Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2004 12:24:33 PM EDT
Now that I have the full game I wanted to know how many of ya'll were playing MoH on-line.  What clan/web server do you normally play on. Is there one where most of the ARFCOM people hang out or do you think we could come up with one for us to play on?  I'd like to have a server where we could all meet and play , that'd be cool. Being that ARFCOM is kind of "family" I think it'd be a fun way to interact aside from just posting here. Let me know if you've got a server address where ya'll play or if you start up a site please post the address for us so we can log in.  Talk to ya'll later.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 12:26:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm pretty sure it is Medal of Honor
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 12:29:29 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'm pretty sure it is Medal of Honor

LOL, my bad.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 1:02:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been playing Call of Duty on-line for about 6 months now. it's damn addicting, haven't tried medal of honor on-line yet, may have to reload it now.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 1:04:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I love playing my call of duty online also. too cool!!!!

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 1:18:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I love playing my call of duty online also. too cool!!!!

+1000!!!!

I'm about to play!
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 1:34:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Oh, man, don't make me have to go out and  buy another game,LOL.  If ya'll have MoH Spearhead load it up and  let's try to come up with a server where we can meet and play. I'm sure that most of us would play a fair game and not cheat, that's something that I get so tired of, sharking, auto-aim, I even think some of those guys have a "bullet proof" cheat that they're running.  I can hit them square in the chest with a burst from a BAR or Tommy Gun and they'll spin around and kill me with 2 or 3 hits from their 9mm. It just don't make any sense. Oh,well, like I said, I've come to accept it and just deal with it.   I played a server that  was called something like 101st Airborne or some such. It was a good server.  Let me kow what ya'll come up with and where we can meet. I'd like to play with and against ya'll sometime.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 3:19:08 PM EDT
[#7]
A bunch of us play Americas Army online.  

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=119&t=242137&page=1
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 3:27:58 PM EDT
[#8]
BF1942 > MOH
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:46:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Call of Duty is also great.

I play MOH, COD and Battle Field on Line. Usually just try to find a server with maybe 15 or so people. More than 20 and I get killed too often.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:54:11 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I play MOH, COD and Battle Field on Line. Usually just try to find a server with maybe 15 or so people. More than 20 and I get killed too often.

I actually like a server with lots of folks.  More targets that aren't me!  I almost always get smoked quickly when it comes right down to a CQB one on one twitch fest.  Let me hang back & snipe or lay in ambush & I do alright.  Certain maps I just flat out refuse to play & just spectate until the map changes.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:29:51 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I actually like a server with lots of folks.  More targets that aren't me!  I almost always get smoked quickly when it comes right down to a CQB one on one twitch fest.  Let me hang back & snipe or lay in ambush & I do alright.  Certain maps I just flat out refuse to play & just spectate until the map changes.

I totally suck at CQB too. When it comes to sniping or ambush I do ok.  Of course there are those few who I hit solid with the ol' sniper rifle and they don't die, they put a quick burst on me with their MP40 from god knows how far away and I'm dead meat, go figure that one out?? There's one server called "Hostile Hillbillies" that pretty good. They've got an electric fence by the spawning area so the other team can't set and kill you as you come back to life.  Of course you can still get it if they throw in a gernade or shoot at you but they can't get as close or they get fried.  When I play my screen name is "Dude", cause that's what I always end up saying when I get killed,  DUDE!!!!!!  Oh well, if you're ever playing MoH and see Dude on-line give me a yell.  Talk to ya' later.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:39:41 PM EDT
[#12]
The single player MOH turned me off. One handed Kar98 shots, indeed.

I stick with TFC for my online play.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 8:56:59 PM EDT
[#13]

guess what game here
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 8:11:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Not sure what game that is, it's not MoH because the symbols over the guys heads are different.  From now on I'm putting (ARFCOM) in front of my name to show where I'm from. If ya'll could do the same then at least we'd know each other when we run into each other while playing MoH.  I guess you could say we're part of the ARFCOM Clan,LOL.  So if you see  

(ARFCOM)Dude be nice to me, please,LOL
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 11:37:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Will do re "arfcom" in name.....unless I'm in a jerk-off griefer frame of mind anyways
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 11:40:45 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I've been playing Call of Duty on-line for about 6 months now. it's damn addicting, haven't tried medal of honor on-line yet, may have to reload it now.

+1 - anyone play "headquarters"?

If so, try and get on Fragfest or British Airborne servers
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 11:46:13 AM EDT
[#17]
So it's more or less a "done deal", we've started a "Clan ARFCOM".  I ALWAYS play on the allies side, just can't bring myself to play a German and kill Americans.  Has anyone else noticed that the Germans have an "edge" with the weapons that they use, what I mean is that their weapons seem to kill alittle more effectively then ours do.  Not sure why that is but it just seems that way.  I'm still waiting for some server address where we can meet and play MoH.  Post em' here if you find any that are good.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 11:47:37 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
A bunch of us play Americas Army online.  

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=119&t=242137&page=1

I tried that but could't get it to load properly. I have it saved to a CD, I guess from what I read on their web site they weren't taking any new players or some such. Anyway, I'm going to stick with MoH for now.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 11:48:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 11:58:46 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Silly rabbit.

Why would you play MOH over Call of Duty?

Because I DON'T HAVE Call of Duty.  Is that a good enough reason,LOL.  I spent $50 bucks on the MoH/Spearhead game so that's what I play.  Anyway, if you're ever on MoH be sure to put the (ARFCOM) in front of your name so we know who we are.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 12:14:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 1:10:06 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Silly rabbit.

Why would you play MOH over Call of Duty?

Because I DON'T HAVE Call of Duty.  Is that a good enough reason,LOL.  I spent $50 bucks on the MoH/Spearhead game so that's what I play.  Anyway, if you're ever on MoH be sure to put the (ARFCOM) in front of your name so we know who we are.  

OK fine, why would you buy MOH over call of duty.

All you had to do was ask, we would have told you.

I'd been playing the demo for Spearhead for about 2 months and liked it.  Do they make CoD for the iMac?  If they do I may have to pick it up at a later date.  Oh,well, time to get something to eat, my coffee is warring off. LOL
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 1:13:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Socom2 Online here

If anyone wants to play..

PM me.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 1:22:39 PM EDT
[#24]
I play Joint Operations and sometimes BHD Team Sabre.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 8:23:55 AM EDT
[#25]
Man, the Firearms engine in MoH sucks.  I was just playing and shot a german at close range with an '03a3 sniper rifle at center of mass, instead of it killing him(like it would have in the real world) he flinches, jumps over to his right and kills me with a quick burst from a StG44 AW.  And that's wasn't the first time either. On several occations I'd hit someone center of mass and they'd not go down but a burst from 300 yrds from a 9mm would kill me deader then shit. What gives, is the firearms engine so screwed up that it doesn't understand the physics of bullets or firearms?  I wish  just once someone would come out with a realistic game that would reflect real world damage from the weapons being used. Oh well, I guess I've ranted enough. Remember if ya' go online to play post your clan ARFCOM status by putting it in brackets in front of your name  (ARFCOM)Dude, over and out,LOL
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 8:26:03 AM EDT
[#26]
Try Call of Duty, it is quite real.  You can even get temporary shell shock.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:28:11 AM EDT
[#27]
Looks like I may have to pick up a copy of  CoD, Comp USA is the in Knoxville is the closest place that'd have it for my Mac.   How are the controls compared to MoH?  I'm really used to the controls on MoH and would like to keep any future games configed. to the same set up.  Oh well, think I'll go kill something on MoH,LOL.  See ya'll in the funny papers.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:32:53 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Man, the Firearms engine in MoH sucks.  I was just playing and shot a german at close range with an '03a3 sniper rifle at center of mass, instead of it killing him(like it would have in the real world) he flinches, jumps over to his right and kills me with a quick burst from a StG44 AW.  And that's wasn't the first time either. On several occations I'd hit someone center of mass and they'd not go down but a burst from 300 yrds from a 9mm would kill me deader then shit. What gives, is the firearms engine so screwed up that it doesn't understand the physics of bullets or firearms?  I wish  just once someone would come out with a realistic game that would reflect real world damage from the weapons being used. Oh well, I guess I've ranted enough. Remember if ya' go online to play post your clan ARFCOM status by putting it in brackets in front of your name  (ARFCOM)Dude, over and out,LOLhr

You have to install realism mods and play on those servers (CKR Mod, for example).  With that, if you get shot in your chest, you go down, you don't run away.

I use to play CoD but have since uninstalled it.  Needed the harddrive room
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 12:40:41 PM EDT
[#29]
So I need to log into a Realism server, that's cool.  I'm still waiting for some fellow ARFCOMers to long onto a server with me so we can play. There's a Recon server where if you run you take damage, kind of strange but it makes for an interesting game, people can't do their "pee dance" when you're trying to shoot em' or they'll die.  Makes it a little better for us "snipers",LOL.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 1:31:25 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Looks like I may have to pick up a copy of  CoD, Comp USA is the in Knoxville is the closest place that'd have it for my Mac.   How are the controls compared to MoH?  I'm really used to the controls on MoH and would like to keep any future games configed. to the same set up.  Oh well, think I'll go kill something on MoH,LOL.  See ya'll in the funny papers.

I have a copy of all the MOH stuff,  I dont play it anymore, coasters mabe.  COD is just too real and the controls are much better.  COD is addictive.  I can't play online much but, when I get comcast cable internet later this week...  
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 1:40:16 PM EDT
[#31]
You guys need to start playing joint operations.

eta: Typically, 1 shot is good for a kill in Joint Ops, esp at center mass.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:42:39 PM EDT
[#32]
What you need is COD and then play on one of the Tactical Realism servers (there are only a few, if you use the All Seeing Eye game browser you can set up a custom filter to find them), 82nd Airborne is my favorite.  It's is friggin sweet, weapons are very deadly, run speed is slowed down, if hit in the arm or leg you can drop your gun or fall down respectively.  Once wounded bad enough from shrapnel or the occasional non-fatal bullet hit you will bleed out if a medic doesn't bandage you up pretty quickly, etc.  It sounds lame to say it but it really does feel "tactical" the way it's set up, much more so than the standard game.  It beats the pants off MOH and even regular COD.  

The Total War mod servers aren't bad either for weapon damage and realism, Heat of Battle is another decent mod type, both have a crapload of good servers to play on...

If you like MOH, you should love COD.  The engine is way better, maps are cooler, weapons handle better, etc, and if nothing else being able to shoulder your weapon and aim down the sights makes COD far far superior...  I haven't played MOH in a couple years (played it a crapload back then though), COD is just way better...
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:42:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Looks like I'll be making a trip to Knoxville in the near future to Comp USA for a new video game.  I like MoH because of the WWII theme but I'd like something more "real" if that's possible for a video game.  I mean for god sake, when a hit from an '06 won't put a guy down but then he can kill me quick with a 9mm something just ain't right. I have found a couple of MoH servers that are good. One actually will give you damage if you run, it's a "tatical" style server.  
 I used to play the heck out of Half-Life but not online, just single player.  I really liked that game. Then I got into Diablo pretty heavy but I still wanted something more "tatical" to play online.   It's a hoot playing other people instead of a computer.  Oh well, talk to ya'll later.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top