Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2004 3:03:17 PM EDT
www.burrforsenate.com/issues.html

Second Amendment Rights

Ever since I was a young man, I have been a hunter and a sportsman.  I believe in teaching the next generation of Americans proper respect for firearms and about the heritage and freedom that our forefathers gave us with the Second Amendment.

I am also one of the leading supporters of Second Amendment rights in the House of Representatives. Like my friends at the National Rifle Association, I believe that gun-banning is wrong and I have always fought to protect the rights of gun owners.  That is why I have consistently received “A” ratings from the National Rifle Association while serving in Congress.

When guns get into the hands of criminals, I also believe in punishing them to the full extent of what the law will allow. I have consistently voted to strengthen the ability of law enforcement to deal with criminals and those who bring firearms onto school property.

I firmly believe that our constitution gives law-abiding Americans the right to own and carry a firearm.  And I firmly believe that efforts to restrict your Second Amendment rights are always the wrong answer.

My legislative record as a 10-year Congressman is peppered with evidence of my supportive for the rights of gun owners.  Here are several strong examples:

·         H.R. 218   Enables qualified current and former law enforcement officers to be exempt from State laws prohibiting the carrying of concealed handguns. (108th , 107th Congresses)  

·         H.R. 1036   Protects gun manufacturers from outrageous lawsuits brought because of the misuse of firearms. (108th , 107th and 106th Congresses )

·         H.R. 3125   Prohibits U. S. taxpayer dollars from being used by any U. S. official to promote any action by the United Nations which advocates the taxation of firearms or any other abrogation of rights under the Second Amendment to the Constitution.  (108th Congress)

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top