Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2004 4:00:34 PM EDT
The condensation pan under the blower/fan is all of a sudden overflowing with water.  This has never happened before. What should I do to clear the drain line? Bleach? Looks like mold may be the culprit.  

Any help would be appreciated.  Oh, I live in a very humid climate and it's been raining a lot lately.

Thanks,
bd
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 4:02:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 4:03:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Being in Houston, I get this quite often.  I use my wet dry vac to clear out the line.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 4:04:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, major hassle because of its location.  I was looking for a quick fix until I can really spend some time on it.  I'll try the wet vac. Thanks for the help.

bd
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 4:04:41 PM EDT
[#4]
What car?
Not that it matter much anyway, you get under the car and find the 2 drains.  Then you shove a coat hanger up them to clear them.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 4:11:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 4:11:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 4:19:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Just don't use your lips!

Your drain should be 3/4" PVC and it should have a trap in it.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 4:32:07 PM EDT
[#8]
wet/dry vac.  Make yourself an adaptor from a reducer that they sell for using household vac attachments on your shop vac.  Take that and a piece of clear hose and hook it up to the PVC that is on the outside of the house.

suck out the tube, then pour in a gallon of bleach, and after a bit suck that out.

Open up the AC unit.  See all those copper pipes inside?  See all that dust and shit all over the pipes?  suck all that dust out of there.

Then every couple of months pour some bleach down the tube to kill off the mold.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:09:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top