Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2004 7:00:03 AM EDT
I really like the looks of these and the performance aint bad either. 6sp, 950+ CC, fuel injected 120HP, 69 ft lbs of TQ.

I think the Orange is friggin HOT.

S.O.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:06:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I think I would pass and get a GSXR 1000 or RC 51
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:08:25 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I think I would pass and get a GSXR 1000 or RC 51

Comparing apples to oranges my friend.  Besides those are old news, go try a ZX-10R! Wowzers, it's small!

S.O.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:10:23 AM EDT
[#3]
No but I test rode the ZX-10 a few weeks ago, it was bad ass, I still haven't decided if I will buy it tho. For around here, the traffic is pretty dense, a good way to get smeared by a shithead. I may build a mild chopper by myself instead.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:15:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I've had good experience with my '81 KZ440 LTD, so it wouldn't be hard to talk me into another Kawasaki.  When I get some money, though... my heart lies with the ZRX1200R!  I don't recall looking at the Z1000 in person that closely, but it looks pretty small and nimble.  The looks are a little out there for me, but it looks like a good ride

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:23:29 AM EDT
[#5]
THe ZRX (Rex) kicks ass! Small mods make HUGE power on those.

The Z1K guys are making upwards of 140HP, with pipes, filter, and a dyno tune. It weighs about 420 dry. I dont care for the look of the quad pipes but a nice dual can ackropovic full system would be purty.

S.O.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:51:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Get a real mans bike, the Vulcan 1600 Classic
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 8:12:51 AM EDT
[#7]
My best friend just got one last week. It was an '03 left over. I took it out for a quick ride on the local back roads. It handled very nice. It is a way different feel than a race bike. You sit a lot more upright. I believe it would be a lot more comfortable on a ride of a longer distance. It had good throttle responce and pulled my big ass (6'3" 345 pounds ) up a pretty steep hill in 3rd and 4th gear with no problem. No long term report as he just got it but a pretty strong first impression.

Burl1
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:47:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Should I get one, I am going to either look for an 03, because I want an orange one, or get an 04 and swap out the parts to make it orange and sell the "old stuff".

I just love the way it looks, so sleek and bad-ass looking.

S.O.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top