Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2004 7:29:46 PM EDT
All I know about Airsoft was in that article in Shotgun News about a month ago. Never owned one, never seen one (except the AA-battery cheapos at fun shows). BUT...

It occurs to me that folks around here have contempt and disdain for airsoft for the same reason that performance car enthusiasts hate "ricers." i.e. all-show-and-no-go.

That seem about right?
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:33:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:35:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Naaaa, ricers come with a lack of taste, a lack of style and too much ego and attitude.  Airsofts are just toys, but I don't see them bashed around here...only the accessories sold for airsofts that then make their way to the real gun market.  Then again I may be wrong.

Airsofts have their place, how else can you aim an M4 or a G36 at your dog and squeeze the trigger when he's trying to pee on your sneakers?  
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:35:34 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Airsofters can do whatever they want with their time and  money.

I have more distain for cheapskate gun
owners that think Airsoft toys on a real gun are a substitute for the real thing.

+1
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:35:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Hell, I'm an active duty infantryman in the US Army... just the type of person who usually rips airsoft apart.

But I think it would be fun.  If I had the money and knew about it when I was younger I would have been all over it.  On my units last field exercise the squad was talking about how it would be a fun way to practice MOUT.

BUt there is something a bit sad about the 30+ year old fat asses running around in full battle rattle shooting little plastic BB's at each other in the woods..heh.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:42:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Airsoft is a great tool for force on force training.
Why do you guys have you panties in a wad over it?
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:43:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 8:48:44 PM EDT
[#7]
After all of these pictures of kiddies holding/sitting on a pile of Airsoft guns, I can only be slightly disgusted.

Not to mention the making of G3 pistols what whatnots.

I have no issue with simunitions and actual training... but comon... playing BB gun war with a bunch of 13 year olds?

Much respect to the police depts. and .mil folk who use it to train... this isn't about them.

- BUCC_Guy
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 8:52:44 PM EDT
[#8]
HEY if airsoft sucks.....then we should switch to BB gun games/training/wars...now IS that more MANLY
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 9:05:01 PM EDT
[#9]
This has been discussed not that long ago.

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=263927
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 4:52:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Get over it. Airsoft is what paintball started out as prior to it's PC evolution to become acceptable to soccor moms. In that shotgun news article, there is a picture of 3 guys walking infront of a house. The first guy is me. We had a large event at Marsh AFB. The same place that the Marines are currently using for pre deployment training. Yes I play airsoft. Yes I shoot real guns. Yes I have lots of them. No I don't mix airsoft with real guns.

As a training aid, airsoft allows force on force training. It's one of only a few alternatives. Semunitions are expensive and require large headgear. Paintball "markers" do not operate even remotely similar to real guns, MILES gear is to expensive.

What people need to do is separate airsoft into to groups. Their are a bunch of bonehead kids swarming out dboard being knuckleheads. They should not be confused with the second group that uses airsoft for training and or aventure gaming. You could use the same wannabee arguments against the many military video games yet that has it's own forum here.

I AGREE WITH LUMPY.....airsoft toy accessories, should not be used on real guns!

With that said, some of these airsoft players are using real accessories on airsoft guns. I've seen real ACOGS, Gen III NV, IR PEQs, etc. Now that's fucked up!

Bomber
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top