Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/31/2001 8:50:55 PM EDT
I'm thinking of putting up my M1 for trade for an M1A.  It's a DCM gun, with paperwork, original shipping box, cleaning kit, etc. in VG shape.  Produced in 1945 by Springfield, all Springfield parts, walnut stock.  The barrel gauges at a 3.  Any idea of how much to ask or how much to add to it for a trade for an M1A?  Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks,
jd1  
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 9:25:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Ballpark, $650-$700.  YMMV.  Don't get rid of it, keep it and save for the M1A.  If you get rid of it you will be sorry later.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 9:46:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Chairborne Ranger:
Ballpark, $650-$700.  YMMV.  Don't get rid of it, keep it and save for the M1A.  If you get rid of it you will be sorry later.
View Quote

I agree with Chairborne Ranger. I have 6 M1 Garands and 4 M1A's and would not part with any of them. But, if I had to for some reason, get rid of all but one gun, I would keep my M1A National Match!
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 9:55:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I've never traded or sold a gun.  I'm too afraid that I'll regret it after it's gone....
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 10:01:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Chairborne Ranger:
View Quote

I agree with the previous 3 poseters.  If you like a gun don't get rid of it. Just save for the next one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top