Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2004 4:37:01 AM EDT
how many of you have the "R-Link" option on your phone??  if so....do any of you have it activated??  what are your thoughts?? how does it compare to Nextel's "walkie-talkie" feature??  thanks for any info.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:27:51 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd say, don't do it.  My phone, Sanyo RL4920, has the option but I think it's a waste of money.  You can get unlimited Sprint->Sprint for $5 of unlimited RL->RL for $15 a month.  Hmmm   both do the same thing, communicate to Sprint users for no more minutes out of your plan.  One's incredibly rude, I think, where the other is like any other use of the phone.  Mainly seen as a waste of money to me.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:40:04 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
One's incredibly rude, I think, where the other is like any other use of the phone.  

I don't have sprint, but I can comment on Nextel's direct connect feature.  While a lot of people think that Direct connect is incredibly rude, it's the user who's being rude.  All of Nextel's phones have a button that turns the speaker for direct connect off, and you can talk on it like a regular phone (just have to hit the DC button)
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:49:00 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
One's incredibly rude, I think, where the other is like any other use of the phone.  

I don't have sprint, but I can comment on Nextel's direct connect feature.  While a lot of people think that Direct connect is incredibly rude, it's the user who's being rude.  All of Nextel's phones have a button that turns the speaker for direct connect off, and you can talk on it like a regular phone (just have to hit the DC button)

EXACTLY.  I use mine like that all the time.  I was in a restaurant yesterday where some ass was having a conversation on his Nextel with the speaker turned way up.  Idiot.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:54:24 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

EXACTLY.  I use mine like that all the time.  I was in a restaurant yesterday where some ass was having a conversation on his Nextel with the speaker turned way up.  Idiot.

Just politley ask him to hit his DC speaker button.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:49:33 AM EDT
[#5]
day shift??  thoughts??  and i'm not concerned w/ who you think is rude and that kinda nonsense....i'm asking about how well does the service work as compared to nextel.  thanks
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 1:00:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I didn't even know that Sprint had that.  I wish they were all compatible (Sprint, Verizon, Nextel, AT&T, etc.).
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 3:00:25 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I didn't even know that Sprint had that.  I wish they were all compatible (Sprint, Verizon, Nextel, AT&T, etc.).

yeah, me too....i bet eventually it'll come to that.  might be like roaming..but it'll come to that.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 11:33:03 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah, me too....i bet eventually it'll come to that.  might be like roaming..but it'll come to that.

That would be nice.  Have you tried checking on some cell phone discussion forums?  I'll see if I can dig some up.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 12:21:37 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That would be nice.  Have you tried checking on some cell phone discussion forums?  I'll see if I can dig some up.

cool deal...i'll dig around and see what i can find as well.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 12:27:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 2:09:48 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
if it's like the rest of sprint's services it has to suck ass

Beer Slayer is 100% correct on this one...SPRINT SUCKS
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 2:13:02 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Beer Slayer is 100% correct on this one...SPRINT SUCKS

fuck dude.....depending on where you are...services vary...and in MY opinion...they ALL suck in one way or another...you have the choice of the lesser of several evils as far as i'm concerned......but..yet AGAIN lets try to stay on topic......i'm wondering about the R-link....thanks.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 2:26:38 PM EDT
[#13]
I heard Sprint sucks ass...

...and what's an R-link?

CHRIS
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 2:56:32 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Amen brother!

Extra options & features?!?  With Sprint!?!  Are you F-ing kidding me!?!

I'd be happy if the damn thing simply worked as a phone and didn't drop every damn call.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 2:58:58 PM EDT
[#15]
All I can add is that I love my Nextel!  I wouldn't trade DirectConnect for anything.  If this phone will do the samething, I say get it.

-REAPER2502
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top