homicide, the annual number of armed robberies, residential burglaries, commercial burglaries, and rapes have averaged, respectively, 1.69, 31.63, 19.75, and 2.00 through 1998.

With all the attention that has been heaped upon the lawful possession of firearms lately, you would think that a city that requires gun ownership would be the center of a media feeding frenzy. It isn't. The fact is I can't remember a major media outlet even mentioning Kennesaw. Can you? The reason is obvious. Kennesaw proves that the presence of firearms actually improves safety and security. This is not the message that the media want us to hear. They want us to believe that guns are evil and are the cause of violence. The facts tell a different story.

What is even more interesting about Kennesaw is that the city's crime rate decreased with the simple knowledge that the entire community was armed. The bad guys didn't force the residents to prove it. Just knowing that residents were armed prompted them to move on to easier targets. Most criminals don't have a death wish.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top