Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2004 2:29:05 PM EDT
Anyone else get it? I think it is on Sirius Satellite Radio only. But it is great. They talk about all the gun issues, have gun segments and have shows where they talk about guns. It is on the Patriot Channel. Pretty cool because they do sort of  protest - warrioresque interviews with both the left and the right. Today they interviewed people in Washington DC where they asked about the correlation btw the gun ban in DC and increased crime Vs the conceal carry in Virginia right across the river and how it is a deterrent to crime. Damn liberals will not admit there is a connection and their answer is almost always "more police" - ha!.

Anyway, good programming if you have Sirius (not sure if it is on XM)
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 2:38:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I wish I could, but I just refuse to pay for radio on principle. I know it isn't traditional radio, but I don't need any extra bills. If they'd call it something besides radio, I might reconsider.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 2:44:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, it is pretty much free from commercials so you don't get innundated with that, and the channels that do have commercials are the talk ones obviously, and they need to because of the station breaks where you normally would have a commercial on regular radio, but sirius mostly uses their own commercials, such as what is on other channels, or they put on a news broadcast. But sometimes there is a regular commercial. And like I said for NRA radio, some commercial time is eaten up with these nra interviews.

But they also have Fox news channel, discovery, BBC, etc. All the music channels are commercial free. So I am willing to pay not to hear 5 minutes of commercials every 15 minutes like on regular radio. I can understand not paying for extra stuff, and that is cool.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 2:47:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I believe you can hear the same broadcast here:
www.nranews.com/nra.html
(the live shows)
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 3:06:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Yup, that is the same one. You can listen to it on demand there which is pretty cool. It is nice to be able to listen to it in the car, but also nice to have access to it on the net. Thanks for the link man
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top