Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2004 2:17:22 AM EDT
I dropped it between the minimart and the truck.
When I return to retrieve it ,it was gone !
A quick look around and I found my rain soaked wallet beside  the busstop shelter  minus my drivers license,
debit  and credit cards an indorsed check for $700 and $80 in cash

I remember the good old days when they just took the cash and dumped the wallet in the nearest dumpster!!!
I can't wait to prove to the DMV that I am really me!!
BIG
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:33:23 AM EDT
[#1]
How do we know it is you posting now?
Bummer.  I hope you put the stop on the CC and debit card. you should be able to stop the checks too.
I guess you need one of those chains.
(you might be a redneck if your wallet and your dog are both on chains.)
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 3:00:56 AM EDT
[#2]

Oh boy, are you ever in for it.   Sorry that happened to you.  File a police report and get a copy, you'll need it eventually.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 3:04:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Too bad , i left my wallet on the pump while pumping gas, went inside to pay and remembered i left it on the pump, but when i went back outside to get it some shitbird had already beatin me to it. It couldnt have been no more than 5 min. MUTHAFUCKIN THEIFS, had about 650$ in it, lost everything dl,ssc,ccw,emt liscense etc,etc,
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 9:50:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Glenn how have you been???(You friggin wize azz!!!)
I will stop in and say Hi one of these days!!!
talk to ya
Mark
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 9:53:01 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I can't wait to prove to the DMV that I am really me!!
BIG

Now that should be fun!

What a hassel, sorry bud.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 9:58:30 AM EDT
[#6]
hope you already put stop orders on the check and CC.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 10:36:37 AM EDT
[#7]
As futile as it seems, get a police report.  If they do manage to make unauthorized charges you won't see a dime back without it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 4:59:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Not too bad leg is kicking up a fuss. Any word on the wallet?
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 5:09:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:53:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Umm...don't endorse any checks until you're at the bank or the destination they're supposed to go.  Did no one teach you that??  Makes them so much easier for thieves to cash.... ya know.. well now ya do.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:58:20 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Umm...don't endorse any checks until you're at the bank or the destination they're supposed to go.  Did no one teach you that??  Makes them so much easier for thieves to cash.... ya know.. well now ya do.

Yeah right,any Joe Blow can write your name in there,they don't give a shit.

They got his ID,they won't think twice about cashing that check.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 7:30:02 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Simply the differnce between adding another felony if caught (Forgery).  Gives ya a little more to bargain with AND better chance of reimbursement for the funds.

Edited to add:  Not to mention, most states require your signature on your drivers license..... comparison factor??
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 7:32:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Anytime I get a check, I instantly auto write in BIG letters.... For Deposit Only XXXXXXXXXXXXX [acct#]

Link Posted: 8/23/2004 7:37:48 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm just sayin that my observation of people performing these services for myself has left me with the impression that not many take much care or are very dilligent about it.

I'm sure with a few practice runs a person could manage an accectable forgery to pass the nonchalant scrutiny I've experienced,but you make a good point about possible reimbersment.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 7:39:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Shit like this is why gun registration cards make me soo uneasy.. If someone were to steal my wallet they would get somewhere between 1-3 handgun registration cards (depending on which ones I had with me) which have the make, model and serial number. They would also get my address on my drivers license. I also used to make a small time sheet and keep it tucked in my wallet so I could count exactly how many hours I had worked each day (me and my employer got in an argument over this, so I started this).

Didn't even realise that I had this much inside my wallet, until I was cleaning it one day.. Needless to say, is has been fixed.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:22:06 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Yep, that's right.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:31:24 AM EDT
[#17]
ugh
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:47:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Some roach stole my wallet!!!  

That is some big bug.......
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:08:03 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Shit like this is why gun registration cards make me soo uneasy.. If someone were to steal my wallet they would get somewhere between 1-3 handgun registration cards (depending on which ones I had with me) which have the make, model and serial number. They would also get my address on my drivers license. I also used to make a small time sheet and keep it tucked in my wallet so I could count exactly how many hours I had worked each day (me and my employer got in an argument over this, so I started this).

Didn't even realise that I had this much inside my wallet, until I was cleaning it one day.. Needless to say, is has been fixed.

Get a separate ID case.  Keep your DL, CCW, SS Card [if you carry it] and any firearm permits in it.  Keep it in shirt pocket separate from wallet.  The two-window kind is best, DL visible in one, CCW visible in other.  

Makes it easy to instantly provide DL and CCW to Officer in states where required in a traffic stop.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top