Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2004 8:27:37 PM EDT
I replied in another thread suggesting the gentleman get a Sten. Actually, I AM seeking a kit to build one. I've been told the Mark II's are the most desireable, though I haven't been able to find one. Anyone ever build one, and how do you like it? Any Mark II's still out there?

AB
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 9:13:35 PM EDT
[#1]
you can build a sten out of simple muffler pipe if you really wanted to. most ppl that buld them use steel pipe or something similar. however, in doing so youre doing a big no-no b/c of the fact that this is building an illegal machine gun. it fires on an open bolt so configuring a sten for semi-auto fire is totally illogical-it could be done but wouldnt be easy. as for the kit itself, you can buy one almost anywhere. unfortunately, the barrel is less than 16 inches, as i stated before it is a full auto gun so even owning pipe and a rewelded kit to build one can get you hit with "intent to manufacture a machinegun" so either way, unless you could make it semi-auto and place a 16" barrel on it, its impossible to do it legally.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 9:14:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I saw another thread on it.  I think it cost approx $400 to build a legal Semiauto sten.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 9:20:54 PM EDT
[#3]
the only good kit i found for a mark 2 was made by catco,But the don't sell them anymore. You can find catco kits already built for around $600 -$800
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:18:28 AM EDT
[#4]
I guess THAT idea was a bad one. Thanks for the help.
AB
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:35:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Aside from the novelty and historic value why would anyone want a semi Sten? These were cheap, crappy guns from the get go. For the money I'm sure there are much better 9mm alternatives.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:40:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:23:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
www.semiautosten.com

Thanks for the heads-up!

AB
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top