Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2004 4:31:55 PM EDT
Anyone made one of these?  I made one this afternoon and hooked it up to a 9v battery.  It made the ammonia bubble, but not much.  I used a steel rod and noticed afterward the sticker said it was coated.  It is silvery in appearance, but is not stainless steel.  Would this cause it not to work as well?

Also, how do you use a power supply from a cordless drill battery charger or computer printer for this?  I've heard of people using it but how do you do it?  How do you tell positive and negative?
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 4:36:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 4:42:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Usually sleeve is (-) and the tip or inside part is (+).
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 4:43:53 PM EDT
[#3]
hook up a volt meter and see if it says -X/volts if it does the positive terminal is on the black lead assuming the meter is hooked up with black to - and red to +
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 4:44:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Usually sleeve is (-) and the tip or inside part is (+).

you get an oddball everyonce in a while
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top