Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2004 2:02:07 PM EDT
Im seeing alot of M4s, etc with desert camo paint jobs with the troops in Iraq.  What type of paint do the troops use?  is there a special paint for doing that?

Do the troops do their own paint jobs or are they custom paint jobs by pros?
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:05:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:06:31 PM EDT
[#2]
These guys use whatever they can get their hands on.Remember the rifle that they are using is Uncle Sams M4.As long as it runs perfect these guys don't give a shit about pretty.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:10:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Heres a good example.

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:35:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I know of a guy who used a special brand of Krylon-it's actually called "camoflauge extra-flat" and it comes in several colors-tan, green, grey, etc.  He did it himself, and it looked so good, that almost everyone in his unit did the same!!!
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:12:01 PM EDT
[#5]

I know of a guy who used a special brand of Krylon-it's actually called "camoflauge extra-flat" and it comes in several colors-tan, green, grey, etc. He did it himself, and it looked so good, that almost everyone in his unit did the same!!!

Really?  Do you know where I can buy some?
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:13:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:17:27 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I know of a guy who used a special brand of Krylon-it's actually called "camoflauge extra-flat" and it comes in several colors-tan, green, grey, etc. He did it himself, and it looked so good, that almost everyone in his unit did the same!!!

Really?  Do you know where I can buy some?

WalMart sells the Krylon brand camo paint, and it can be removed, I removed some today on my project lower using a spray can of brake cleaner.

Here is my M4gery sportin' Krylon.

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:31:18 PM EDT
[#8]
That is a sweet paint job!   Great job.  I
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:44:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Is there a need to dismantle the rifle to paint individual parts or leave it whole and go apeshit ?
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:58:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top