Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2004 8:40:04 PM EDT
www.biblestudylessons.com/cgi-bin/gospel_way/animal_liberation.php

An issue of morality and ethics - right and wrong
As a matter of personal opinion or preference, many of us might agree with some animal rights views. We may oppose some extreme forms of animal abuse. We may prefer a vegetarian diet for health or other reasons. We may promote animal welfare, as secondary to human welfare. But none of that is the issue here.

The essential point is that animal rights groups say all these are issues of morality and ethics - right or wrong. Note some quotations from PETA web sites (emphasis added):

* PETA stands for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. ("Ethical" by definition refers to "principles of morality; pertaining to right or wrong conduct.")

* "From a moral standpoint, actions that harm others are not matters of personal choice. Murder, child abuse, and cruelty to animals are all immoral."

* "The point is not whether animal experimentation can be useful to animals or humans; the point is that we do not have the moral right to inflict unnecessary suffering on those who are at our mercy."

* "Most of us would agree that harming a dog or cat is unethical -- unChristian even ... harming any living being, including cows, chickens, pigs, and fishes, is equally immoral."

* "Humans are playing God with animals, and ethical people should have no part in it."

* "... eating animals, war, slavery, polygamy, animal sacrifice, and other practices that most people find immoral..."

* "...actions that are inherently unchristian..."

So real animal liberators see opposing viewpoints, not as personal choice, but as unethical, immoral, playing God, unChristian, and morally wrong. They liken such views to murder, child abuse, war, and polygamy.  That is the position we examine here.

Discuss....

SGt(nowwheredidIputthathamsandwitch)ar15
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 8:48:20 PM EDT
[#1]
PETA? The Org whose senior female leader had herself deliberately sterilized because HumanKind is Evil?
PETA? The Org that trumpets and facilitates the "successes" of domestic terrorists ELF / ALF?
PETA? The Org that hands cartoon images of animal butchery to grade-school kids to terrify them?
PETA? The Org that sets free infected and dying lab animals, disrupting critical research and dooming the animals to an even swifter Death?
PETA? The ORg that places higher value on animal life, than Human life?

PETA had nothing to teach about Morals and Ethics.

(munches this ham sandwich I just found)
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 8:59:22 PM EDT
[#2]
"So real animal liberators see opposing viewpoints, not as personal choice, but as unethical, immoral, playing God, unChristian, and morally wrong. They liken such views to murder, child abuse, war, and polygamy. That is the position we examine here."

Man isn't playing God with animals,God is playing God with animals.
And he directed what was to be done with them by us.

GM
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 9:02:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Rolling around naked with animals while someone takes pictures...
Morals and ethics?
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 9:05:57 PM EDT
[#4]
all I have to say is People Eating Tasty Animals
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 9:08:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I treat animals ethically. I never strike them without cause, and never shoot at them unless I believe I can do the job right the first time.

I have passed up five shots a moose in two years because the shot was unethical. I will not shoot through trees of brush.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 9:17:34 PM EDT
[#6]
hehe PETA is what made me wind up on this board.   The agnostic board I was on has an extremely vocal contingent of people who think vegetarianims/veganism is the only moral choice. I was told I was no different than a nazi for eating meat :P

gotta love extremists, no matter what the type, they are all good for a laugh

Link Posted: 8/23/2004 9:18:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 9:23:52 PM EDT
[#8]
PETA members are hypocrites.

The only way animals will be safe from humans is if humans don't exist.

All PETA members should kill themselves as a political statement.

Link Posted: 8/23/2004 10:15:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Nuking a burger as we speak.  I will share it with my unethical immoral dog, who likes meat too.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 10:47:46 PM EDT
[#10]
This says it all, and recomends a plan of action.

sponsor a veggie
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 11:19:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Being as how humans have sharp incisors and flatter molars in the back of our mouths, it is obvious we are meant to eat vegtables AND meat.

How is a lion tearing out a zebra's throat while it tries to run away humane, while a human eating a cow(which is killed MUCH faster and with less pain) is EEEEEEEvil?

The only thing I don't like is animals being raised via cruel methods-hence I don't handle veal. I also do not touch commerically raised chicken either because they are raised in VERY terrible ways.

However, I just make my choices and educate people when they ask me about it-I don't go around being a terrorist!

If they did  things in a repsectfull way, they would be taken seriously..heck, they are even laughed at in the PRK!
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 11:30:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Well, I do have one good thing to say about PITA, Damn they have some hot chicks!!!
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 11:56:56 PM EDT
[#13]
"It Takes All Kind Of Critters To Make Farmer Vincent Fritters! Meat's Meat and a Man's Gotta Eat! ..."  From the flick "Motel Hell", which should be compulsory viewing for PETA and would help them understand the big bad ole world.

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 12:09:15 AM EDT
[#14]

- BUCC_Guy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top