That's it... not a damn thing...

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:17:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Great insight.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:26:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Let me help you out on this.  Women....

1.  They don't think like men.
2.  They are raised with different values then men.
3.  They can't be made to understand that they do not agree with.
4.  Men will use all their assets to negotiate for sex;  women will use sex to negotiate for assets.
5.  You can be married for 20 years to a woman and she will trust another woman she met 15 minutes ago more than she will trust you.
6.  If you fail to fulfill a promise, you are a lying sack of it; if she fails to fulfill a promise, it is because you failed her.
7.  Forever means maybe.
8.  Those things that are important to you are proof of your selfishness.  Things that are important to her should not be denied to her under any circumstance.
9.  Men marry women because they like them the way they are;  women marry men to change them.
10.  Men find reasons to be satisfied; women look for reasons to be dissatisfied.

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:34:43 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Let me help you out on this.  Women....

1.  They don't think like men.
2.  They are raised with different values then men.
3.  They can't be made to understand that they do not agree with.
4.  Men will use all their assets to negotiate for sex;  women will use sex to negotiate for assets.
5.  You can be married for 20 years to a woman and she will trust another woman she met 15 minutes ago more than she will trust you.
6.  If you fail to fulfill a promise, you are a lying sack of it; if she fails to fulfill a promise, it is because you failed her.
7.  Forever means maybe.
8.  Those things that are important to you are proof of your selfishness.  Things that are important to her should not be denied to her under any circumstance.
9.  Men marry women because they like them the way they are;  women marry men to change them.
10.  Men find reasons to be satisfied; women look for reasons to be dissatisfied.

Absolutely 100% true.

I will add one though.

11.  If you want to go out with friends and leave her at the house, you are trying to get away from her and want to hit on women.  If she wants to gou out with friends and leave you at the house, "well, you wouldn't want to hang out with a bunch of women doing girl stuff anyway".
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 4:05:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 4:07:58 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
How to deal with women:  Ignore Logic.  Think purely emotion, "the me, the now" is what they want.  also "the me, the future".

Toss aside all logical arguments on why that isn't possible and make it happen and you are the "dream guy".

I got sick of not being the "real me", so I post this message horribly single.

YMMV

"Think of a man, then take away reason and accountability."
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 4:16:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Bloody hell, guys.  My wife presents none of these difficulties.  If she wants something, she asks for it directly.  If she is mad at me about something she will say so.  We have never had an argument where we raised voices at each other and I could not begin to contemplate what would happen if we had an argument where she got really upset with me (sends me to sleep on couch).  

By and large we hold the same views on things.  None of our views are so different where we disagree that we cannot discuss things reasonably.  

Do I think I would survive cheating on her?  Hell no.  She would be waiting for me in the front yard having borrowed a weapon from the unit and cut me off at the knees and then leave me to bleed out on the front lawn (she would probably only be able to find ammo for the SAW, not the M2, she was the SAW gunners assistant before her promotion).

The only things that I find mysterious about my wife are what turns her on.  When she is on the pill she sorta indifferent about sex.  But when she is not . . . she will go through cycles where things just don't quit.  Like when I got back from BCT this summer .  . .
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 4:23:38 AM EDT
[#7]
what Mahatma8Rice said.  

this one really struck a nerve with me;
8. Those things that are important to you are proof of your selfishness. Things that are important to her should not be denied to her under any circumstance.

that describes my ex perfectly!

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 4:31:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Where was this knowledge base when I was in high school.  Thia info might have saved me some time on the learning curve.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top