Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2004 8:51:30 AM EDT
On MSNBC now - Germany tied the game 1-1 at the very end of the game.  So now it's on to two 15-minute halves of overtime.

Link Posted: 8/23/2004 9:31:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Are they gonna get paid for that overtime?!?!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 9:32:29 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
On MSNBC now - Germany tied the game 1-1 at the very end of the game.  So now it's on to two 15-minute halves of overtime.

keep us updated....no MSNBC here
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 9:34:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 11:10:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Lousy Krauts.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 11:45:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the heads-up.

I've been watching a lot of soccer lately since I have FSN and there's something I noticed in the difference between English soccer (EPL) and German soccer (Bundesliga).

The English like to spend more time "cutely" working the ball downfield which is OK and certainly LOOKS cool, except that it also gives the defenders more time to react and cover their positions. Thus, the offensive zone is clogged with bodies and it's tougher to score.

The Germans, OTOH, like the fast attack. Get the ball in their own end and BOOM up the field to try and catch the opposing team up in the offensive zone and therefore shorthanded or with little defensive help, and fewer bodies in the way.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 12:18:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Remember the womens' world cup soccer in 1998 against China? 0-0 the whole match, then almost an hour of overtime.

Man, the most thrilling, suspenseful sports match I ever saw in my life..................for me to poop on.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 12:30:22 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
US just won 2-1.

Link Posted: 8/23/2004 12:37:05 PM EDT
[#8]
HEY!!!

US Women's softball team won the gold and we have two women's beach vollyball teams in the medal rounds one going for gold, one for bronze.

US men swept the 400 meter dash.

U S A! U S A! U S A!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top