BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/22/2004 6:40:55 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:43:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Good for you.  It's a beautiful movie.

For me, it was Snatch.  At first, it seemed like a carbon copy of Ritchie's first movie, Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels.  But watching it again, I really loved it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:46:41 PM EDT
[#2]

Raiders of the lost ark. I thought it was absolutely boring the first time I watched at the drive-in. But I was with a blind date that was really, really good looking, so "movie? What movie!"

second time I watched it, I liked it.

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:47:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Sweet Home Alabama...no wait, I still hate that one.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:49:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Raiders of the lost ark. I thought it was absolutely boring the first time I watched at the drive-in. But I was with a blind date that was really, really good looking, so "movie? What movie!"

second time I watched it, I liked it.

You were bored by the BEST ACTION MOVIE EVER MADE!?!?!?!?!
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:49:29 PM EDT
[#5]

Time Bandits

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:50:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Full Metal Jacket
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:52:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:53:41 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Full Metal Jacket

You hated that the first time??

Mac, I dont think Ive SEEN Time Bandits since it came out when I was a kid

Yeah. The end is still boring as hell. I think I just hated it cuase of the stupid shit my friends were doing while we were watching it. Bad memories.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:59:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:00:22 PM EDT
[#10]
traffic. I thought Traffic was ok.

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:03:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery

Missed it in the theater, got it on the hotel PPV while on my honeymoon.  Ended up falling asleep halfway through it.  Now I can watch it time after time and not get bored.

I've only seen Full Metal Jacket one time, but I pretty much dislike it.  The first hour or so is pretty good.  The rest is crap.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:04:40 PM EDT
[#12]
The Big Lebowski.  The first time I saw it, I thought it was pretty stupid.  Several months later, I saw it on TV and loved it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:05:35 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Missed it in the theater, got it on the hotel PPV while on my honeymoon.  Ended up falling asleep halfway through it.  Now I can watch it time after time and not get bored.

I've only seen Full Metal Jacket one time, but I pretty much dislike it.  The first hour or so is pretty good.  The rest is crap.

+1 on Austin Powers , I did the same thing. Then I saw it and loved it so much I own the first 2.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:08:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Oh Brother Where Art Thou was very strange and I didn't care for it the first time but it grew on me.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:09:04 PM EDT
[#15]
The Great Escape, "watched" it (more like quickly lost attention) when I was a kid due to it being one of my dads favorite movies.  Now I like it.  Thinking of prison escape movies, Papillon comes to mind too.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:09:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Supertroopers.

I thought this was the world's dumbest movie the first time I saw it. Then the more I watch it the funnier it gets. Meow.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:10:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Got you all beat.

I hated The Matrix. Seriously. I walked out during the scene where Neo puked and spent the remainder of the time in the Arcade. Then a few years later, I decide to watch it, and I'm all "whoa."
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:18:47 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 on Austin Powers , I did the same thing. Then I saw it and loved it so much I own the first 2.

I hated that movie too, there were so many jokes recycled from Wayne's World.  EG, "Sex?"  "Yes, please!"

But it was such a funny movie to quote from and talk about, I liked it again.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:23:17 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Got you all beat.

I hated The Matrix. Seriously. I walked out during the scene where Neo puked and spent the remainder of the time in the Arcade. Then a few years later, I decide to watch it, and I'm all "whoa."

Man, you have no idea what you missed seeing it on the big screen for the first time.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:24:25 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Got you all beat.

I didn't like it at first either.  I got it on PPV one night when I was just dead ass tired.  THe plot was deeper than I expected and I didn't understand a damn thing of it since I was so tired.  Dozed off... woke up late in the movie and was totally lost.. said fuck it and went to bed.  Was disappointed with it.

Next day my dad explained it to me, I was all "whoa".. ordered it again and loved it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:49:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Way of the Gun and Resivoir Dogs.

No wait, they both still suck....
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:52:23 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Supertroopers.

I thought this was the world's dumbest movie the first time I saw it. Then the more I watch it the funnier it gets. Meow.

+1 on that one.  Remember seeing the trailers and thinking, "damn, that's gonna be an awesome flick".  Ran out and watched it the first weekend it was on the big screen...and couldn't believe I had wasted money on the ticket.

Rented it a couple of months after the DVD release for the in-laws, and fell in love with it.  Yet another comedy that I can watch time after time after time.  And pretty much have.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:53:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:57:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 8:07:34 PM EDT
[#25]
+1 Thin Red Line
+1 on SuperTroopers. I left the theatre I hated it so much. Now it is a favorite!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 8:11:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Kung Pow, Enter The Fist. Thought it was retarded, but then one night it was on cable and I watched it and laughed my ass off. Must have been on my period during the first viewing or something?
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 8:12:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Very much agree with the Thin Red Line.  Some of the actors grated me but the 3rd time I saw it i just got more and more into it.

- BUCC_Guy
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 8:16:05 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Got you all beat.

I've seen the first one a few times and the second one once.

I still don't like it that much.

Probably won't see the third.

For me it was Fight Club. First time I thought it was crap and then I watched parts of it over before I started to like it.

And also the movie Basic. First time I didn't like it but then it grew on me quite a bit.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 8:17:14 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Invasion USA.
Only seen it once.  Don't think I could resist offing myself if forced into a second viewing.
It's that bad.

Do you mean the crappy one with Chuck Norris:

Or the classic 1952 version:

www.conelrad.com/features/invasionusa/index.html

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 8:19:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Red Dawn, now I love it. By the way this is my first post.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 8:20:22 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Red Dawn, now I love it. By the way this is my first post.

Welcome!
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 8:20:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 8:24:02 PM EDT
[#33]
I think Full Metal Jacket still sucks.  It was VERY good until Gunny got shot then I thought the rest of the movie sucked.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 8:26:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 8:28:25 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I think Full Metal Jacket still sucks.  It was VERY good until Gunny got shot then I thought the rest of the movie sucked.

Everyone thinks the same thing.  But the first half of that movie was 10 times better than almost any other movie out there so it's a classic.

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 8:30:11 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Everyone thinks the same thing.  But the first half of that movie was 10 times better than almost any other movie out there so it's a classic.

I like to watch the first half and then turn it off.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 8:51:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 8:56:43 PM EDT
[#38]
I was forced to watch lost in translation, and I hated it....but the more I thought about it the more i liked it. Same thing with beautiful mind, I thought I hated it but both of them grew on me.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 8:58:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Born on the Fourth of July.  

Oh wait, I still hate that movie.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 9:01:21 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I like to watch the first half and then turn it off.

Dittos.

My pick would probably be the Blues Brothers.  I saw it when it first came out as a double feature with Caddyshack. I thought it was so-so but Caddyshack was so much better. After seeing both a few more times the movie really grew on me.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 9:04:46 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
The Mission.

The ending just pissed me off beyond belief and I thought the movie was a cop-out but, upon further review, I have changed my mind.

I honestly think that's one of the best movies ever made.  I think DeNiro's character is pure genius!  Wow!

I didn't relaly "get" Blade Runner the first time I saw it in the threatre, but have since then come to view it as an amazing movie!
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 9:09:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 9:12:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 9:14:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 9:27:32 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I honestly think that's one of the best movies ever made.  I think DeNiro's character is pure genius!  Wow!
You're right, it is an outstanding movie. It is visually stunning. The characters are interesting and the plot is compelling. Like I said, the ending pissed me off the first time I saw it. A week or so later I watched it again and it made sense to me.

I didn't relaly "get" Blade Runner the first time I saw it in the threatre, but have since then come to view it as an amazing movie!

I read the Philip K. Dick book Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep well before I saw the movie, so it made sense to me.

Wasn't there an intrueging part of the story (in the Philip K. Dick story), where Deckard himself started to wonder if perhaps HE was a replicant?

I thought that might have made the movie even more interesting!  (then again, maybe it would have made it TOO complicated)

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 9:32:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Rain Man , definitely Rain Man, yeh, Rain Man.

GM
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 10:03:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 10:10:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Donnie Darko.  Lee convinced me to watch it.  At the end of the movie, I screamed at him during the credits, "What the hell did you just make me watch?!"

A week later I rented it to show to a friend so she could see how weird I thought it was.  The next day I bought it.

Donnie's monologues are the best.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 10:11:38 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The Mission.

The ending just pissed me off beyond belief and I thought the movie was a cop-out but, upon further review, I have changed my mind.

Yeah, how he drags that armor behind him, until he finally forgives himself and shucks it?  Pretty profound movie. Very Christian.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 10:12:57 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Donnie Darko.  Lee convinced me to watch it.  At the end of the movie, I screamed at him during the credits, "What the hell did you just make me watch?!"

A week later I rented it to show to a friend so she could see how weird I thought it was.  The next day I bought it.

Donnie's monologues are the best.

I love the sound track.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top