Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2004 6:19:59 AM EDT
MEXICO CITY — The Department of Homeland Security (search) is taking a new approach to repatriating illegal immigrants, sending those who volunteer home on flights from Tucson, Ariz., to Mexico City and Guadalajara, Mexico.

FOXNEWS

Each year roughly 3 million illegal immigrants sneak across the border from Mexico into the United States. The Border Patrol (search) has recently stepped up enforcement by patrolling the waterways and skies, and even positioning camouflaged agents in the mountains.

But by returning illegal immigrants deep into the heart of Mexico rather than dropping them off just south of the border, officials hope the immigrants might not be as eager to try and cross the border again.

"The goal is to discourage illegal entry into the United States and also to save lives," said Homeland Security Under Secretary Asa Hutchinson.

But immigrants interviewed on one repatriation flight (search) told FOX News they're likely to try again to slip back into the United States.

"I came here for a job. There's no work in Mexico City. I'm going to try again in the end of December, but it's not going to be through the desert," one immigrant said through a translator.

Kicking them out the cargo door over Oaxaca would  be a great deterent now wouldn't it.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:22:05 AM EDT
[#1]
If we dropped them off south of Mexico's Southern border, it would be even better. (that sucker is practically mined)

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:25:03 AM EDT
[#2]
give them rifles and drop them on hostile countries.   they expect another country to take care of their problems, so there, we found work for them.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:38:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I always liked the idea from Coneheads. Bury a wire under the border that sets off explosives inside captured illegals when they try and cross again.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:41:01 AM EDT
[#4]
3 million seems really high
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:50:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Should drop them off in Equador, the further away the better.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:53:58 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
If we dropped them off south of Mexico's Southern border, it would be even better. (that sucker is practically mined)

Kharn

So how well defended is MAxico's southern border, that's in interestingly hypocritical policy from their .GOV...

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:59:42 AM EDT
[#7]

So when an illegal alien wnts to go home for vacation, we now pay for it???

I am not one of the big anti-illegal alien types, I think its America. Give us your poor, blah, blah.

But once your ass gets here, you need to go home on your own dime.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top