Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/31/2001 6:48:21 PM EDT
My dealer has a Used Browning Silver Series (S-300?) safe for sale.

It is NOT firelined.  Footprint size about 24" x 20".  Weight about 250lbs+.  S & G lock.  

The safe is used, a few scratches in the outside from moving (no metal damage), the interior is pristine.

$500.

I cannot find reference anymore to the Browning Silver safes (now they are called Sterling and are slightly different sizes).  

Does anyone have one of these?

Comparing prices to some of the other smaller safes I have looked at, it seems pretty reasonable.

NOW--before anyone says anything, I have a firelined Cannon Safe (24+ gun size) in storage already (back "home").  I just need a smaller, secure lockup for the few guns I have here.  I was considering getting something nicer than a good sized Homak and didn't want to spend $1000 on a "real" safe.  I need to store about 12 guns--so the Browning is perfect for that + some extra space.  I know all the stuff about "buy a bigger safe than you need", firelined, etc.--I have given the same advice myself.  In this case, the Browning is light enough to get downstairs and back up again with little hassle (as opposed to a 500-800lb firelined safe).  

I am just wondering if anyone has any experience with this safe in particular or Browning (silver or other) safes in general.

AFARR
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 7:11:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the gold series
so that one is of the same age/series
1/8" sides 1/4" door if I recall for the silver series
I got it used for $650.00
60x30x24
weighs 500lbs
I can move it myself and get it in the back of my truck no problem
Its been good insurance
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top