Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2004 2:02:49 PM EDT
Was at the range today with my girlfriend, (who is really getting pretty good with the Walther P22), and had occasion to expose a couple of hunter (who needs an "assault rifle") types to some AR-15 goodness.  

I launched a couple mags full of M193 out of my M4-gery and soon had one of these fellas walk over...

"Sheeit.   That thing has a ball of fire coming out of the end.  What's your rifle?"

"Its a civvie version of the M16, semi auto... wanna try a mag full?"

"Whatchoo need that fer, anyways..."

[pointing to the guy's SUV] "Same as your vehicle, its fun..."

"Hm... OK, I'll try it out...."

[BOOM, BOOM, BOOM x 20]

[big fuckin grin on his face]  "Hot damn, that's sweet...."

"I know it is."

"Those are illegal, though, right?"  [looks around furtively]

"nope.   This is a 'post ban'    That means this here collapsable stock doesn't, there's no bayo lug, and this here's a muzzle break, not a flash suppressor.   Plus, in three weeks they'll all be legal again anyway."

"Hmm... so they banned flash hiders?  That's retarded.  Well, that's a sweet gun."

[Whereupon, the Gonzo-girlfriend relieves the gent of the rifle and knocks off a thirty round magazine.  At the 100 yard targets, we see a nice group of yellow-green dots appear on the shoot n see target. ]

[Hunter guy, still grinning.]   "Damn, that girl can shoot!    Hey Mick [his buddy] ... come check this out!"

[Buddy walks up and, on my invitation,  burns through a 20 rounder too]

[Buddy also has big fuckin grin] " Neat...   what's one of these cost anyway?"

After this exchange, I gave these guys the 411 on buying their very own bullet hose with more thrust per squeeze.    Both talked, quite seriously, about getting one.   The first guy comments gain about how owning one is "just like having a sports car or SUV, huh?!"    I agreed.

So there you have it, boys.    THE WINNING OF HEARTS AND MINDS!

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:04:03 PM EDT
[#1]
nice! keep up the good work!
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:05:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Flooding the Streets already, and there is still 3 weeks to go

Nice Job!
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:05:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I've never had a skeptic fire my AR who didn't have a shit-eating grin on afterwards.

Good work.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:07:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I've never had a skeptic fire my AR who didn't have a shit-eating grin on afterwards.

Good work.

I have never read words that were more true.......
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:11:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Great work!
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:11:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good work.

I have never read words that were more true.......

Same here.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:12:32 PM EDT
[#7]
AWSOME!

Everyone here needs to do more of this.....   80% of hunters are against us!  

We need to stop trying to make liberals into conservitives and focus more on making hunters more Pro-2nd Ammendment and NRA Members!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:28:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Good on you
Keep up the good work

GM
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:34:35 PM EDT
[#9]
But would they have come over if your lady friend wasn't there?
GLOCK-23
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:43:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Congratulations, Gonzo – That's two less souls to save!

I've been considering making some business cards to throw in my range bag, with a few resources printed on them for learning about and buying EBRs – something that would point prospective converts in the right direction:

1. A brief explanation of the legalities,
2. Where to buy them and how much they typically cost,
3. Where to learn more about them (including a few website URLs)
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:48:37 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Good work.

I was meaning to start a thread on this the other day, but never did - so I'll implement a minor thread-jack here instead

Where the HELL did that epxression come from????  Who eats shit and then grins?!?  
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:53:15 PM EDT
[#12]
I thought all hunters owned AR's???

Ohhh... these were "Sportsmen"???

MT
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:58:13 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good work.

I was meaning to start a thread on this the other day, but never did - so I'll implement a minor thread-jack here instead

Where the HELL did that epxression come from????  Who eats shit and then grins?!?  

LMAO! Good question.  I can't imagine anyone eating shit (unless they were into the really weird type of kinky sex stuff) and I sure can't imagine a grin being one of the expressions shown while eating it.

Now back to the original subject, congrats on the converting! I keep saying this is something we have to do, one at a time. Or in your case, two at a time. Just think of the difference we could make if each member on this site brought in just one or two new people each year to our side. That could possibly be enough to change the outcome of a presidential election these days. And for every new pro-gun or pro-bullet hose person, that puts that much more pressure on his/her local congress critters to do the right thing when it comes to gun related issues.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 3:01:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 3:05:01 PM EDT
[#15]
The only time I wasn't grinning after firing an EBR was when I first fired an AR-15, when I was 12. I though it kicked too badly.

Boy, I sure learned.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 3:11:43 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Probably from the same guy who would shave his nuts based on a bet.

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 3:56:33 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
But would they have come over if your lady friend wasn't there?
GLOCK-23

Who knows.

Maybe that's part of the selling point.

I can imagine the internal dialog.

{Well, sheeit...  I'm sitting here getting thumped by this .300 Win Mag, and that feller there has the cutie...  must be the rifle. }
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 4:17:49 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Probably from the same guy who would shave his nuts based on a bet.

Ouch
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top