Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2004 4:06:26 AM EDT
Is anyone as stoked as I am to see M1As with bayonet lugs on them again? I know Springfield Armory is having problems with quality lately, but just seeing lugs on new M1As will be pretty neat.

Also, did FALs have bayo lugs on them before the ban? Will DSA and other manufacturers add lugs to their new rifles this September? If so, where would they be?
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 4:15:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Nowhere in CT.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 4:17:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 4:20:26 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Nowhere in CT.

I know. Pretty neat just to see them produced again, though. Pre-bans are Ok, though.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 4:27:46 AM EDT
[#4]

Also, did FALs have bayo lugs on them before the ban? Will DSA and other manufacturers add lugs to their new rifles this September? If so, where would they be?

Most FALs have the bayonet attach directly to the flashider but not all of course.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:00:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Inch pattern L1A1's had a bayonet lug as part of the flash hider.

The standard FAL combo device had a bayo that slipped over it. The "lug" was two milled slots on the hider itself. The bayonet has a tubular handle.

The G-1 had a lug as part of the barrel, although its primary use was to attach muzzle devices (flash hider, BFA, grenade launcher) notably Turkey made bayonets for them.

The long FAL hider had the bayo lug attached to it, to, akin to the M-14 hider/lug.

The early FALs had no hider, but had a plain barrel with the bayonet lug milled as part of the barrel. There were bayonets made for them that had two prongs on the muzzle ring, so that the two prongs and the blade of the bayo made a flash hider.

Edit-so most owners will be able to add a bayo lug to a FAL simply by changing the muzzle device to a hider. I would imagine that DSA and the like will offer these devices. One could also adda a Vortex or other flashhider with the correct diameter and get a bolt on lug (Bushhamster offers on) to make cold steel a reality.

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:03:59 AM EDT
[#6]
I was thinking about adding a bayo lug to my Norinco M1A.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:19:42 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Nowhere in CT.

So sad, so true and so not funny!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top