Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2004 8:22:17 PM EDT
If just 20% of the book is true so far, it would still make Kerry one of the most worthless sacks of shit to have ever walked this earth.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 8:25:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Care to share a few details?
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 8:27:04 PM EDT
[#2]
i don't doubt a word of it..................

SSG. Gibson is on arfcom now though, look him up!  

bigcountryin_tx
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 8:36:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know if my stomach could take it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 8:44:29 PM EDT
[#4]
According to the book, which is very well written and credits mainly direct first hand sources, Kerry is a total "confabulator". He has written about non-existent conversations with other officers, non-existent missions and conflicts. He has been pushing his own heroic fables so long that he believes them. I don't want to give a verbatim report because the authors have objectively done a very good job in debunking the crap Kerry has written, and a synopsis would not do the book justice. A good read, unless you are emotionally attached to JFK. This book will sicken all those who read it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 9:14:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, at least you guys get to read it.  Where I live, the big chains are refusing to sell it!!!  I'll trade a pre-ban Colt for a copy when you are done reading it?????
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 9:16:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought my copy saturday afternoon at Barnes and Noble in Lynnwood WA, they had lots of copies. I do hear its backordered big time.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 9:18:38 PM EDT
[#7]
George Soros has funneled an estimated $60M through his 527 Moveon.org for anti-W propaganda.

Swiftboats spent  maybe a few $100k, and have totally pissed of John "F'n Cry Baby" Kerry.

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 9:18:41 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Well, at least you guys get to read it.  Where I live, the big chains are refusing to sell it!!!  I'll trade a pre-ban Colt for a copy when you are done reading it?????

Fi you want I'll try to get by the bookstores here and check.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 9:18:53 PM EDT
[#9]
TX,

I plan on sending out some more stuff soon. I will stuff a box for Gibson again, maybe he can give some requests?

AZ- I hassled at least 2 stores into ordering some and then just got mine online from Amazon. That way I figure the local stores will have some on display!
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 12:43:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 12:49:52 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
George Soros has funneled an estimated $60M through his 527 Moveon.org for anti-W propaganda.

Swiftboats spent  maybe a few $100k, and have totally pissed of John "F'n Cry Baby" Kerry.

At least $12 million in 2004 alone, which is 2$ million less than Peter Lewis of Progressive Insurance.

www.opensecrets.org/527s/527indivs.asp?cycle=2004
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 2:34:09 AM EDT
[#12]
It gets worse.  I had to put my copy down for a bit.  It just pissed me off. The dems will try to confuse the issue and have party faithful make counter charges.  No matter what they do, they cannot deny that Kerry was in the Naval Reserve and met with North Vietnamese officials in Paris in 1970.  I'm sure he did it without the permission of the Navy and directly contacted representatives of country with which we were at war.  That has got to be in violation of the UCMJ.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 3:03:09 AM EDT
[#13]
I got one at Books A Million.  They had 3 copies.  I asked why and the manager said the publisher was taken off guard by the popularity of it, so they are running behind.  They have had LOTS of people asking about it.

This guy (Kerry) is a self-serving weasel.  There was definitely no "Band of Brothers" spirit within his cold, black heart.

You have to read this book to really "appreciate" how low he can go.

He has no honor.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 3:27:23 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
He has no honor.

Believe you'd find it hard now days to name a POLITICIAN that possesses this virtue.

Ron Paul comes to mind here in Texas, but he's the only one I can think of in my state.

Mike
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 3:29:02 AM EDT
[#15]
I bought a copy at B&N in Plano, TX, Saturday.  I finished it that night.  The Left is bitching about the value of his metals because they don't want the topic to shift to his post-VN activities.  Just wait until you read about his contacts with the NVN Commies in Paris not only while American troops were still dying over there but while he was still a recallable part of the the Navy Reserve.  Hell, he wasn't released from Navy obligations until 1978.

Kerry makes Clinton look like a mischievous boy.  He makes Carter look like Winston Churchill.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 5:10:14 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
He has no honor.

Believe you'd find it hard now days to name a POLITICIAN that possesses this virtue.

Ron Paul comes to mind here in Texas, but he's the only one I can think of in my state.

Mike

Honor has no room for expediency or political correctness.  It is intolerant of moral relativism and situational ethics.  

Thus, it is indeed a sadly rare quality these days.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:30:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Damnit, I can't get a copy yet in KC.  Borders is sold out and the book is on backorder from them.  There were people standing in line to put their names on the list.  Of course as the DNC says, there is no interest in this for the American public.  Nope, none at all.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:37:09 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
He has no honor.

Mike

I found one easily

If you don't think GWB has honor then I think that says more about you than it does about GWB.

SGtar15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top