Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2004 5:24:41 PM EDT
www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/0/EBA84E35154C23A480256EF9006FE031!opendocument

BALDWINS SPLIT ON POLITICS  

Actor STEPHEN BALDWIN is set to cause more than a little political friction in the ranks of the movie family - he's scheduled to appear among the stars at the upcoming Republican Party convention in New York.

Baldwin's brother ALEC, a fervent Democrat, appeared at the Democratic National Convention (DNC) in Boston, Massachusetts, last month (JUL04), but had no idea his sibling was set to make a stand against his politics.

Country duo BROOKS + DUNN, LEE ANN WOMACK, Latin gospel singer JACI VELASQUEZ and Christian rock group THIRD DAY will be performing at the convention, while staunch Republican celebrities like Stephen, WAYNE NEWTON and actress BO DEREK are planning to make appearances to prove the Republicans have their celebrity support too.

NATALIE PORTMAN, LEONARDO DiCAPRIO, Alec and BEN AFFLECK were among the wealth of stars supporting presidential hopeful JOHN KERRY at the Democratic Conference.

23/08/2004 21:21

Link Posted: 8/23/2004 5:29:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Isn't one of em' suppose to be a Christian now? I saw one of em'(I think it was the one that was in "Bio Dome" with Polly Shore) at the Drags yesterday talking about making videos with a Christian theme to reach kids. I don't know, it gets so confusing with "Starts" jumpin' around from one thing to another each week. One week they're Vegitairian then the next they're on an all meat diet, then they're buddist or what ever then they change.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 5:34:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, that was Stephan that was in Bio-Dome. Hadn't heard anything about any of them being Christian or not. And certainly never expected any of the Baldwin boys to be a Repub, but I do like Stephan. Unlike his older brother.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 5:35:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Piss on Alec!
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 5:39:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Alec can take a flying leap off a tall bridge. Anybody ever see his tirade on a late night talk show where he started screaming that Republican Henry Hyde (among others) and his family should be led out to the village square and all of them shot to death?
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 5:42:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Saw him several days ago in the movie "Along came Polly". He looks like a fat disgusting pig like
Michael Moore. I'm still waiting for him to move out of the country. I'll help him pack. I think Kim
Basinger got tired of his panty-waist bullshit and finally moved on. Rant off.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 5:43:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Unfortunately, in Hollyweird there are more Dems than Republicans, and if there are Republicans, they keep themselves under wrap for the obvious reason they don't want to be ostracized. Even heavy duty pro-gun actors have taken a career hit, and a great number of them are retired and no longer in the business.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 5:46:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Bo Derek.... woot.

All we need is Michelle Malkin... in a bikini.

- BUCC_Guy
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 5:48:05 PM EDT
[#8]

I saw Stephen Baldwin in a movie that was playing on EWTN or some similar channel- kinda surprised me.  Maybe it was an advertisment.  I believe he's a decent guy.  

Link Posted: 8/23/2004 5:52:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Stephen's role as McManus in the Usual Suspects was way cooler than anything Alec has ever done.

"One, two, three...six, seven...Oswlad was a fag."
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:28:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Stephen has given his life over to the Lord..He is a Born Again Christian...

He's even starting a ministry and doing a bit of preaching...

Good for him!
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:31:28 PM EDT
[#11]
We've got Wayne Newton on our side.....Nothing can stop us now!
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:38:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Cool...at least the WHOLE Baldwin family is not retarded.
I wonder where Billy Baldwin stands?

Too bad the NUGE isnt playing at the RNC.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:38:54 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Piss on Alec!

ok, will do, wheres he at
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 10:08:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Fucker should be in France somewhere getting sodomized by French women....

Quoted:

Quoted:
Piss on Alec!

ok, will do, wheres he at

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 4:16:15 AM EDT
[#15]
I knew I liked Wayne for a reason.....
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 4:33:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Good for Stephen!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:08:56 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Bo Derek.... woot.

All we need is Michelle Malkin... in a bikini.

- BUCC_Guy

What we need is Bo and Michelle hugging and kissing.....
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:11:38 AM EDT
[#18]
I knew a soldier returning from Iraq for two weeks of leave, he was flying in uniform.  At one of the airports he was approached by none other than Stephen Baldwin, who thanked him for his service!  I did not know he was a Republican then, but I remembered that story because I thought all Baldwins were hippie fags.  

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:13:19 AM EDT
[#19]
dupe
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:14:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Yep, Stephen is a Christian, at least he claims to be one, and from what little I've seen of him I haven't seen anything that would contradict his claims.

I saw him interviewd on the news a few months back and he was talking about it. Can't remember what channel though. Good for him!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:31:19 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Too bad the NUGE isnt playing at the RNC.

As much as I like Tedly VonNuggentburger, I think we need to keep the wraps on him until after the election is over! Middle America is ready for that bucket of cold water.

But, if he were to annouce his cantidacy for Govoner of Michigan, then that would be a different story!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:48:50 AM EDT
[#22]
I know they aren't related, but where does Adam Baldwin stand on the issues?
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:46:32 AM EDT
[#23]
A long time ago, I saw an HBO behind-the-scenes deal on the Usual Suspects...IIRC, Stephen talked about having had previous weapons training and being an avid shooter.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:01:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Entertainers should really stick to entertaining.  I don't give a flying f@#k about their politics and they all sound like a bunch of morons.

ETA, Alec B is a sh!thead
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:03:43 AM EDT
[#25]
You know what sucks about being a Baldwin?
Nothing!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:48:08 AM EDT
[#26]
  Yeah, I saw him at a Christian convention a few months back, in Indianapolis.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top