Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 8/22/2004 10:47:19 AM EDT
Never ceases to amaze me the looks I get when I tell a guy to go get tested.

We are in south florida and it is loaded with Haitians, homosexuals and drug users. Now the guys I hook up with are not from any of those categories but the ditzy blond they nailed last month has probably been with all 3.  And I don't want anything they might have and there is lots of stuff going around.

And if we aren't gonna be exclusive I want him getting tests from any little pieces he may have going on the side. I don't care if he has other girls, but I again don't trust them to be as safe and responsible as I require. Seen too much of what goes on down at South Beach and how these drug addict, fag bangers aren't all dead is beyond my comprehention.

And I don't trust my life to a condom, in fact I hate using the damn things and have passed up many a temporary affair because that was the only safety blanket. When I'm with somebody I want to be WITH somebody and feel safe engaging in virtually any kind of activity.

And that is why I need a HIV test before you even call to ask me out.

You can get cooties over the phone I heard.

BIG EDIT: Down here when they test for HIV, they test for EVERYTHING.

I thought that was the way it is everywhere.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 10:52:54 AM EDT
[#1]
no, i don't require that............................for if i had any 'new partners' my wife would have my old set
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 10:56:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Err, so just AIDS is all your worried about?  Yea, I don't care for rubbers either but I really don't care for genital warts, the clap, gonnorhea(sp?), etc..

Edited to add:

Technically speaking I think it's a wise thing to do, but did you ever stop to think that some of those guys might get the deer in the headlights look because you're asking them before the first date?  Shouldn't stuff like that WAIT till at least the second??
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 10:58:39 AM EDT
[#3]
If ya "ain't gonna be exclusive" then what are ya doin with him in the first place?
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 10:59:42 AM EDT
[#4]
It's a good idea to.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:00:44 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Err, so just AIDS is all your worried about?  Yea, I don't care for rubbers either but I really don't care for genital warts, the clap, gonnorhea(sp?), etc..

I should have been more specific. Down here they test you for everything.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:01:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:03:31 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
If ya "ain't gonna be exclusive" then what are ya doin with him in the first place?

I said "if we aren't gonna be exclusive I want him getting tests from any little pieces he may have going on the side."

I know this will come as a complete surpirse but sometimes men cheat.

I was shocked too.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:04:24 AM EDT
[#8]

Condoms make it safer, but you also have to think about crabs, herpes (which can pass with or without a condom) and the fact that condoms can break.

And I hate to break it to you, but more than just homosexuals and Haitians have AIDS.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:04:47 AM EDT
[#9]
AIDS is not your only worry.  Hepatitis C is now killing more people than AIDS.  

Best solution:  stop screwing around or you will get something Ajax won't take off.

Not preaching just concerned about the lax attitude about sex.  [shakes head and walks
away]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:05:04 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
aids would be the least of my worries. not to mention the fact he can be hiv positive and not show an active infetion for months.

here is an idea. Don't screw people you don't know. Make them at least work for a peice of the cookie. then if you want them to hit it get a complete std workup.

mike

That is the current plan. I don't do "random guys" but when I decide to be with a guy, they are getting tested.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:05:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Stuff like this makes me glad I'm married.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:05:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:05:54 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
AIDS is not your only worry.  Hepatitis C is now killing more people than AIDS.  

Best solution:  stop screwing around or you will get something Ajax won't take off.

Not preaching just concerned about the lax attitude about sex.  [shakes head and walks
away]

Where did you read I had a lax attitude?
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:09:04 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

You know the answer to that.  She likes to play the field.  It's the "modern woman".  Conservatives have a different name for them, which I cant recall.  

-HS

I've been tested 3 times.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:09:21 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
no, i don't require that............................for if i had any 'new partners' my wife would have my old set

WORD
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:09:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Stay at home much ------------------
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:16:45 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Probably the part were you said "if we arent going to be exclusive".  I'm either gonna get banned for saying this or this thread thrown into the bear pit, but the truth hurts: you basically come off sounding like a first rate whore that most guys here wouldn't hit with a ten foot pole.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:21:19 AM EDT
[#18]
your already in a "HIGH RISK" category just for having multiple sex partners, getting tested might help a little but it isnt 100% safe.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:23:34 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Probably the part were you said "if we arent going to be exclusive".  I'm either gonna get banned for saying this or this thread thrown into the bear pit, but the truth hurts: you basically come off sounding like a first rate whore that most guys here wouldn't hit with a ten foot pole.

Ouch!

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:24:41 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm glad I don't have to worry about those things anymore!

HS1
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:24:47 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Meaning - if HE isn't gonna be exclusive -

The entire sentence was your clue.

And if we aren't gonna be exclusive I want him getting tests from any little pieces he may have going on the side.

Read much?
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:25:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:26:28 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You know the answer to that.  She likes to play the field.  It's the "modern woman".  Conservatives have a different name for them, which I cant recall.  

-HS

I've been tested 3 times.

Guess what. I'm 22 and not looking for a husband.

And SHOCKER...I have been known to date more than one guy at the same time.

I know men have never done that.

Call me a whore, but you're a fucking hyporcite and I'd rather be me than you any day.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:28:18 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I'm glad I don't have to worry about those things anymore!

HS1

+1
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:28:55 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
aids would be the least of my worries. not to mention the fact he can be hiv positive and not show an active infetion for months.

TBS, is there something you're not telling us about yourself???
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:29:36 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

And if we aren't gonna be exclusive I want him getting tests from any little pieces he may have going on the side.

Read much?

We means he ??  Even if I misread that, my opinion of you doesn't go up if you date guys that are knowingly screwing around and you're ok with that.

My thoughts now: Go suck an exhaust pipe, you're wasting my oxygen.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:30:58 AM EDT
[#27]

Originally posted by LauraCroft:

Read much?

Reading Comprehension is vital! I know what you meant and covering your ass will save you from contracting some nasty stuff. It's good that you take your sex life and good health seriously. Too many girls have no problem with unsafe sex and unfortunately people dont disclose their bisexual promiscuity with a new prospective partner. Scary!

HS1
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:31:02 AM EDT
[#28]
My wife required that of me before our first time. I thought it was a bit extraordinary but complied. I think her being a registered nurse caused the concern. I remember when I went to get tested the guy asked if it had been six months since my last exposure. I told him I've never been exposed and gave him the reason for the test. He grinned and said smart girl.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:32:35 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

If someone is sleeping with someone who is "getting something on the side" then they have zero self-esteem (this applies equally to men & women)

Hillary Clinton comes to mind. (for not dumping Bubba when he was out cattin around on her)

You don't excuse cheating unless you are so insecure that you have to cling to someone else for your own self-validation.

Casual sex cheapens the experience for all involved. There is a reason monogamy is more satisfying (and it has to do with the emotionjal aspect rather than the physical)

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:33:08 AM EDT
[#30]
Pay no attention to the "3 Minute Musketeers" and the "Erections make the Baby Jesus cry" morons, Laura.

Your attitude and precautionary standards are very good, sufficient and modern.

Any guy who wont go get tested is an idiot.

It always amazes me how much of the money propelled Ghay agenda propaganda is parroted by straight people, with ZERO empirical evidence to back it up.

I "cull the herd" very quicky, and have been known to cut first dates short just by simply asking if the girl's ever been with any Tyrones or Pacos.

A guy's gotta have his standards.

D.
AZEX
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:33:18 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Read much?

We means he ??  Even if I misread that, my opinion of you doesn't go up if you date guys that are knowingly screwing around and you're ok with that.

My thoughts now: Go suck an exhaust pipe, you're wasting my oxygen.

Are you telling me that you have NEVER dated more than one girl at the same time?
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:35:30 AM EDT
[#32]
Really, it always strikes me as odd that a guy can have sex with 10-15 women and he's a "stud" or "a ladies man", but a woman who has sex with 10-15 men is a "whore", "slut", or "easy".

I'm so glad that I'm married and don't have to deal with it.

Laura Croft, when I initially read your post, I think I got the same idea as some of these guys. That *you* were not trying to be exlusive with anyone and that YOU were the one making the rules about being tested because you had so many new partners.  

Casual sex is deadly. It's like playing Russian Roulette whether you're a man or a woman. It's good that you're having tests done, but please always remember that HIV can go undetected for a long time and some people can carry it for years and never test positive, but still infect their partners.

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:35:41 AM EDT
[#33]
Being a Doc has it's advantages...

Like nice Lady Docs'...

Or tests and such.

Test..

Have fun...

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:36:22 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If someone is sleeping with someone who is "getting something on the side" then they have zero self-esteem (this applies equally to men & women)

Hillary Clinton comes to mind.

Casual sex cheapens the experience for all involved. There is a reason monogamy is more satisfying (and it has to do with the emotionjal aspect rather than the physical)

OR.....maybe they are dating and haven't DECIDED to be exclusive.

I haven't found ANYONE I want to be exclusive with.

So....I am dating.

Dating is that process of looking for people you would WANT to be exlcusive with and maybe marry.

I'm sure all you stone throwers just married the girl your parents arranged for you and NEVER dated but poor me I have to do things the other way.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:38:00 AM EDT
[#35]
When my wife was pregnant with our first baby two years ago, the doctor told us that she sees at least 3 women a day that have Herpes. I guess one in three have it, or at least thats what she told us.

Also, when we were taking our birthing classes, there was a very pretty, young, black girl there that was well versed, and seemed to have her head on her shoulders. She finally told us that she wanted to have a baby before she died. My wife and I thought this was very strange and asked her why she said that. She told us that she was HIV postive and she didn't think she was going to live long....wow!
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:38:48 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Really, it always strikes me as odd that a guy can have sex with 10-15 women and he's a "stud" or "a ladies man", but a woman who has sex with 10-15 men is a "whore", "slut", or "easy".

Laura Croft, when I initially read your post, I think I got the same idea as some of these guys. That *you* were not trying to be exlusive with anyone and that YOU were the one making the rules about being tested because you had so many new partners.  

Casual sex is deadly. It's like playing Russian Roulette whether you're a man or a woman. It's good that you're having tests done, but please always remember that HIV can go undetected for a long time and some people can carry it for years and never test positive, but still infect their partners.

Not the case.

I require testing because I KNOW how guys are.

I know STD/HIV test are not 100% but I am doing what can reasonably be done to protect myself.

Carrying a gun for protection is not 100% either, but the same thing applies.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:40:34 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not the case.

I require testing because I KNOW how guys are.

I know STD/HIV test are not 100% but I am doing what can reasonably be done to protect myself.

Carrying a gun for protection is not 100% either, but the same thing applies.

What can "reasonably" be done is to not have sex with every guy you "date" as you look for the person you want to be exclusive with.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:43:18 AM EDT
[#38]
... Yes, it's good policy in serious relationships. If you get caught up in the moment, at least wear a love-glove.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:43:27 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

So....I am dating.

Dating is that process of looking for people you would WANT to be exlcusive with and maybe marry.

I'm sure all you stone throwers just married the girl your parents arranged for you and NEVER dated but poor me I have to do things the other way.

hey, date all you want, nothing wrong with that.

Dating & sex are two very very different things. You can date 20 people at the same time. Once you start sleeping with someone, it best be only one. (if for no other reason than your own survival)

One of my college roommates wasn't so careful, and over the years, he played roulette, caught something and died.

Doesn't get much more serious than that.

Have fun, but set high standards, somewhere out there is a guy for you who is looking for someone with standards as high as his. When you find him, it will be worth the wait (no, it is not a remain a virgin till married lecture, just be ruthlessly selective about your partners - you get no second chances with diseases these days)
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:47:41 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

What can "reasonably" be done is to not have sex with every guy you "date" as you look for the person you want to be exclusive with.

I don't. But I do have sex with "some" of them.

Now onto YOU.

Have you ever dated more than 1 girl at a time?

Have you ever been sexually active with mroe than 1 girl at a time?

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:49:55 AM EDT
[#41]
Hell, I feel guilty when I use my other HAND!

LMAO.

D.
AZEX

This thread is gonna get out of control. I can feel it comin' down the tracks.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:51:08 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So....I am dating.

hey, date all you want, nothing wrong with that.

Dating & sex are two very very different things. You can date 20 people at the same time. Once you start sleeping with someone, it best be only one. (if for no other reason than your own survival)

One of my college roommates wasn't so careful, and over the years, he played roulette, caught something and died.

Doesn't get much more serious than that.

Have fun, but set high standards, somewhere out there is a guy for you who is looking for someone with standards as high as his. When you find him, it will be worth the wait (no, it is not a remain a virgin till married lecture, just be ruthlessly selective about your partners - you get no second chances with diseases these days)

You're just gonna have to forgive me but "sex" is one of my criteria I use for deciding on exclusivity.

I don't wanna be exclusive with someone I'm not sexually compatable with.

And not directed to you, but to the other morons, I find it laughable that they are gonna criticize me but I know damn well that most of them would do the same thing if given the opportunity.

Again, I'd like to see how many of the guys criticizing me have never dated more than one girl or had a one night stand.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:51:58 AM EDT
[#43]
keep this in mind when you're having all that fun you speak of............................

when you do finally find somebody you want to be 'exclusive' with, you gonna be proud of your past?  i seriously doubt it, so think about that aspect as well
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:53:29 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
keep this in mind when you're having all that fun you speak of............................

when you do finally find somebody you want to be 'exclusive' with, you gonna be proud of your past?  i seriously doubt it, so think about that aspect as well

Oh Jesus, are you for real?

I'd rather have a girl who knows the way around the equipment, who is still pretty clean. Then some 30something (I just dropped one) who acts like we're engaged in a crime against nature.

Some of you are REALLY repressed.

D.
AZEX
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:54:16 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Are guys proud of theirs when they get exclusive?

I don't regret what I do. I've done nothing for which I need to feel shame. If you can't deal with it, I don't need you.

And if I should find out my "guy" is not a virgin, should I be angry? Stone him, burn him at the stake?
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:55:10 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh Jesus, are you for real?

I'd rather have a girl who knows the way around the equipment, who is still pretty clean. Then some 30something (I just dropped one) who acts like we're engaged in a crime against nature.

Some of you are REALLY repressed.

D.
AZEX

no, im lying to make friends

if you see my type something on this fucking website you can damn well bet i mean it.  wheres my fucking picture.............................

found it

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:56:34 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Now the guys I hook up with are not from any of those categories but the ditzy blond they nailed last month has probably been with all 3.

After reading this, it made me think...

I require testing because I KNOW how GIRLS are.

Fixed it for you.

Edited to add:

Quoted: I know this will come as a complete surpirse but sometimes women cheat.

And SHOCKER...I have been known to date more than one guy at the same time.

I know men have never done that.

Call me a whore, but you're a fucking hyporcite and I'd rather be me than you any day.

He's not a hypocrite if he hasn't had more than one woman at the same time. I haven't, but I'm sure you'll ignore than, jump to conclusions and call me a hypocrite anyways. Multiple partners constitutes "slut" in my book. You might call it whore, but I dont see you charging for these "services."

I think it's hilarious that you make the guys get tested because "you know men" are doing the exact same thing you are doing. You want to protect yourself from the activities you engage in?

I've got a question - how many times have YOU been tested?

Or is it only the men that need to be tested because they're the unsafe ones? (Don't say that it's just the men, because you would be contradicting yourself from the ditzy blonde sentence from your original post)
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:58:35 AM EDT
[#48]
Yes, sir, I can hear the banjos a'playin'.

Very revealing.

D.
AZEX
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 12:00:45 PM EDT
[#49]
I only sleep with girls I know very well and who have self-respect for themselves and their moral beliefs. Which, not surprsing, is nearly impossible.

It amazes me how loose women are these days. At every job I've had there has always been the loose girl who wanted to fuck me and I literally have to tell them no several times and take their hands off my package. I've even refused free blowjobs from these girls. of course when I tell the guys they all think I'm bullshitting because those girls "seem like nice girls." Haha, my ass.

Do certain women have the ability to sense a mans upstanding moral character and seek to defile it? Yes. I know I am in danger of being single for the rest of my life, but at least I'll die a Noble Human being and not some sex driven primal caveman.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 12:00:47 PM EDT
[#50]
People will do what they want to do.  It is your perogative (sp) to ask of them this test.  As the saying goes, you're not just sleeping with that person, but everyone else that person slept with and their preivouse parterns and such up to that point.   Hell, you might be doing them a favor..... they might have something and not know it!  As you said, it is free.

Quoted:
I only sleep with girls I know very well and who have self-respect for themselves and their moral beliefs. Which, not surprsing, is nearly impossible.

It amazes me how loose women are these days. At every job I've had there has always been the loose girl who wanted to fuck me and I literally have to tell them no several times and take their hands off my package. I've even refused free blowjobs from these girls. of course when I tell the guys they all think I'm bullshitting because those girls "seem like nice girls." Haha, my ass.

Do certain women have the ability to sense a mans upstanding moral character and seek to defile it? Yes. I know I am in danger of being single for the rest of my life, but at least I'll die a Noble Human being and not some sex driven primal caveman.

There are lots of people that "don't get it".  Men and women, not just the "so so and ugly".  

Call me pathetic, but some times, I'd rather be out in the barn welding then out on a date.....

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top