Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/23/2004 1:59:08 PM EDT
The guy appears to be on the verge of a total meltdown, Dean-style. I am waiting for that  hairpiece to spontaneously combust!
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 2:00:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Is Botox flammable?
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 2:01:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Dole told Hannity about a conversation he had with Kerry this morning.

Monday, Aug. 23, 2004 4:42 p.m. EDT
Dole Defends Swiftees in Call From Kerry

Presidential candidate John Kerry telephoned former Sen. Bob Dole this morning to complain about Dole's demand a day earlier that he apologize to Vietnam veterans for protesting the war, the one-time Republican presidential candidate revealed Monday afternoon.

"John Kerry called me this morning, which surprised me," Dole told radio host Sean Hannity.

"He said he was very disappointed, we'd been friends. I said John, we're still friends, but [the Swiftvets] have First Amendment rights, just as your people have First Amendment rights.
Dole told Kerry, "I'm not trying to stir anything up, but I don't believe every one of these people who have talked about what happened are Republican liars.

"And very frankly, Bush is my guy, and I'm tired of people on your side calling him everything from a coward to a traitor to everything - a deserter."

Dole said he urged Kerry, "Why don't you call George Bush today and say, 'Mr. President, let's stop all this stuff about the National Guard and Vietnam - and let's talk about the issues."

Dole said Kerry responded, "I haven't spent one dime attacking President Bush."

But the Republican war hero shot back, "You don't have to. You've got all the so-called mainstream media, plus you've got MoveOn.org and all these other groups that have spent millions and millions of dollars trying to tarnish Bush's image."

"Don't tell me you don't know what some of these people are doing," he told Kerry.

"Everybody likes quiet heroes," Dole added, saying he told Kerry, "John, everybody knows you were in Vietnam and the less you say about it, the better."

Dole said he tried to end the tense conversation cordially by telling Kerry, "I wish you good luck, up to a point."

www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/8/23/165046.shtml
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 2:04:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 2:04:53 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

"John Kerry called me this morning, which surprised me," Dole told radio host Sean Hannity.

"He said he was very disappointed, we'd been friends. I said John, we're still friends, but [the Swiftvets] have First Amendment rights, just as your people have First Amendment rights.
Dole told Kerry, "I'm not trying to stir anything up, but I don't believe every one of these people who have talked about what happened are Republican liars.

"And very frankly, Bush is my guy, and I'm tired of people on your side calling him everything from a coward to a traitor to everything - a deserter."

Dole said he tried to end the tense conversation cordially by telling Kerry, "I wish you good luck, BITCH!"

Link Posted: 8/23/2004 2:06:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Man, Dole said it all when he said that. And he did so kindly and gently, but bluntly. I hope this gets lots of air time. Dole's words to Kerry are truthful and compassionate, far more so than anyone on the left has said about Bush. So it doesn't look like the republicans are being the bastards here to me.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 2:07:48 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Not only is Dole an American hero but he's a gentleman and a statesman in the truest sense.

+1
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 2:09:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Bob Dole knows what is true heroism.  He's lived it.  

HE HAS EARNED the right to be called a war hero.  Yet, to my knowledge, he's never made too much of a big deal about it.  I seem to remember that when he was ruuning for pres., it was the media who gave his war deeds some play, but even not too much at that.  

Link Posted: 8/23/2004 2:10:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Not only is Dole an American hero but he's a gentleman and a statesman in the truest sense.

+1

A real WAR HERO such as Dole doesn't need to talk about it like Kerry does.   Doles military service speaks for itself.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 2:12:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Presidential candidate John Kerry telephoned former Sen. Bob Dole this morning to complain about Dole's demand a day earlier that he apologize to Vietnam veterans for protesting the war, the one-time Republican presidential candidate revealed Monday afternoon.

Dole said he urged Kerry, "Why don't you call George Bush today and say, 'Mr. President, let's stop all this stuff about the National Guard and Vietnam - and let's talk about the issues."

But the Republican war hero shot back, "You don't have to. You've got all the so-called mainstream media, plus you've got MoveOn.org and all these other groups that have spent millions and millions of dollars trying to tarnish Bush's image."

"Don't tell me you don't know what some of these people are doing," he told Kerry.

"Everybody likes quiet heroes," Dole added, saying he told Kerry, "John, everybody knows you were in Vietnam and the less you say about it, the better."

Dole said he tried to end the tense conversation cordially by telling Kerry, "I wish you good luck, up to a point."

Excellent job Bob Dole!

Link Posted: 8/23/2004 2:12:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 2:13:55 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Selected "Non-Attacking" Quotes By Hanoi-John Kerry:

"...we need a regime change in the United States"

"...he built a fraudulent coalition"

"My God, what's the matter with the values of these people? This is the most screwed-up, misplaced values"

"I left some blood on a battlefield that President Bush never left anywhere."

"I don't need any lessons in patriotism or in caring about America from the likes of the right wing."

"[I  won't] be silenced by their fake-patriotism argument"

"This administration is running the most arrogant, inept, reckless, ideological foreign policy in the modern history of this country"

"The arrogance, and the sheer sort of, almost stupidity of it, is stunning"

"Did I expect George Bush to fuck it up as badly as he did? I don't think anybody did."

"Worse than incompetent. Clouded by ideological excess, a misinterpretation of history, a willful denial of facts"

"...the president and his henchmen, decided today to question my commitment to the defense of our nation,"

"This president lives out a creed of greed for he and his friends.... You know what I call that? Unpatriotic."

"...given the record of this administration and their stunning lack of vision, the Republican attack machine may well have no choice but to resort to smear and fear."

"These guys are the most crooked, you know, lying group I've ever seen."

Link Posted: 8/23/2004 2:17:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Bush SHOULD apologize for the SwiftBoat ads...
as soon as Kerry apologizes for MM's bullshiite accusations in "Fahrenheit 911"
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 2:24:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Anyone offer sKerry a little vaseline?

Great going Dole!!
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 2:26:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Another interesting fact worthy of mention, if the democrats believe so strongly that service in war time and being the recipient of medals should be a prerequisite to becoming president, why were they not making that argument in 1996 when they were running Clinton against Dole? I don't remember Dole bragging about his record. At least Bush served in the national guard. What did Clinton do? Nuff said about that.

Bob Dole lost the use of his right arm due to his wounds. That's deserving of a purple heart. And like Dole said, "John Kerry has 3 purple hearts and to my knowledge never lost a drop of blood". I guess Kerry considers a tiny shaving of one of his own grenade fragments (a fragment of a fragment?) that penetrates as deep as a gnat bite and happens to stick in his skin worthy of praise. If that's all he has to brag about, he should seriously keep his mouth shut or at least change the subject.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 2:28:14 PM EDT
[#15]
[dole]Bob dole thinks kerry is a pussy[/dole]
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 2:31:08 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"My God, what's the matter with the values of these people? This is the most screwed-up, misplaced values"

"I don't need any lessons in patriotism or in caring about America from the likes of the right wing."

"This administration is running the most arrogant, inept, reckless, ideological foreign policy in the modern history of this country"

"Did I expect George Bush to fuck it up as badly as he did? I don't think anybody did."

"Worse than incompetent. Clouded by ideological excess, a misinterpretation of history, a willful denial of facts"

"...the president and his henchmen, decided today to question my commitment to the defense of our nation,"

"This president lives out a creed of greed for he and his friends.... You know what I call that? Unpatriotic."

"...given the record of this administration and their stunning lack of vision, the Republican attack machine may well have no choice but to resort to smear and fear."

members.cox.net/themacallan/KerrySalute.jpg

It's hard to tell if John is actually saluting something, but if he is, it's about the most ragged salute I've ever seen. Boy scouts do it better. My grandmother does it better, as a matter of fact.  And she's never worn a pair of jungle boots. My boy John. What can I say...?

Link Posted: 8/23/2004 2:34:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Good job Bob, you are a real hero !
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 2:41:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Who sent all the trolls home?  Here trolly trolly trolly.  Guess this one hurt a bit.

I think ol Bob got ferry about stump broke.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 2:47:18 PM EDT
[#19]
i still think it's disgusting bob dole lost to bill clinton
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 2:53:36 PM EDT
[#20]

on Special Report they just joked that his ass shrapnel might have been rice and not grenade pieces
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 2:57:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Damn sounds like is been a bad day for Kerry.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 3:01:20 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 3:01:48 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Yup...but people were in the mood for "old school" anymore.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 3:04:19 PM EDT
[#24]
It's too bad Mr. Dole didn't get elected.

He's also a very funny guy, but it took the Daily Show to bring us that side of him. I hope he'll be involved with their election coverage this year.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 3:05:00 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

To take an R. Lee Ermey quote and sort of change it a tad to fit this situation..............

Candidate Kerry, what ever you do, don't melt down. That would break my fucking heart!
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 3:05:03 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+3

He is a class act kind of guy
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 3:11:50 PM EDT
[#27]
i hope he has a bad day tomorrow too
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 3:14:49 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

It is, but you have to remember he was going against Slick Willie.
No way would have Dole won.
Dole appeared rather crotchety and grumpy compared to "I feel your pain"
clinton.
All the soccer mommies got moist over clinton and the rest is history...
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 3:15:53 PM EDT
[#29]
People would rather have a President proving he can get it up on his own by humping every peice of ass he see's, than a President who is against pre-marital sex.

I refer to a MADTv sketch I saw during the Dole/Clinton race.  I'd say audience reaction and general portrayal summed it up.

Its really a miracle that Bush got elected at all considering what a moral, outspoken Christian he is.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 3:16:47 PM EDT
[#30]
On top of being a traitor has any one noticed how goofy a fuckup kerry is?
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 3:26:07 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

members.cox.net/themacallan/KerrySalute.jpg

It's hard to tell if John is actually saluting something, but if he is, it's about the most ragged salute I've ever seen. Boy scouts do it better. My grandmother does it better, as a matter of fact.  And she's never worn a pair of jungle boots. My boy John. What can I say...?

That was one fucked up salute, hell I can do better than that and I'm in the AF.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 3:31:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 3:31:20 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

To take an R. Lee Ermey quote and sort of change it a tad to fit this situation..............

Candidate Kerry, what ever you do, don't melt down. That would break my fucking heart!

Hilarious!  

I think the real point here that EVERYONE in the Democratic race is missing is simply that Kerry brought this on himself.  One of his "strong points" against Bush was his service in Vietnam, which he planned to use as his trump card against Bush's NG service.  Kerry clearly wants the focus to be on his war record, not on his pathetic  Senate record.  He wanted people to look at his war record, and they damn sure are now.  

Oh, by the way, thanks Dole!!
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 3:36:10 PM EDT
[#34]
If only this conversation made it into the papers... THAT would be some sodomizing right thar.

Ouch.  

- BUCC_Guy

Link Posted: 8/23/2004 5:20:19 PM EDT
[#35]

If I were John I'd just get so mad I'd take my toys and go home.

(So what're you waiting for, John. Get mad....)    

If this is all the United States can find to run for President, I would have to say we're in a sorry shape, boys and girls.

Link Posted: 8/23/2004 5:26:31 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

And the sorry bastages tried to make him out to be a 'traitor and unfit for command'.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 5:29:01 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
[dole]Bob dole thinks kerry is a pussy[/dole]

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 5:32:43 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

agreed 110%
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 5:35:46 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And the sorry bastages tried to make him out to be a 'traitor and unfit for command'.

What are you talking about? Come again?
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 5:39:26 PM EDT
[#40]
If you were married to Teresa Heinz Ketchup you might consider sodomy too.

Well maybe not.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 5:42:18 PM EDT
[#41]

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 5:44:33 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What are you talking about? Come again?

Trying to make Bob Dole out to be 'not as good a candidate' as that sorry lowlife POS that fled the Country instead of serving.

Have y'all already forgotten about what happened?

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 5:50:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Man, talk about getting Bitch Slapped! Between Dole, McCain, Tommie Franks and the rest of the word, I'd say the Dems set Kerry up the bomb. Maybe the Dems were tired of hearing him pout and whine about being Presidential material so they set him up to take the fall & ruin his political career once and for all. Geesh, if I was Kerry, I'd be looking for Judas by now.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 5:54:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Their boy's going down.
In flames no less.
I bet 3 of the docs I work with today that Bush wins. Heheh. Easy money at this point.
Trying to get some of the others here to put up also. I'm a little outnumbered.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:10:38 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
If you were married to Teresa Heinz Ketchup you might consider sodomy too.

Well maybe not.

"Stick it in her squeeze bottle and post pics"

Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:20:34 PM EDT
[#46]
That's not a salute....He's shielding his eyes from the bright lights so he can count how many people are flipping him off....
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:29:30 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
...."Everybody likes quiet heroes," Dole added, saying he told Kerry, "John, everybody knows you were in Vietnam and the less you say about it, the better."...

Well-meant words of wisdom that Kerry should heed, but won’t!!
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:29:31 PM EDT
[#48]

I heard the interview, Senator Dole went on to say Kerry has to focus on the war record because Kerry has nothing to show for his time in the senate. Kerry has no major legislation with his name on it. Dole was great with his presentation.

Hannity also had on a POW who first heard Kerry's 1971 congressional testimony  over the loudspeaker in the POW camp. The former POW said Kerry and others like him obviously gave the North Vietnamese hope for a victory, which made them hold out longer. The former POW wondered how many hundreds of American lives, and thousands of Vietnamese lives were lost because of Kerry.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:32:24 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

What a guy.  It's his soft spoken way that wins me over - and he is every bit the war hero Kerry or McCain is...
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:51:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top